News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it safe to say we are gone if we lose to Cardiff?

Started by Jimpav, February 26, 2014, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I think the Chelski game won't make a difference but if we lose to Cardiff we will be well and truly rooted to the bottom.

BedsFFC

Next 3 crucial. East Fulham playing in Turkey is a help. I hope they get run ragged. If so, a point would be ok. Cardiff in turmoil could/should be 3 and then newcastle at home. Could easily see 3 points. Looking at other games, that could actually put us out of the R zone.

Of course, 0 v East Fulham, 0 v Cardiff and 1 v NUFC is equally possible and yes, I think that would be it.

We need something to build on and start some momentum

Slaphead in Qatar

Very difficult to predict. We can beat chelsea, hammers drew away to them and wst brom got a point from them, no reason why we cannot get a result against them.

Cardiff looks more winnable, but it is still an intimidating place to go.

Newcastle also looks winnable but they have alot of quality players.

There will be plenty of surprises on our jouney in the next fewmonths. Surprise points gained and dropped.

Blanco

Quote from: BedsFFC on February 26, 2014, 01:33:26 PM
Next 3 crucial. East Fulham playing in Turkey is a help. I hope they get run ragged. If so, a point would be ok. Cardiff in turmoil could/should be 3 and then newcastle at home. Could easily see 3 points. Looking at other games, that could actually put us out of the R zone.

Of course, 0 v East Fulham, 0 v Cardiff and 1 v NUFC is equally possible and yes, I think that would be it.

Agree. I think anything less than 1 point at Cardiff and we're going down. I will definitely lose hope then. We should be beating them though if we want to stay up. I think that 7 points from these 3 would be awesome! We never beat Chelsea though so 6 is properly the more realistic awesome xD

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Blanco on February 26, 2014, 01:41:02 PM

Agree. I think anything less than 1 point at Cardiff and we're going down. I will definitely lose hope then. I think that 7 points from these 3 would be awesome! We never beat Chelsea though so 6 is properly the more realistic awesome xD

By the time we reach the final match of the season against Crystal Palace we may be 4 points adrift of safety and still people on this forum will be saying "3 points against the Palace is vital". Acually, 3 points against Chelsea is vital - other teams are out performing us in achieving positive results, including against the top teams such as Chelsea. We cannot expect to win all our games against teams around us to survive ....we need to make up any dropped points in these games, by picking up 'unexpected' points against the top teams. Lose against Chelsea we will be so far behind that it will be difficult to see round the corner. I am sure that Magath will be saying that, from here on it is the results the matter ...against ANY team that we play.

Blanco

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on February 26, 2014, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: Blanco on February 26, 2014, 01:41:02 PM

Agree. I think anything less than 1 point at Cardiff and we're going down. I will definitely lose hope then. I think that 7 points from these 3 would be awesome! We never beat Chelsea though so 6 is properly the more realistic awesome xD

By the time we reach the final match of the season against Crystal Palace we may be 4 points adrift of safety and still people on this forum will be saying "3 points against the Palace is vital". Acually, 3 points against Chelsea is vital - other teams are out performing us in achieving positive results, including against the top teams such as Chelsea. We cannot expect to win all our games against teams around us to survive ....we need to make up any dropped points in these games, by picking up 'unexpected' points against the top teams. Lose against Chelsea we will be so far behind that it will be difficult to see round the corner. I am sure that Magath will be saying that, from here on it is the results the matter ...against ANY team that we play.

I agree. Every game is one we have to go into thinking we can win. But... then there is reality. You can be as hopeful and optimistic as you like but the reality is we probably won't win against the Chelsea's, City's & Spurs...

As you said, we have to try and win them. I'm just looking at what we can and should win.

FPT

Classic94

Without a doubt. We simply have to beat the teams around us.

We need six wins. Four from our remaining home matches and two more on the road - the most likely being Cardiff & Villa.

TonyGilroy

It's very simple.

We need to improve and have some luck.

Playing as we were pre ManU we had no chance. After Liverpool I was starting to recover some optimism. Remains to be seen whether Magath is a miracle worker or a dinosaur has been. If the former we need to see immediate benefits.

19 points likely needed from 11 games - doable - but as each winless game is played it quickly becomes hard to impossible.

HatterDon

optimism -- even guarded optimism -- about Saturday's match seems strange to me. Have you guys seen The Undead play recently? They don't seem likely to surrender points to a bottom-of-the-table side.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mangoputney

Quote from: HatterDon on February 26, 2014, 09:20:50 PM
optimism -- even guarded optimism -- about Saturday's match seems strange to me. Have you guys seen The Undead play recently? They don't seem likely to surrender points to a bottom-of-the-table side.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

FortCollinsFulham

If we draw against Cardiff I think that's about it for us. We need all three.

Let's hope to nab a point vs Scum beforehand.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Burt

Until it is mathematically impossible then we will always have a chance.

The danger will be that it will be that much more difficult the further adrift we get. Cardiff is a "must not lose" game.

Wingnut

Cardiff is a must win game, in my opinion. I can't see us taking anything from the game on Saturday. Chelsea are very stingy at the back and whilst they are not prolific up front, I can't see us keeping a clean sheet against them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ScalleysDad

A win and a performance at Cardiff is vital not only for the three points but we need something to build on and inspire the next home performance against Newcastle. Six points on the bounce would make all the difference. Lose at Cardiff A) I will be very miffed, B) its all over. I would not be surprised if the Club have this scenario in mind and doubtless somebody is planning to sell tickets off cheaply so that its not just a handful of travelling fans seeing out the season .......................................... oh..

Chesh

Quote from: Burt on February 26, 2014, 10:08:36 PM
Until it is mathematically impossible then we will always have a chance.

The danger will be that it will be that much more difficult the further adrift we get. Cardiff is a "must not lose" game.
Absolutely right imo, and how I feel - hope the players don't jack it in so easily with 9 games to fight for. Would be nice to get points in the bag early doors, and yes, probably crucial - but not all over if not.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

The Rock

We've been gone for quite sometime. I loved Rene and I think Magath is a great appointment, but we are second rate. Anything less than 4 points next 2 games won't do and we're not going to get them I'm afraid.

Please quote me later and tell me how wrong I've been.

Forever Fulham

No matter how hard they run in practice, deprived of water or electrolytic drinks, doing push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and God knows what else until they vomit, fitness alone won't make them winners against Chelsea or Man City.  Talent will out.  Time in position and organizational certainty matter in situational football.  They aren't going to beat Chelsea.  It has simply too much firepower.  And mind games?  Felix has nothing on Jose Mourinho.  That's a real manager who has been a consistent winner, including in EPL.  They are fighting to come out on top this season, over MC and Liverpool.  No one is way out ahead this season.  To expect to win against Chelsea at this point in time, with so much on the line for Chelsea, well, it's not going to happen.  We had to get 3 against West Brom.  I thought maybe under Rene, with his park the bus and then jump on the occasional counterattack game plan, we might have pulled it off against the Bigs.  But I don't see it now.  The only unbalancing I've seen has come from the appointment of Magath so late in the season.  My glass is usually half full, but I just don't see how we are going to get the points needed here on out.

Forever Fulham

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on February 26, 2014, 10:46:28 PM
A win and a performance at Cardiff is vital not only for the three points but we need something to build on and inspire the next home performance against Newcastle. Six points on the bounce would make all the difference. Lose at Cardiff A) I will be very miffed, B) its all over. I would not be surprised if the Club have this scenario in mind and doubtless somebody is planning to sell tickets off cheaply so that its not just a handful of travelling fans seeing out the season .......................................... oh..

It did cross my mind that's a reason the club are selling Villa tickets cheap and not the Cardiff ones.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.