News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Imagine if the club subsidised tickets for every away game...

Started by FPT, February 24, 2014, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

The buzz from Aston Villa being about £25 for both a train ticket and a match ticket has been phenomenal with people worrying whether they can actually get a ticket on general sale.

In Germany, the attendance is huge thanks to cheap ticket prices, and thanks to that the atmosphere improves.

Fulham, if you want to recreate the support from West Brom and show belief in the term "Football without fans is nothing" then do this for every away game.

Come on you whites!

Rhys Lightning 63

Unfortunately that is a good idea, the club very rarley follows up on good ideas 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

This may be slightly relevant to this thread.
I just happened to be looking at the programme for the first match of the 1960-61 season on the wonderful Fulham Programmes website (http://www.fulhamfootballprogrammes.co.uk/ for those who don't already have it bookmarked).
The first article is an apology/explanation  for putting up the minimum entry price to THREE SHILLINGS (15p) this is worth between £3 and £6.50 today depending on which conversion index you use.

Until January 1961 footballers could be paid a maximum of only £20 but after that date JH got his £100 a week, and I expect they wished they had hiked up the Terrace price to the 4 bob they charged for the Enclosure (standing area in front of the Stand).

Julius Geezer

General

I wonder how much the club could actually charge and remain keeping their heads above board (I know this is a football club and that rarely happens), but how much to keep level in terms of paying wages etc to everyone at the club, the costs would be?

Obviously this is easier done with away games..? I wonder how it's all structured.. anyone know?

west kowloon white

Second response brings a negative comment!Armchair at the weekend so can say no more.

Denver Fulham

I'd rather the club take 29 pounds x 2,000 tickets x 19 away matches and put that money toward a central midfielder who can pass more than 5 yards and run for more than 60 mins, personally.

hovewhite

Its good to see this gesture by the club and the extra vocal support should lift the team.
Well done fulham fc.

Julius Geezer

Quote from: Denver Fulham on February 24, 2014, 08:35:38 PM
I'd rather the club take 29 pounds x 2,000 tickets x 19 away matches and put that money toward a central midfielder who can pass more than 5 yards and run for more than 60 mins, personally.

Not being funny mate but aren't you American?

What would ticket prices matter to you?

SouthfieldWhite

The problem is football in general and greedy players and agents wanting to earn too much.

To be fair to Fulham, they have been subsidising away games for years with cheap away coach travel.

I do believe football is too expensive and my main reason why I don't go to every away games these days, I just can't afford it

Not many clubs are like Fulham, so before having a go saying they should do it every week, just realise what they have done compared to other clubs

epsomraver

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 24, 2014, 09:00:43 PM

0001.jpeg

Denver Fulham

Ticket prices don't matter to be directly. Asset allocation and use matters to me as a fan.

It's a great gesture for the club and hey, if they can afford to underwrite seven figs for a whole season, go to it.

YankeeJim

:plus one:

Course being an American, ticket prices don't matter to me (can you sense the sarcasm?) but even if I weren't, I still want the club to put a better product on the pitch rather than toss a few bucks my way. The club should come first.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Skatzoffc

Is it a case that the club buy the allocation of tickets before the game anyway?
If so, and they don't sell them all, surely it makes sense to lower the prices. Put on a few coaches for free and show goodwill to fans who want to support the team at away games.
It all makes sense to me if that is the case. Lots of people struggle to afford season tickets let alone fund away trips as well.
As I say, I'm not a 100% this is the case tho. Does anyone know the facts?
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

SKSW6

Yeah, the club could really use that whopping £1.1m you've calculated as there's not much money flowing round the Premier League these days. Us match-going fans meanwhile, we're all loaded, so that extra £29 every fortnight would mean nothing to us.

Tempest

For the reasons he stated?? Plus, whether someone attends or not they can still have an opinion as to how the club generates resvenue, spends etc. We support Fulham, whether been to zero games or 1000 - we are equal in that sense.
Live in Falmouth!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on February 24, 2014, 05:55:27 PM
Unfortunately that is a good idea, the club very rarley follows up on good ideas 

Didn't we all say Stoke setting up the Free away coaches was a good idea...?

FFCByTheRiver

I'll take the extra atmosphere and hope for the '12th man' effect, rather than the extra funds right now, personally.

copthornemike

All Premiership clubs have been allocated £200,000 to subsidise away supporters this season.

According to the BBC site 'The Cottagers are offering free tickets for juniors and free travel to all away games. They have also made improvements to the Putney End (away stand) facilities at their own ground. '

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore announced a total of £12m would be given to clubs over the next three seasons, in response to a 10% decline in away attendances over the past five seasons.