watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Fulham Blog - Fulham's Greatest Opponent - Please Read

Started by barryhaylesgoalmachine, February 25, 2014, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryhaylesgoalmachine

Hi Guys , It's that time of the week again - My latest Fulham blog for Shoot Magazine.... This week on Fulham's greatest opponent ... Being the time we have left to achieve Survival and implement Magath's ways .

Please do have a read and let me know your thoughts...

http://www.shoot.co.uk/fulham-toughest-rival/

MayoDomo

IDK what you want but I'm just gonna quickly edit it.

I thought the title could be more captivating. Most of blog isn't even about Chelsea.

"What became apparent at the Hawthorns this weekend more so than ever before is the battle against time that Felix Magath and his men find themselves up against." -Really chunky, I think you could rephrase it.

"Having only had a few days with the squad prior to Saturday, Magath is clearly still feeling out his team selection and no one really knew what to expect in terms of a line-up." Cut "and no one really knew what to expect in terms of a line-up."

"and doesn't, feature" Cut the comma.

You never take strong stances, and while that's fine you're wishy-washy views particularly on Mitro don't have much substance.  I would cut the middle of the road stuff and just make bold statements.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

RaySmith

"You never take strong stances, and while that's fine you're wishy-washy views particularly on Mitro don't have much substance.  I would cut the middle of the road stuff and just make bold statements."

It seems reasonable to be neutral about Mitro on the time he was on the pitch. How can you sensibly make a strong judgement?

Interesting read barryhaylesgm-keep it up.

barryhaylesgoalmachine

Thanks for the feedback Ray, MayoDomo thank you for your input in terms of editing, Yes I am sure you will regularly find issues but I don't claim to be an editor I leave that to the guys at the magazine. In terms of the title I never intended to speak about Chelsea but rather the issue of time. The fact the entry was titled "Fulham's greatest opponent" a few days before Chelsea at home was supposed to leave people expecting an article on the Chelsea game as perhaps you clearly did.

You are correct that at times I do tread the line on certain issues but as Ray mentioned, how can you have any opinions on "Mitro" that are anything other than "wishy-washy" when he has only played a half of football. The fact is he came in to the game as we were on the back foot so it is hard to hold him accountable despite the fact he did not look match fit. I would much rather be "wishy-washy" than one of the many who are already proclaiming him "poo" or a waste of money......

A degree in History has taught me to always consider both sides to a story and don't come down on any argument with all your eggs in one basket....