News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What an exciting end to the season much better than last year!

Started by Fulham Paul, February 24, 2014, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Paul

Hold on to your hats for the last 11 games, ups, downs, a roller coaster of emotion! How different to last years whimper after we hit 40 points. Lets try and enjoy it... (Ok I have been reading a positive thinking book!) :021:

Burt

Like the last Great Escape we had, it was awful whilst it all unfolded (I think my fingers were chewed in to stumps) and it was only after the final whistle went at Fratton Park that you really did feel you had been through something dramatic and historic.

In other words, I am not enjoying it at the moment, but if we do survive then there will be some good times to be had in our run-in.

Admin

Quote from: Burt on February 24, 2014, 05:39:01 PM
Like the last Great Escape we had, it was awful whilst it all unfolded (I think my fingers were chewed in to stumps) and it was only after the final whistle went at Fratton Park that you really did feel you had been through something dramatic and historic.

In other words, I am not enjoying it at the moment, but if we do survive then there will be some good times to be had in our run-in.

You're not wrong there! I seriously aged after that experience and prayed that we'd never go through it again. Unfortunately, we'll have to..

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Berserker

I'd rather we were safe and a bit bored
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Me .........I would  take this time , every time  over The Jol Zombie Walk of 2013 .

What ever happens,  we have  an excellent manager, it can only get better

nevzter

"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Holders

Quote from: nevzter on February 24, 2014, 07:23:52 PM
Quote from: Berserker on February 24, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
I'd rather we were safe and a bit bored

Exactly.

I was saying this time last year to enjoy the mid-table mediocrity while it lasted.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

It will only be exciting if we are still in with a shout in the next few games. But so far it looks as if we could well be put out of our misery if other teams pick up points. Whoever is our new manager next week, we will not play for 90 minutes and will concede early or late. Boring as hell because we keep on doing the same things.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: KCat on February 24, 2014, 06:50:57 PM
Me .........I would  take this time , every time  over The Jol Zombie Walk of 2013 .

What ever happens,  we have  an excellent manager, it can only get better

On what basis do you conclude he is an excellent manager for Fulham?  Never managed in the prem and no track record at Fulham yet.  Surely the jury has to remain out for a while?

RaySmith

I'm never bored watching Fulham. Even if we seem to be doing well, I always think doom is around the corner. Even if we go  two , or more,goals up in a game- now when did that last happen? - I always think we will end up losing.

So I don't appreciate this level of tension - and find the idea of relegation very depressing, even though, or maybe because , I have seen a few.

But if we survive we will all look back affectionately on the heightened emotion and drama of these times, and say proudly 'I was there when we beat so and so when we had to win to stay up.'

Yes, it's good if you start to turn things round - like going on a cup run- but depressing and nerve racking if you keep failing to pick up points, and  doom seems inevitable.

But we will turn things round under Felix-
COYW!

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on February 25, 2014, 07:31:09 AM
I'm never bored watching Fulham. Even if we seem to be doing well, I always think doom is around the corner. Even if we go  two , or more,goals up in a game- now when did that last happen? - I always think we will end up losing.

So I don't appreciate this level of tension - and find the idea of relegation very depressing, even though, or maybe because , I have seen a few.

But if we survive we will all look back affectionately on the heightened emotion and drama of these times, and say proudly 'I was there when we beat so and so when we had to win to stay up.'

Yes, it's good if you start to turn things round - like going on a cup run- but depressing and nerve racking if you keep failing to pick up points, and  doom seems inevitable.

But we will turn things round under Felix-
COYW!

really, have you been in an induced coma during the Jol years then? :dead horse:

aconnecticutyankee

I am sure Fulham will stay up this year, and new heroes will emerge.

jarv

It makes it more interesting watching other relegation candidates on tv.  Gives us someone to support (even if it is chelsea beating Sunderland or whoever).