watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you had the Man City Sheik's wealth

Started by Tempest, February 25, 2014, 08:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

and you are the person you are today, a Fulham fan, how would you run Fulham? Try to buy Messi? Ronaldo? Zlatan? Go down sustainable route? Or gamble like Jack Walker did, win the PL and then realise how much it costs to stay up there and ultimately destroy the club?

I think I'd try to get as close to sustainable as possible but to keep the fans excited, I'd have one marquee signing per season (£25m type player) and buy QPR and send all our reserves/u21 to play there to develop ( changng their colours to black and white)

I would also employ myself as chief south american scout :clap_hands:
Live in Falmouth!

LukeJennings

I'd buy back Roy Hodgson and Ray Lewington
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Northern Cottager

Continue to blood the youth and create players of Southamptons youth quality but bring in marquee signings to keep the TV money and excitement for the fans here.

Agree with the QPR idea but I think we could buy it, knock down Loftus Road and turn it into something even more pointless, like an ice rink or a Lidl and make them ground share with Brentford.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 25, 2014, 09:30:13 AM
Continue to blood the youth and create players of Southamptons youth quality but bring in marquee signings to keep the TV money and excitement for the fans here.

Agree with the QPR idea but I think we could buy it, knock down Loftus Road and turn it into something even more pointless, like an ice rink or a Lidl and make them ground share with Brentford.

But make it a literal share. Half the ground each to include away fans split down halfway so there's always (at least) one end of stony silence.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

valdeingruo

Well start with coaching, if youve got the money, you can buy the best. No insult to Magath, but as this is hypothetical a whole new backroom staff would be brought in.

Bring in three "spine" players who would be the glue to the new playing mentality and future squad. One would be a Marco Reus type, someone who is creative but hasnt reached full potential. A no nonsense class defender who isnt afraid to speak his mind and a proven Premiership striker, maybe nab Lukaku.

3 added players would disrupt the squad and would build a steady base to work with, in 7 years with reasonable spending, the club could challenge for a top four spot regularly.

Make Fulham  an attractive place for young players to come, this would include giving debuts to almost all of our u-21s promising that the current lot is.

And given the fact I have loads of money in this scenario, no more than five to ten a ticket, while building a larger stadium (somehow) that still preserves the Cottage.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Burt

I would not waste my money on owning a football club... :dft011:

@jolslover

firstly i would bring in 2 players, lukaku and resign dembele
STH H3

bulgariawhite

Lets face it Man City will never be involved in a relegation fight now, nor will Man Utd,Chelsea or Arsenal. They have the Stadia and bags of money to survive. If you cant buy them there is no point in owning a club. Newcastle are on the market at 250 million, sounds a better deal than Kahn got buying Fulham for 200m.

eloc

id spend all the money on pillaging the worlds best youth systems, and under 21s. fulham needs youth after riding on the backs of elder statesmen. build a world class team of players with high upside, and a scouting system that rivals la masia and castilla combined.