watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player ratings @ West Brom

Started by IranianCottager, February 23, 2014, 02:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IranianCottager

Stekelenburg - 8: Was outstanding, would have received a 10 if he could have kept the goal out, but besides that he saved us countless times.
Riether - 7: Worked hard as always and had some good tackles on defense. Did't get forward much, but when he did, he worked well with Dejagah.
Heitinga - 8: Rock solid in defense, contained Anichebe very well. Should have scored that early header though.
Hangeland - 7: I think he is getting unfair criticism, he was also solid, however he could improve distribution.
Amorebieta - 6: When I saw his name on the team sheet, I thought he would be an absolute liability, but he managed to do ok.
Dejagah - 8: Great game from Ashkan, nice to see him back. Very nicely taken goal, good defensive work, took care of the ball, drew fouls, and created some chances. Was our only real outlet during the second-half.
Parker - 7: I think he is also getting too much criticism. He worked extremely hard and distributed the ball well when he didn't turn it over.
Sidwell - 7: Typical Sidwell performance. Ran his socks off and broke up play. Should have scored off of Dejagah's cross though.
Richardson - 7: Nice assist for the goal and good work from him overall both defensively and offensively.
Holtby - 6: Although he started brightly, he faded out of the game and every time he got the ball, I felt like he just hoofed it up the field towards Rodallega or Mitroglou. Also had some careless turnovers when he tired.
Rodallega - 7: Pressured the defense with his work ethic and did well with what he was provided with. Great volley that was nicely saved by Foster. I would start him next week as well, I don't think Mitroglou is ready yet.

Riise - 7: Was better than Amorebieta, should start over him.
Mitroglou - 5: Clearly out of shape, so I'm not going to bash him, but I don't think he is ready yet.
Burn - 6: Didn't really have much to do, won a few headers and gave up an unnecessary foul in a dangerous spot when he hadn't adjusted to the pace of the game.

RidgeRider

can't argue with any of your ratings. I agree Parker is getting a bit too much criticism. My guess is we expected him to be what Holtby is, but Parker isn't that type of player.

JackyFulham90

I thought Stekelenburg,  Heitinga, Parker, Sidwell, Dejagah, Richardson & Rodallega all played well.

Parker run out of legs & should have come off for Kvist.
Amorebieta was poor.
Mitraglou didn't have a lot of service to try make an impact

callumc513

Parker played exactly how we should expect him to; brilliant work rate and effort, some crucial tackles, poor passing overall and bad decisions putting other players under unnecessary pressure.

Julius Geezer

Holtby definitely faded second half, but first half he was instrumental.

The touches, passing and vision he possessed just showed why he is head and shoulders better than anyone else on the pitch!

callumc513

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 23, 2014, 09:38:33 PM
Holtby definitely faded second half, but first half he was instrumental.

The touches, passing and vision he possessed just showed why he is head and shoulders better than anyone else on the pitch!

Absolutely key for us.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

:yay:
Quote from: RidgeRider on February 23, 2014, 03:53:58 PM
can't argue with any of your ratings. I agree Parker is getting a bit too much criticism. My guess is we expected him to be what Holtby is, but Parker isn't that type of player.

Ridgy  were you giggling when you typed this.............. admit it

RidgeRider

Quote from: KCat on February 23, 2014, 11:17:11 PM
:yay:
Quote from: RidgeRider on February 23, 2014, 03:53:58 PM

Ridgy  were you giggling when you typed this.............. admit it

haha...maybe

SimpleTactics

I disagree i thought Parker played very poorly and it was an error to not use Kvist and Sidwell

Denver Fulham

Quote from: IranianCottager on February 23, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
Parker - 7: ... distributed the ball well when he didn't turn it over.

That's damning with faint praise.

copthornemike

Quote from: IranianCottager on February 23, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
Stekelenburg - 8: Was outstanding, would have received a 10 if he could have kept the goal out, but besides that he saved us countless times.
Riether - 7: Worked hard as always and had some good tackles on defense. Did't get forward much, but when he did, he worked well with Dejagah.
Heitinga - 8: Rock solid in defense, contained Anichebe very well. Should have scored that early header though.
Hangeland - 7: I think he is getting unfair criticism, he was also solid, however he could improve distribution.
Amorebieta - 6: When I saw his name on the team sheet, I thought he would be an absolute liability, but he managed to do ok.
Dejagah - 8: Great game from Ashkan, nice to see him back. Very nicely taken goal, good defensive work, took care of the ball, drew fouls, and created some chances. Was our only real outlet during the second-half.
Parker - 7: I think he is also getting too much criticism. He worked extremely hard and distributed the ball well when he didn't turn it over.
Sidwell - 7: Typical Sidwell performance. Ran his socks off and broke up play. Should have scored off of Dejagah's cross though.
Richardson - 7: Nice assist for the goal and good work from him overall both defensively and offensively.
Holtby - 6: Although he started brightly, he faded out of the game and every time he got the ball, I felt like he just hoofed it up the field towards Rodallega or Mitroglou. Also had some careless turnovers when he tired.
Rodallega - 7: Pressured the defense with his work ethic and did well with what he was provided with. Great volley that was nicely saved by Foster. I would start him next week as well, I don't think Mitroglou is ready yet.

Riise - 7: Was better than Amorebieta, should start over him.
Mitroglou - 5: Clearly out of shape, so I'm not going to bash him, but I don't think he is ready yet.
Burn - 6: Didn't really have much to do, won a few headers and gave up an unnecessary foul in a dangerous spot when he hadn't adjusted to the pace of the game.
Agree with most of your ratings. However I would query your rating for Heitinga.
Although he looked fine for most of the first half when WBA brought on Anichebe I thought he looked extremely uncomfortable. Anichebe continually turned him around with ease it was not until Brede latched onto him did the defense look to have Anichebe's measure. Burns looked fine when he came on but by that stage we were on the back foot for too much of the game, our passing game disintegrated and the team looked knackered after the hour.