watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta in Italy U-21s

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, February 25, 2014, 09:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

I know what people will say - out at loan at brentford, la la la.  We brought Dan Burn back from loan and look how well he has done. Perhaps the same should have happened with Trotta. He is in the Italy U-21s squad, not bad recognition of his talent. A question: how many of our current 1st team strikers would even achieve that? I think he could have done a good job against WBA, as sub to Hugo, and providing someone to win the ball in the air, fight for the ball, keep it and hold it up....etc. etc. I definitely think Trotta could have done an effective job against Sheff Utd in the replay!!!!!!

JBH

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 25, 2014, 09:35:57 AM
I know what people will say - out at loan at brentford, la la la.  We brought Dan Burn back from loan and look how well he has done. Perhaps the same should have happened with Trotta. He is in the Italy U-21s squad, not bad recognition of his talent. A question: how many of our current 1st team strikers would even achieve that? I think he could have done a good job against WBA, as sub to Hugo, and providing someone to win the ball in the air, fight for the ball, keep it and hold it up....etc. etc. I definitely think Trotta could have done an effective job against Sheff Utd in the replay!!!!!!

None of the 1st team would achieve this feat as they are all over 21!

PokerMatt

And a further none by way of the fact that they aren't Italian.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Northern Cottager

Quote from: JBH on February 25, 2014, 09:38:06 AM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 25, 2014, 09:35:57 AM

None of the 1st team would achieve this feat as they are all over 21!

Haha

leonffc

The problem is with that, If Trotta had got a run against WBA then Mitroglu wouldn't have and the quicker he gets fit and up to speed with the premier league the better

MJG

Quote from: leonffc on February 25, 2014, 11:01:31 AM
The problem is with that, If Trotta had got a run against WBA then Mitroglu wouldn't have and the quicker he gets fit and up to speed with the premier league the better
I doubt Mitroglu improved his fitness at all on saturday given the fact the only thing missing from his kit was a walking frame.

HatterDon

At least Trotta knows how to score against Chelsea.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Admin

Trotta, Trotta, Trotta. The guy who has been on loan to umpteenth Division One clubs and shone, failed to cut in the Championship and has done nothing when brought back to Fulham from successful loan periods. It doesn't take a lot to work out that the guy will never be good enough for the Premiership, but might get a place on the bench if we get relegated.   

FPT

Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 08:59:21 PM
Trotta, Trotta, Trotta. The guy who has been on loan to umpteenth Division One clubs and shone, failed to cut in the Championship and has done nothing when brought back to Fulham from successful loan periods. It doesn't take a lot to work out that the guy will never be good enough for the Premiership, but might get a place on the bench if we get relegated.   

Have you started making stuff up Mr Admin? When was he brought back after a successful loan spell?

His stint in the Championship was way too early though, especially for a player of his style. Although the call up is a good sign of his recent form (nominated for League One player of the month for January) the Italy U21 side isn't great especially for a friendly tournament.

I think he'll be a late bloomer, possibly ready by 23/24 but I'm not convinced will give him the chance.

Admin

Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:26:04 PM

Have you started making stuff up Mr Admin? When was he brought back after a successful loan spell?

His stint in the Championship was way too early though, especially for a player of his style. Although the call up is a good sign of his recent form (nominated for League One player of the month for January) the Italy U21 side isn't great especially for a friendly tournament.

I think he'll be a late bloomer, possibly ready by 23/24 but I'm not convinced will give him the chance.

Firstly, I don't make stuff up. Secondly, I've seen enough 'so called' prospects come and go from Fulham, who people brand as the 'next best thing'. Unfortunately, and from my experience of the game, Trotta is one of those prospects who's Fulham career will end with a permanent move to Wycombe Wanderers, or a jail sentence. He's not good enough for this level.   

FPT

Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

Firstly, I don't make stuff up. Secondly, I've seen enough 'so called' prospects come and go from Fulham, who people brand as the 'next best thing'. Unfortunately, and from my experience of the game, Trotta is one of those prospects who's Fulham career will end with a permanent move to Wycombe Wanderers, or a jail sentence. He's not good enough for this level.   

With respect, I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. He's been a key figure of a Brentford side pushing for promotion and likely to go up automatically. You failed to answer when he was "brought back after a successful loan spell and done nothing"

Admin

Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:34:32 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

With respect, I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. He's been a key figure of a Brentford side pushing for promotion and likely to go up automatically. You failed to answer when he was "brought back after a successful loan spell and done nothing"

Yes, he's cutting it at league 1 Brentford, but he couldn't cut it at Championship Watford, in fact, they sent him back in disgust, but got the right hump when took back Kacka. Put it this way, he's been repeatedly put in Fulham's under 21's squad on his return, but has failed to impress on many occasions. What else do you want me to say?

Captain Fulhamerica

Could be a good player for us in the Championship.

Someone had to say it...

FPT

Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:42:44 PMYes, he's cutting it at league 1 Brentford, but he couldn't cut it at Championship Watford, in fact, they sent him back in disgust but got the hump when took Kacka back. Put it this way, he's been repeatedly put in Fulham's under 21's squad on his return, but has failed to impress on many occasions. What else do you want me to say?

They didn't send him back, he was an unused substitute for the remaining of his month long youth loan and it was only after that Watford loan (which, as I said, was too early for him). He has never failed to score goals at that level, and only has 3 substitute appearances for Fulham in 3 years, so he hasn't had the opportunity to impress, but to say he doesn't impress at U21 level is ludicrous. In fact, in 2011-12, he was the joint top goalscorer in the U21 Premier League, outscoring the likes of Andreas Weimann, Romelu Lukaku, Mame Birame Diouf, Patrick Bamford and Raheem Sterling.

I just disagree with your damning view of Marcello, and I feel that you didn't have much to prove by it, but fair enough.

Admin

Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:56:42 PM
Quote from: Admin on February 25, 2014, 09:42:44 PMYes, he's cutting it at league 1 Brentford, but he couldn't cut it at Championship Watford, in fact, they sent him back in disgust but got the hump when took Kacka back. Put it this way, he's been repeatedly put in Fulham's under 21's squad on his return, but has failed to impress on many occasions. What else do you want me to say?

They didn't send him back, he was an unused substitute for the remaining of his month long youth loan and it was only after that Watford loan (which, as I said, was too early for him). He has never failed to score goals at that level, and only has 3 substitute appearances for Fulham in 3 years, so he hasn't had the opportunity to impress, but to say he doesn't impress at U21 level is ludicrous. In fact, in 2011-12, he was the joint top goalscorer in the U21 Premier League, outscoring the likes of Andreas Weimann, Romelu Lukaku, Mame Birame Diouf, Patrick Bamford and Raheem Sterling.

I just disagree with your damning view of Marcello, and I feel that you didn't have much to prove by it, but fair enough.
[/quote

When 'Marecello' hasn't cut it in a couple of years time and ends up back at Wycombe, we'll touch on this conversation once again.

HatterDon

Trotta will likely be playing in the Championship next season -- either for us or for Brentford. I really think we should give him a run in the first team before we give up on him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BishopsParkFantastic

Won't cut it? A bit like all our current so-called strikers then!

leonffc

Quote from: FPT on February 25, 2014, 09:56:42 PM

I know a lad that was in the Watford U18's and reserves at the time Trotta and Kaca were there. Trust me (and Admin), they really didn't rate trotta. And I mean Really didn't!!
They loved Kaca.

You bring up the fact that he outscored all those players in the U21 league. This is a false stat. Those players were probably in and around their respective 1st teams and may not have palyed the same amount of games through the season.

I'm not, and never have been convinced by the lad. IF we go down he mightt make a decent striker for us in the Championship now that he has matured but I really cant see him being a consistant Premier league player.

Snibbo

A Brentford supporting relative of mine says Trotta's ok, but "overelaborates" i.e. fiddles around too much. Certainly doesn't rate him as anything out of the ordinary.

MJG

Never understood the hate for Trotta. Only blip is Watford where the manger signed him and then just did not want to use him. maybe he never rated him but everywhere else he has done well.
Some of you same posters have never seen a U21/U18 game but will still be the first to push forward a young player making headlines.
We can all have one Brentford fan say 'He's rubbish' and another 'he's great'. Christ we cant even agree on Sidwell.

The lad has done all that has been asked of him and Italy think he is good enough to get called up at least twice now for thei U21's. If he had been called up by England youth like some of our other players, once again some of you would be saying get him in the team.

Whatever division we are in next season hge deserves at least half a season in the squad and a number of games to show what he can do.