more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WBA players revolting

Started by epsomraver, February 26, 2014, 10:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26350661

Should players have a say in the way the team plays?, the manager wants hi tempo pressing play, the senior players want defence with counter attacks the way they are use to and has brought them success in the past. Is there a danger to playing the same way each season so teams soon know how to play you?

aFFCn_Fan

My gut reaction is no, they are the soldiers, Mel is the general. it's Mel who decides the team and tactics.

My second thought was 'ah I don't care what chaos they're in, a revolt at a fellow relegation struggler suits us and we've just played them'.

Then I thought well if it wasn't for the Danny Murphy/Zamora conversation (stand to be corrected) with Sparky, we may have faced the barrell of relegation a couple of seasons ago.

I think senior players have a right to bring it up with the coach. But he also has a right to try and force the tactics of how he best believes the game should be played...it's leadership styles - autocratic or democratic.
@hincharoo

Slaphead in Qatar

If the indians are given more power than the chief this can only lead to anarchy. Shame west broms disarray did not result in 3 points for us last week.

We are not out of this yet. Points wise we are still in touch and other teams are on a downward spiral. We really need a win and momentum and then we are back in business.

callumc513

That Jonas Olsson is quite revolting, indeed.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Julius Geezer

It's Mel's own fault!

He has treated the players like his 'family' and given them input to the way they play.

Straight away that undermines his authority.

Cravenawin

Surely this can only be good news for us. Player unrest at one of the teams were battling against to avoid relegation. Let's ave it!!