Larnell Cole to MK Dons....

Started by JackyFulham90, February 25, 2014, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

On a loan deal

This is what I've seen on twitter & Sky Sports News

Again like Tunnicliffe very harsh on the player he looks promising

Max Headroom

They are young and relatively unproven. Getting games is what they need. Better than having them in our reserves

Tempest

Harsh but fair. If he isn't going to get a chance it's better he's out on loan playing, better for him and better for us. Although I'd agree with many it doesn't look good for him and Tunnicliffe especially if we stay in the PL. If we go down, different story.
Live in Falmouth!

Roberty

We have used more players than any other team in the Premiere League and Rene commented about the excessive number of players in his first team squad.

If we are to survive the manager needs to concentrate on the players he sees as the core and not be distracted by players who are always going to be on the periphery.

That might seem harsh but it is the situation we are in and sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Riverside

Harsh but sensible surely
More playing time the better
These players are our future

Bedford White

I'd suggest that despite the energy they bring to the team they're still untested at this level.

If we can stay up they'll get oppertunities to shine next season, if we go down then they'll most likely become regular starters.

Either way, for what remains of this lousy season, both Cole and Tunnicliffe are better off away on loan getting games and experience.

Bronaldinho

Let's just hope the papers are incorrect about possibility of view to permanents...

These two are our future.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Danitar

Does anyone know what the fees were when we bought cole and tunnicliffe? I heard that man united didn't want to sell cole as he was one for the future and they wanted to put a buy back in the negotiations and tunnicliffe was also highly regarded very highly so I don't understand what's going on with these two. I get that they might as well play regular football but potentially selling them is a joke

RidgeRider

My reaction is seems short sighted. If these loans deals include possibilities of permanent moves, then Magath clearly sees them as surplus to needs now, and in the future....makes me wonder if this is his way of saying the Rene era is over. Not sure I agree with all this but without knowing their plans and motivations its hard to say for sure whether this is good or bad.

PokerMatt

I would think that if only L1 and not even Championship clubs are in for him then this isn't much of a loss. I wouldn't expect us to sell him after the loan spell.

He needs to do a Burn and prove himself at a lower level before getting thrown straight in at PL level. I back this move.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MJG

The lad has played 10 minutes of first team football, he is not the answer to our problems yet. I really dont see the issue here.

HatterDon

Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2014, 03:31:11 PM
The lad has played 10 minutes of first team football, he is not the answer to our problems yet. I really dont see the issue here.

The issue is that we'll never see Cole or Tunnicliffe in Fulham kit again. They'll be transferred out this summer. As long as they are "Rene's buys," they'll never get a shot at Fulham. Tunnicliffe, at least, will be ready for the Prem by August. It would have been nice to hang on to our talented kids, but that idea seems only to have resonated with Rene.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

Quote from: HatterDon on February 25, 2014, 08:24:01 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 25, 2014, 03:31:11 PM

The issue is that we'll never see Cole or Tunnicliffe in Fulham kit again. They'll be transferred out this summer. As long as they are "Rene's buys," they'll never get a shot at Fulham. Tunnicliffe, at least, will be ready for the Prem by August. It would have been nice to hang on to our talented kids, but that idea seems only to have resonated with Rene.

If we get rid of these two without them even having had a chance and keep garbage like Riise, Duff (love him but he's past it) and Parker I'm going to be seriously peed off.

Admin

Can't see that they will be sold in the summer, I just feel that Felix only has time to work with the supposedly 'experience players' due to our current situation.

horse1031

I assume that if we are relegated, these two will be back helping us to try and bounce back.