watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today´s games

Started by grandad, February 23, 2014, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

Norwich had to lose that one me to have any hope of us getting out of it.  with their run in I had them finishing 1 point above us but overtaking a 7 point advantage isn't going to happen

Wingnut

Yep, that is one less team to catch up on. Norwich are 7 points ahead now. That was a massive result for them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Admin

We are now really in the toilet. If one of West Brom, Palace or Stoke pick up points in the next two games and fail to do so, that's us cooked bar a big miracle.

Honestly, I hate Spurs with a passion, not because they lost today and heaped pressure on us today, but because their fans are so deluded and think they're better than they are.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2014, 05:53:35 PM
Norwich put another nail in Fulham's coffin.

I suppose so but they earned it and did not sit back for the rest of the game after they scored and stretched Spurs enough to make their play fairly ragged. Big fat lessons to be learned but it does show what a huge difference three points is going to make to any of the bottom five ................... the problem with that summary is that I don't know where our next three are coming from.

JackyFulham90

We need to do what Norwich have done & surprise Chelsea Saturday

Admin

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 23, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

I suppose so but they earned it and did not sit back for the rest of the game after they scored and stretched Spurs enough to make their play fairly ragged. Big fat lessons to be learned but it does show what a huge difference three points is going to make to any of the bottom five ................... the problem with that summary is that I don't know where our next three are coming from.
[/quote

Not for a couple of weeks, so by then, either Stoke, WBA and Palace would have picked up points leaving us a bit high and dry. That Norwich result has hurt us a bit more than I imagined. Bugger..

PokerMatt

Doesn't look good, but it remains that we need to get ourselves out of it rather than rely on other teams.

We really do need a win from one of our next two at home, though. And cannot lose to Cardiff.

Still in our hands because all the teams around us will still lose plenty.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Admin on February 23, 2014, 06:01:38 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 23, 2014, 05:58:24 PM

[/quote

Not for a couple of weeks, so by then, either Stoke, WBA and Palace would have picked up points leaving us a bit high and dry. That Norwich result has hurt us a bit more than I imagined. Bugger..

Simple maths would indicate Villa could be a cheap farewell day out and of course Sparky could yet have the last laugh. God forbid

Lighthouse

The fact that Norwich win or have a tough last 4 games is all immaterial unless Fulham put together a run of results. There will be a few teams scrapping but we are bottom of the worst Prem in years. We have had chance upon chance to get results but have failed to do so. It still isn't too late. However to odd result here and there makes little difference if we cannot hang onto results when we can.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Macedo

We are in this mess not because Soldado missed chances or
Norwich got 3 points..
Its simply because we have been rubbish all season.
59 goals conceeded says it all.
Sorry but we cant keep hiding from the truth.

Admin

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 23, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
We need to do what Norwich have done & surprise Chelsea Saturday

094.gif 094.gif

Buffalo76

Norwich winning has made our task that bit harder now  fp.gif

Artful Dodger

It makes the WBA equaliser even more of a disaster, if it wasn't already.....
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Buffalo76

Quote from: Macedo on February 23, 2014, 06:09:58 PM
Norwich got 3 points..

:plus one:

DukeTyrion

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 23, 2014, 06:02:38 PM
Doesn't look good, but it remains that we need to get ourselves out of it rather than rely on other teams.

We really do need a win from one of our next two at home, though. And cannot lose to Cardiff.

Still in our hands because all the teams around us will still lose plenty.

One of the annoying things is, the game in hand that Sunderland will have after this week will be against West Brom, so as it currently stands, we are at least 6 points from being outside the relegation zone.

Jem

Quote from: Macedo on February 23, 2014, 06:09:58 PM
Norwich got 3 points..
Sadly that is exactly right!

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Denver Fulham

This was a devastating result today. Norwich was one of the prime candidates for us to catch, since we still play them (at home and we own them in general) and on their run of form. Now we're effectively eight points behind them. That may be too much even if we beat them at home. Lifelines are dwindling, although as several have noted, we're getting exactly what we deserve for our season's performance.

Three managers can't solve one simple problem: The roster built for this season was poor and old. The overall results and how we keel over in the last 20-30 mins of matches can't be argued.

Julius Geezer

Thought Norwich would lose today!

Real shame they didn't.

Spurs must still have been on a downer from the Dnipro defeat.

Norwich haven't got a bad run-in (apart from Fulham!), I think one or two others might now get dragged into it.