News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it safe to say we are gone if we lose to Cardiff?

Started by Jimpav, February 26, 2014, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

RaySmith

My answer -No -unless it's mathematically impossible to survive.

Lighthouse

We drew with United away thanks to a late goal. We lost to Liverpool thanks to a stupid late penalty we gave away. We drew with West Brom tp a late goal when we surrendered the second half. Had we won at West Brom and dtawn with Liverpool we would all have a different idea how things are going. Points and wins are what we need.

Cardiff is important but we lose all the must win games. Let's just hope we are still in with a shout of survival for a few more weeks. Just give us a lucky break and who knows?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OdecaMynoT

This season went down the pan when we lost to Cardiff, Swansea, and Sunderland. They were the so called '6 pointers'.

Had we beaten them,well maybe we 'd have been stuck with 'We won the 2nd half' Jol.

This season has been as miserable and embarrassing(Burton and Sheff.Utd) since before Micky Adams breathed new life into the old dog.

My optimism glass has run dry.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Nightwind15

If we are lucky we will draw with them.  That is the plain and simple truth. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

mangoputney

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on February 27, 2014, 04:18:26 PM
This season went down the pan when we lost to Cardiff, Swansea, and Sunderland. They were the so called '6 pointers'.

Had we beaten them,well maybe we 'd have been stuck with 'We won the 2nd half' Jol.

This season has been as miserable and embarrassing(Burton and Sheff.Utd) since before Micky Adams breathed new life into the old dog.

Add only two points against a very bland west brom...

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: mangoputney on February 27, 2014, 07:22:52 PM
Quote from: OdecaMynoT on February 27, 2014, 04:18:26 PM

Add only two points against a very bland west brom...

True. I was referring to the home games.

Anything away from CC is a surprise and a bonus.

The way I see it; Forget the Man.City, Spuds Chelski, and Everton games.If we manage a single point from those fixtures I'll be amazed.

That leaves 6 wins at least from the remaining 7 games, minimum. Bearing in mind we haven't won 2 consecutive league games all season

then lounging in the championship and beyond is the reality.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Count Berbatov

When I did the predictor thing, I had you stay up and no points v Cardiff. The home games are a must. The results of the other teams too, but if the teams around lose the away and win just the home games, Fulham stays up
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MasterHaynes

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 26, 2014, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: Blanco on February 26, 2014, 01:41:02 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on February 26, 2014, 01:33:26 PM
Next 3 crucial. East Fulham playing in Turkey is a help. I hope they get run ragged. If so, a point would be ok. Cardiff in turmoil could/should be 3 and then newcastle at home. Could easily see 3 points. Looking at other games, that could actually put us out of the R zone.

Of course, 0 v East Fulham, 0 v Cardiff and 1 v NUFC is equally possible and yes, I think that would be it.

We need something to build on and start some momentum

Agree. I think anything less than 1 point at Cardiff and we're going down. I will definitely lose hope then. I think that 7 points from these 3 would be awesome! We never beat Chelsea though so 6 is properly the more realistic awesome xD

By the time we reach the final match of the season against Crystal Palace we may be 4 points adrift of safety and still people on this forum will be saying "3 points against the Palace is vital". Acually, 3 points against Chelsea is vital - other teams are out performing us in achieving positive results, including against the top teams such as Chelsea. We cannot expect to win all our games against teams around us to survive ....we need to make up any dropped points in these games, by picking up 'unexpected' points against the top teams. Lose against Chelsea we will be so far behind that it will be difficult to see round the corner. I am sure that Magath will be saying that, from here on it is the results the matter ...against ANY team that we play.
Good point, Palace, Hull,Norwich, WBA and Villa have all had surprising results against the top 4 , we need to start doing the same. The games against the bottom team in the run in will all be cup finals with highly motivated do or die teams playing against us, not sure any team can win 4-5 cup finals on the trot, its a big ask. we need a win against an over confident Chelski especially if they rest a few players.
Its also safe to say if Cardiff lose this weekend and to us they are down, first cup final coming up.

Scrumpy

If I recall correctly, we won 4 out of the last 5 under Roy in the Great Escape season. So, if you reckon that 38 points is enough to stay up this season, then we could be on 26 points with 5 games to go (so 26 points having played 33 games) and still stay up.

At the moment we've played 27 and have 21 points. So, if we repeated the efforts of 2008, we would only need 5 points from the next 6 games and we could still stay up.

So it's not impossible, it's not even difficult, it will be an absolute breeze!  049:gif Just you wait and see.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.