watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Charlton

Started by SouthfieldWhite, February 24, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Great win for Charlton tonight, and one game away from Wembley, it so easily  could of been Fulham v Charlton for a place at Wembley .

Delighted for my old mucker Chris Powell who has had a hard time of it recently , but a good win against QPHa on Saturday and now tonight.

I wasn't that bothered about the FA cup but now I wished we were still on it, oh well maybe next season

Admin

One of the main reason why I think Rene' got the tin-tack. Like you say, could of so easily of been us, but if Magath gets us out of this hole, I'll take it with bells on.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on February 24, 2014, 10:13:37 PM
One of the main reason why I think Rene' got the tin-tack. Like you say, could of so easily of been us, but if Magath gets us out of this hole, I'll take it with bells on.

I said before we played Norwich in cup, I'd take survival over a cup run so wasn't overly bothered about getting knocked out although it gave a chance to the youngsters, still don't know how we went out to SHEFF Utd

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 24, 2014, 10:16:08 PM

I said before we played Norwich in cup, I'd take survival over a cup run so wasn't overly bothered about getting knocked out although it gave a chance to the youngsters, still don't know how we went out to SHEFF Utd

Through ignorance, that's how we went out.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on February 24, 2014, 10:17:30 PM

Should of won it at Bramell lane

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 24, 2014, 10:22:02 PM

Changing the subject, I meant to ask you something the other day. I'm doing some work for Eastbourne Borough Football club, just updating their internal Telecoms etc. When speaking to the Chairman, he said they were due at Motspur Park to play a cup game? Under 17's, 18's?? Could of already been played but I wasn't to sure..

SouthfieldWhite

Wouldn't be a cup game mate, Fulham
Do invite junior teams in to play their younger academy teams but that would be in the dome or the other astro pitch

HatterDon

two sides without a clue how to defend as a unit -- this is the kind of football we'll be watching next season. Sigh.  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

IranianCottager

Charlton signed Iran's starting forward, Reza Ghoochannejhad, from Standard Liege during the January transfer window. He has started the all three league games for them, but is yet to score, although he has played well and hit the post twice.

Really hoping he can lead the line well for Iran in the World Cup and bag us some goals with the limited chances he will get. He has scored 8 goals in 10 appearances for Iran, including the goal in the 1-0 win @ South Korea which booked Iran a ticket to Brazil.

HatterDon

he was on the bench today but didn't feature. I was hoping that both he and Oguchi Onyewu would play, since the latter would be defending your guy. It would have been Ghooch v. Gooch. But, nah, they only feature in league matches.

IranianCottager

Quote from: HatterDon on February 25, 2014, 02:01:37 AM
he was on the bench today but didn't feature. I was hoping that both he and Oguchi Onyewu would play, since the latter would be defending your guy. It would have been Ghooch v. Gooch. But, nah, they only feature in league matches.
He was subbed in the 80th minute, but yeah, he didn't play much. Charlton played a different team for the most part though from the one vs QPR two days ago, so I wasn't really surprised.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Admin on February 24, 2014, 10:27:02 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 24, 2014, 10:22:02 PM

Changing the subject, I meant to ask you something the other day. I'm doing some work for Eastbourne Borough Football club, just updating their internal Telecoms etc. When speaking to the Chairman, he said they were due at Motspur Park to play a cup game? Under 17's, 18's?? Could of already been played but I wasn't to sure..

Over the summer Borough launched their academy/youth team after quite a lot of effort had gone into it. They held trials and have a setup with links to universities etc.

So I assume the Motspur thing is something to do with the youth team. Maybe those who run it can get tips from Fulham and the youth can play a friendly to see how they match up?

Looking further. Seems it was an academy league cup game and Eastbourne won 4-3. Blimey. http://www.ebfc.co.uk/news/academy-down-premiership-rivals-in-cup-progress-1163572.html

Although the above seemed to be in eastbourne so not sure what the Motspur thing is.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on February 25, 2014, 12:00:42 AM
two sides without a clue how to defend as a unit -- this is the kind of football we'll be watching next season. Sigh.  fp.gif

Charlton have one of the best defensive records in re league, certainly better than everyone in the bottom half,it's scoring goals that have been the problem

Pluto

Quote from: IranianCottager on February 25, 2014, 01:02:22 AM
Charlton signed Iran's starting forward, Reza Ghoochannejhad, from Standard Liege during the January transfer window. He has started the all three league games for them, but is yet to score, although he has played well and hit the post twice.

Really hoping he can lead the line well for Iran in the World Cup and bag us some goals with the limited chances he will get. He has scored 8 goals in 10 appearances for Iran, including the goal in the 1-0 win @ South Korea which booked Iran a ticket to Brazil.

Wow that is a serious name!

So disappointed we aren't the ones playing Charlton for a spot in the semis. One of my best mates is a die hard Charlton fan so would've been a good day out.

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on February 25, 2014, 08:17:18 PM

So disappointed we aren't the ones playing Charlton for a spot in the semis. One of my best mates is a die hard Charlton fan so would've been a good day out.

Never mind, we'll play them twice next year.

Pluto

Quote from: HatterDon on February 25, 2014, 08:32:18 PM
Quote from: Pluto on February 25, 2014, 08:17:18 PM

Never mind, we'll play them twice next year.

They could still go down!