watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta in Italy U-21s

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, February 25, 2014, 09:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Marcello has always had a bit of a mixed press. He isn't very easy on the eye. He's a big, bustling type of centre-forward. Although capable of some surprisingly refind touches, he's more Maurice Cook than Dimitar Berbatov.

The main thing about him is that he has always scored goals, which is a very valuable asset. Admittedly he failed to find the net even once in the whole of the 58 minutes he appeared for Watford - but he has always scored everywhere else. His goals/minute ratio this season with Brentford is most impressive ( about 150, I think).

It's a reasonable achievement to be capped by Italy at any level. He's learning and improving, seems to have a good attitude and will deserve a chance to show what he can do for us sooner than later.

The comment that he may end up in jail is gratuitous to say the least.

Neil D

The U21 team beat the Roma youth side 3-0 and Trotta scored.  It will be interesting to see if he makes into the side for the UEFA tournament qualifier against N. Ireland March 5th.

simplyfulham

Admin as far as I'm aware, you're no psychic.

It's near impossible to predict who will and who won't 'make it'. That's based on the simple evidence of stories of one to contradict the other. I doubt anyone backed Rickie Lambert or Kevin Davies after they had been dropped from umpteen teams - both are now capped for England.

By the same token, where is Cherno Samba and Freddy Adu now?

The more we see of Trotta, the more we can guess he probably isn't any sort of wonderkid. But while he's scoring goals at the top of the league and getting call ups to national youth squads, we can agree he's doing all we could legitamately ask of him to get our attention.

Just don't right him off so boldly before he's even close to 25. After all... It's a funny old game.

FPT

Quote from: leonffc on February 26, 2014, 05:31:02 AM
Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:42:44 PMYes, he's cutting it at league 1 Brentford, but he couldn't cut it at Championship Watford, in fact, they sent him back in disgust but got the hump when took Kacka back. Put it this way, he's been repeatedly put in Fulham's under 21's squad on his return, but has failed to impress on many occasions. What else do you want me to say?

They didn't send him back, he was an unused substitute for the remaining of his month long youth loan and it was only after that Watford loan (which, as I said, was too early for him). He has never failed to score goals at that level, and only has 3 substitute appearances for Fulham in 3 years, so he hasn't had the opportunity to impress, but to say he doesn't impress at U21 level is ludicrous. In fact, in 2011-12, he was the joint top goalscorer in the U21 Premier League, outscoring the likes of Andreas Weimann, Romelu Lukaku, Mame Birame Diouf, Patrick Bamford and Raheem Sterling.

I just disagree with your damning view of Marcello, and I feel that you didn't have much to prove by it, but fair enough.

I know a lad that was in the Watford U18's and reserves at the time Trotta and Kaca were there. Trust me (and Admin), they really didn't rate trotta. And I mean Really didn't!!
They loved Kaca.

You bring up the fact that he outscored all those players in the U21 league. This is a false stat. Those players were probably in and around their respective 1st teams and may not have palyed the same amount of games through the season.

I'm not, and never have been convinced by the lad. IF we go down he mightt make a decent striker for us in the Championship now that he has matured but I really cant see him being a consistant Premier league player.

I specifically used those players because I know that they were consistent U21 performers, not around the first team.

What I will say is, what about Alex Kacaniklic? There was stupendous hype; even linked with a move to Spurs before the end of last season, he's been one of our worst performers this year.

Young players develop at different times, and Marcello's loan to Watford stumped development. At Brentford, Marcello Trotta has hugely improved his ability outside of the box, which was the main worry.

If we give up on players at 21, then we do not deserve young players, it's as simple as that. 

leonffc

Quote from: FPT on February 26, 2014, 02:16:52 PM
Quote from: leonffc on February 26, 2014, 05:31:02 AM
Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:42:44 PMYes, he's cutting it at league 1 Brentford, but he couldn't cut it at Championship Watford, in fact, they sent him back in disgust but got the hump when took Kacka back. Put it this way, he's been repeatedly put in Fulham's under 21's squad on his return, but has failed to impress on many occasions. What else do you want me to say?

They didn't send him back, he was an unused substitute for the remaining of his month long youth loan and it was only after that Watford loan (which, as I said, was too early for him). He has never failed to score goals at that level, and only has 3 substitute appearances for Fulham in 3 years, so he hasn't had the opportunity to impress, but to say he doesn't impress at U21 level is ludicrous. In fact, in 2011-12, he was the joint top goalscorer in the U21 Premier League, outscoring the likes of Andreas Weimann, Romelu Lukaku, Mame Birame Diouf, Patrick Bamford and Raheem Sterling.

I just disagree with your damning view of Marcello, and I feel that you didn't have much to prove by it, but fair enough.

I know a lad that was in the Watford U18's and reserves at the time Trotta and Kaca were there. Trust me (and Admin), they really didn't rate trotta. And I mean Really didn't!!
They loved Kaca.

You bring up the fact that he outscored all those players in the U21 league. This is a false stat. Those players were probably in and around their respective 1st teams and may not have palyed the same amount of games through the season.

I'm not, and never have been convinced by the lad. IF we go down he mightt make a decent striker for us in the Championship now that he has matured but I really cant see him being a consistant Premier league player.

I specifically used those players because I know that they were consistent U21 performers, not around the first team.

What I will say is, what about Alex Kacaniklic? There was stupendous hype; even linked with a move to Spurs before the end of last season, he's been one of our worst performers this year.

Young players develop at different times, and Marcello's loan to Watford stumped development. At Brentford, Marcello Trotta has hugely improved his ability outside of the box, which was the main worry.

If we give up on players at 21, then we do not deserve young players, it's as simple as that. 

Fair enough for specifically using those players, I stand corrected.
I'm aware that young players develop at different rates and we also have to throw confidence in to the mix, especially when young. I certainly think Kaca's problems have a bit to do with confidence.

It's only my personal opinion but when I've seen Trotta in the flesh he didn't impress me. Add to that what I was told from Watford and it kind of formed my opinion. Of course he can come good and best of luck to him. I certainly think he will move on if we stay up this year. If not he'll probably get a chance to prove himself.