watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Language Question

Started by VamosFFC, February 27, 2014, 11:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

I was wondering when a manager gets a position in a different country such as Mancini or Benitez, do they need to learn that countries language to coach the players. Would Mancini have to learn Turkish or Benitez Italian to coach their players? Just wondering.

General

I think it's a prerequisite that lessons are had - I would have thought the way the world works now, most will either have someone at the club who is on the coaching staff who can be confided in and has a good grasp of english (for most a neutral language) and that the players will have a relatively decent understanding of English (It is taught around the world)...

That could possibly reflect though as why football has taken a while to kick off in the far east though - the languages are a lot less similar and therefore the expertise is hard to transfer either in terms of players or coaches moving there.

I know in the premiership it is a requirement players are here to learn the languages..

but don't forget, most players never leave because of the language barrier.. I can imagine if you asked The Secret Football what players may feel when propositioned with the idea of moving abroad learning the language whilst also trying to adapt to a new league isn't for the faint hearted. People like the comfortability.

You could even trace some element of the demographics of each league based on the languages they speak - lots of brasilians go to Spain and Portugal because the languages are similiar etc - hence why we have scandinvians because english is widely spoken.

cmg

It's tough for the Brits abroad. As Ian Rush so memorably (allegedly) remarked of his life in Turin when he was at Juve, "It's like living in a foreign country."

ron

Quote from: VamosFFC on February 27, 2014, 11:31:52 PM
I was wondering when a manager gets a position in a different country such as Mancini or Benitez, do they need to learn that countries language to coach the players. Would Mancini have to learn Turkish or Benitez Italian to coach their players? Just wondering.

It means that a good job must be awaiting Martin Jol in Rubbishia, because he already speaks the language fluently..... 086.gif 

Neil D

Quote from: VamosFFC on February 27, 2014, 11:31:52 PM
Italian would be the least useful language for Benitez at Napoli with only a couple of Italians (Maggio and Insigne) playing on Thursday, for example.  The same goes for Inter.  In fact, Spanish is probably the lingua franca of European football.