watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

General Concensus Seems to be

Started by Fulham Phil, February 23, 2014, 10:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Phil

Stop dropping deep a la second half of not just yesterday's game but a regular occurrence in most games!
Is it because we run out of puff? Surely they can't be that unfit?
Is it a mind set that we need to snap out of?
Now Mr M has seen it for himself surely he will kick ass and change that idea although you would think the players themselves would realize they are making it hard for themselves?
Give Mr M time although the next match will not be a good gauge against Chelski, we will have to play out of our skins!
Maybe we will, as we often do, play well against top opposition and get something from the game!
I can dream can't I?
Maybe be have to take game to opposition and not sit back, have a go?

nose

in another post I have said I do think one big issue is the lack of a classic center forward capable of holding up the ball and bringing into play the midfield. as it is we whack it forward and it comes straight back. Felix has a problem that neither bent or hugo is that type and mitroglu is an unkown but from what i have seen and heard of him  is not that type either......  he has to figure out a way that when we are defending that we when we gain possesion we can get the ball forward quickly and keep it forward long enough for the midfield to join in and apply some pressure of our own.

I think that will be quite a problem to solve!

Denver Fulham

We're an old team with numerous players who can't maintain their level for 90 mins, and it's compounded by an inability of our back six to play good passes and keep possession under increasing pressure.

So we end up chasing and chasing and wearing down and chasing and then the inevitable boot to the berries comes.

ffc73

Quote from: Fulham Phil on February 23, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Is it because we run out of puff?
Surely they can't be that unfit?

1. Yes it is
2. Yes they are.  

+ Age catches up with us all

RaySmith

You have to remember that there is another, always quality in the Prem, team in the game, who will commit to attack in the second half if they are  a goal down, and force us back

Though it is natural instinct to protect a lead, especially when in the situation of Fulham, and when you also find it hard to score.

I don't think it's to do with fitness, though players can tire - at any age - psychological factors , such as being in a failing team, and lack of confidence can exacerbate this.

Riether's error against LPool was a result of tiredness I think .