News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what's the thinking behind Felix getting an 18 month contract...?

Started by AnotherVicHalomLoveChild, February 25, 2014, 11:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

I believe 18 months is correct, but don't recollect anyone posting on it

Either he saves us or he doesn't

Presumably he is on a huge bonus if he does (& it would be well deserved so no issues there)

IF he fails then what's the reasoning behind staying on for a further 12 months?

The club will probably have to make considerable changes (maybe not all immediate with the parachute protection)

There would be a large clear out of players who are either not wanted or who may not be prepared to stay because they are "too good"

Of course I fully realise that relegation won't happen, especially after we kick start our season by beating Chelsea (seriously I think we will win) - roll ze dice Felix bitte!

So why 18 months?

You can just see it of course...Felix saves us from a seemingly impossible position

His stock rises as a result & suddenly other clubs are over us like a rash to sign him up!

He could even be FFC's 4th manager of Engerland after Woy & the first German to boot!

No, time for a lie down now.....nurse medicine pleez!

DukeTyrion

I guess it's partly down to what Felix wanted.

It's entirely possible that he would not want to be here for just 6 months, so an 18 month contract gives him some comfort that he will not do the difficult task of saving us, then be turfed out for a new manager.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 25, 2014, 11:19:46 AM
I guess it's partly down to what Felix wanted.

It's entirely possible that he would not want to be here for just 6 months, so an 18 month contract gives him some comfort that he will not do the difficult task of saving us, then be turfed out for a new manager.

That's my guess plus the desire to demonstrate to players and supporters that he's not just a temporary short term fix.

I think he'll leave in the summer if we go down without a fight.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Like Roy
This gives him the chance to gain experience in the best league in the world.
I have read alot about him, I think he is a man of his word and is confident enough not to be prideful.  IMO he will  do his 18 months whatever league we are in

filham

If he fails to save us from relegation, which is most likely, then he is here well bedded in to supervise a big clear out of players and mastermind a championship promotion challenge. If this is looking good by Christmas then we have him under contract to see it through, if by Christmas we are not in the top six then we only have to buy six months of his contract before finding another manager,

!8 months is a good period for us.

Berserker

I think he is here next season to try and bring us back up.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

millsy

i agree he's here to save us if he can but if not, to oversee the clearout and challenge to bounce straight back.

dont feel its anything to do with securing him for a little longer, should he keep us up, as we'd at that point be falling over ourselves to be offering a lucrative, longer term contract anyway.

As we all know, its the mismanagement of nearly two years that has brought us to the sorry state we're in as a club, so logically, you need to give a new man (especially someone of his calibre) a similar period to put things right.

Burt

Any shorter than that and it would be easy to conclude that he was an interim solution rather than the real deal. This has all sorts of implications e.g. the team being sufficiently motivated whilst knowing they are playing for a lame duck, attraction of new signings, etc. etc.

alfie

Maybe he has an 18 month contract with a get out clause if relegated.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

No I still think he is here for 18 months whatever
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.