A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Burn or Hangeland??

Started by JackyFulham90, February 24, 2014, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should be a regular next to Heitinga?

Brede Hangeland
5 (19.2%)
Dan Burn
21 (80.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

JackyFulham90

Brede has had a poor season but he didn't do badly Saturday, Burn is very talented a player who I rate highly,  who should be starting out of these 2??

Pluto

Burn. No brainer. The lad is the future.

LukeJennings

Who says they can't both play? Although Heitenga has been impressive!!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

DukeTyrion

Quote from: LukeJennings on February 24, 2014, 10:52:09 AM
Who says they can't both play? Although Heitenga has been impressive!!

They are both left sided centre backs, and whenever Hangeland players right centre back (whether next to Burn or Amorebieta) he seems to be all over the place.

Danitar

It depends who your playing. If your playing a team that lumps balls in the box then burn as he's better in the air. But if you have a team that plays ball to feet then hangeland.

TonyGilroy

Not voting.

These are the sort of calls Magath has to make. Brede may be more reliable in carrying out Magath's plans and in having experience. I don't think he'll accept excuses or underperforming though.

It's a question of who can best do what Magath wants the team to do. Our previous managers greatest fault was in not seeming to have a coherent, consistent game plan. A way to play that gets the most out of our players. That's what I hope to see.

grandad

Dan the Man. He has proved he is up to the task.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 24, 2014, 10:59:16 AM
Not voting.

These are the sort of calls Magath has to make. Brede may be more reliable in carrying out Magath's plans and in having experience. I don't think he'll accept excuses or underperforming though.

It's a question of who can best do what Magath wants the team to do. Our previous managers greatest fault was in not seeming to have a coherent, consistent game plan. A way to play that gets the most out of our players. That's what I hope to see.

I completely agree although based on saturday i would stick with brede and hitinga with riis and reither at full back.... Burn is a fine player but i think brede V chelsea is a better option and keeps to what we did well on saturday.

Roberty

Burn may well be the future but we are living in the present.
Burn and Hangeland both play on the left and seeing them together was not a pretty sight.
In a crisis you have to go for experience - Hangeland and Heitinga have lots of that and it showed on Saturday.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

nose

Quote from: Roberty on February 24, 2014, 12:24:20 PM
Burn may well be the future but we are living in the present.
Burn and Hangeland both play on the left and seeing them together was not a pretty sight.
In a crisis you have to go for experience - Hangeland and Heitinga have lots of that and it showed on Saturday.

once again i agree with this. I thought anichobee (sorry for spelling) was a handful and burn's lack of experience showed. Hetinga played him better. I like burn he is a very good player but brede was very good on saturday too, so go with experience.