watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - WOULD Mourinho join Man United ?

Started by Sammyffc, February 27, 2014, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1975408-jose-mourinho-would-take-manchester-united-job-this-summer-if-moyes-got-fired

Cast your minds back to when Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid played Manchester United in the Champions League last season. The game at Old Trafford saw Mourinho send the clearest, most concise message possible to the United board and the fans.

Mourinho was on a charm offensive. He showed the utmost respect to Sir Alex Ferguson and, as per the Mirror, he famously came out and said "the best team lost" after Nani's red card ultimately led to a Madrid victory.

Mourinho also made a point of defending Ferguson's decision to drop Wayne Rooney for the home leg.

"Sir Alex won the right over the years," he said, as per ESPNFC. "Every decision is correct and should never had a question mark in front. He is the best and he creates an incredible history. You (the press) are nobody, I am nobody to put a question mark."

Over the two legs, Mourinho could not have done more to ingratiate himself with United and press his case for being their next manager. But the job, on Ferguson's command, went to David Moyes.

Mourinho wanted it badly and was badly hurt by the decision. The author Diego Torres, in his book Prepare to Lose, claimed Mourinho was distraught by United's choice and felt "betrayed" by Ferguson—as per Eurosport-Yahoo!

You could see Mourinho's pain in the weeks that followed. But the big question now is whether he'd take the United job if it was offered to him this summer.

There's no way Moyes will be fired before the end of the season. Don't believe the gossip around that, because United still have a chance of getting inside the top four and finishing strongly. What's more, there's nobody on the market right now United would want.

But what if Moyes went in the summer and United sounded out Mourinho about taking over next summer?

I honestly believe, if I interviewed him one-to-one, with a lie detector on—and as the sweat poured off his face—he'd tell me he'd take the United job and leave Chelsea.

Yes, the Chelsea fans would hate him for it. But Mourinho is ultimately, and in the best way possible, selfish. He's a winner and I don't think he could turn down the lure of managing a truly great club. Chelsea are still not in that category—they're not up there with the likes of AC Milan, Barcelona, Liverpool, Real Madrid and United.

Don't forget John Terry almost joined Manchester City. Steven Gerrard came very close to leaving Liverpool for Chelsea. Wayne Rooney almost joined City. These players are all considered club legends, but that didn't stop them giving consideration.

Mourinho loves Chelsea. He's made himself an iconic figure in the club's history and he's worshipped at Stamford Bridge, but I still believe he'd leave this summer if the chance arose to take over from Moyes at Manchester United.

If it happened, I'd expect Mourinho to take control of transfer matters immediately. He'd take this United side and, at the very least, extract the maximum possible from the resources available. Who knows, in a couple of years he might be able to get his old friend Cristiano Ronaldo back at Old Trafford.

I'm not saying it will happen, but if United do decide they want Mourinho, my bet is the Special One would leap at the chance.

.... I honestly couldn't disagree with this , i was completely convinced mourinho wanted fergusons seat at old trafford and made it so clear to everyone . However , do you think he would turn his back on chelsea if the offer came ? .

VERY interested in peoples views on this !! :)

Fulham76

I don't think he'd take it, he's said before he came back that there's only one team in England for him. He'd go from being a legend at Chelsea to a complete ! Can't see it happening.

THIS POST WAS EDITED BECAUSE OF OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

LillieBoy

THIS POST WAS REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF RESPECT FOR OTHER POSTERS

Sammyffc

Quote from: LillieBoy on February 27, 2014, 08:43:57 PM

THIS POST WAS REMOVED DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

Blanco

I always thought he'd take over City before Pellegrini came in. He was always heavily linked with Chelsea but I though that the job was for him. After all, he took over Inter after Mancini. And improved them. I think that he'll be at Chelsea for a few years. After that I reckon he'll leave for an international job. He's always said he'd like to manage england or portugal.

westcliff white

Personally I reckon he would. I think he thought he would get it this time, and that's why he took so long to agree to chelsea
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 27, 2014, 08:52:25 PM

No need for the personal abuse. Not tolerated on here. Next time and you will be temporarily banned until you have washed your mouth out with soap and water, and read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People"...

Burt

Not a sure he would now... A few months ago, perhaps. But he has a better thing going on at the Bridge. He should stick it out.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Burt on February 27, 2014, 09:55:48 PM
NFR - who bloody cares round here?

alright big mouth i've put nfr you cock .

No need for the personal abuse. Not tolerated on here. Next time and you will be temporarily banned until you have washed your mouth out with soap and water, and read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People"...

I'm usually on my best behaviour  :005: :008: , i thought he was having a pop at me haha ! no offence lillieboy

LillieBoy

NFR - who bloody cares round here?

alright big mouth i've put nfr you cock .

Has anyone actually had their mouths washed out with soap?  By their mums I mean?  Or more possibly their grans?

Just interested.   086.gif

Burt

I did once... Think it was either my dad or gran. Can't remember now!

Not sure how I end up a mod  :dft011:

LillieBoy

Quote from: Sammyffc on February 27, 2014, 10:02:49 PM

I'm usually on my best behaviour  :005: :008: , i thought he was having a pop at me haha ! no offence lillieboy

None taken.  

We hear all this speculation all the time and it's all empty air propagated by the powers that run football to justify the obscene and unupportable feasting at the trough.

The bubble will burst.  Mark my words!  092.gif

LillieBoy

Quote from: Burt on February 27, 2014, 10:07:03 PM
I did once... Think it was either my dad or gran. Can't remember now!

Not sure how I end up a mod  :dft011:

Maybe they felt guilty and gave you a Lambretta for your 16th birthday.

I love going off-topic.  :wine:

Count Berbatov

I never wanted Mourinho at United. never will
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

tonynorton

I think he would of went in summer but not now unless he was given a huge budget??

RaySmith

I very much doubt Morinho would leave Chelsea to manage such a failing team, which needs substantial investment in the playing squad.

westcliff white

i think united will spend big this summer, one season not in the champs league they can cope with, 2 not sure thats good for player recruitment or share price. I see them spending a lot and would not be surprised if they change manager. if they do I think Jose will be top of their list, he and ancelotti.
Every day is a Fulham day

premFlem

Personally I think it was one of the main reasons he came back to England.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

cmg

For: Manchester United is a 'name'

Against: Virtually unlimited money at Chelsea. Plenty of dough at Old Trafford but still answerable to a corporation

Weaker squad.

Unfinished business at Chelsea - a Champions League win.

Manchester United is in Manchester.