watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The "cheats" are coming...

Started by Nick Bateman, February 28, 2014, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

It is no coincidence that Chelsea are top of the table, and have referees fawning over themselves to ingratiate themselves to Scudamore and Abramovich's every whim.

Since falsely accusing Mark Clattenburg of making a ridiculous racist remark, Chelsea have used their influence to control the worst group of officials the top division has ever seen.

In a private meeting around November 2012, Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck had Premier League chief Richard Scudamore summon all the top refs and head Mike Riley to a meeting to off-set any negative reaction to the ludicrous claim that Chelsea had made (which they failed to apologise for).

Their worry was unfounded but Scudamore assured Chelsea there would be no adverse repercussions.  However it seems the career refs have gone overboard to alleviate Buck and co.

Since then Chelsea have enjoyed getting away with "Blue Murder", assaulting a ball boy, receiving the most penalties including a last minute disgraceful dive by Ramires given by Andre Marriner, and being let off punishment with the Torres scratch of Vertongen which FA chair Greg Dyke found baffling.

Eden Hazard, has the highest stat by far in the league of "fouls suffered" at 74.  Compare his record for gaining free-kicks to that of other known highest 'offenders' Luis Suarez (44), Raheem Sterling (45), Jack Wilshere (40), Adnan Januzaj (48), the latter who has been booked six times for 'diving'.

Roberto Martinez accused Chelsea of using "Every trick in the book" in their victory over Everton recently.

The official in charge tomorrow has a tough task indeed to give Fulham a fair chance of upsetting the odds and one can understand the pressure on the man in black.
It is none other than MARK CLATTENBURG.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Blanco

Although some of the decisions that have gone chelsea's way are baffling i.e Ramires dive... In general Chelsea have performed very well his season. That win at the Etihad was a perfect example. Even when they play badly they seem to manage to grind out results. I hate Chelsea but I can't deny how good they have been. I think Mourinho gets away with far to much but your over exaggerating with some of your examples. That ball boy was not "assaulted". Ridiculous claim.

Also, I think we have the best refs in all top flight leagues. I can't stand some of the decisions made in La Liga or Serie A.

All this said. COYW! Let's get 3 points!

[Mod note - offensive language removed]

Nick Bateman

Why did Martinez remark that Chelse used "every trick in the book"?  It's because they do and it is equally irritating to see them rewarded for such unsportsman-like behaviour which frankly is ruining the Premier league.

The Old Count

These comments are not far off the mark.  'Small' clubs never get the rub against the 'big' clubs.  With Chelsea this year the unfairness seems to have risen exponentially. Let's hope Clattenburg plays it fair.

Julius Geezer

Clattenburg's been good to us in general.

He was exceptional in the Spurs game earlier on this season.

callumc513

To be fair to Clattenburg, he's been the best ref in the league since he came back from that John Obi Mikel incident.

Before that he was shockingly poor, mind.

epsomraver

Martinez is to my mind a very fair manager and for him to make that comment there has to be some substance

Nick Bateman

Quote from: callumc513 on February 28, 2014, 05:56:32 PM
To be fair to Clattenburg, he's been the best ref in the league since he came back from that John Obi Mikel incident.

Before that he was shockingly poor, mind.

True!  Clattenburg has really impressed me.

Anyone who can be bothered, count the number of 'dives' Hazard does, and Chelsea to me are a "free-kick team".  Seems to be their 'master plan' from Bore-inho!

Travers Barney

Mark was there every minute of the way at Fratton Park...let us hope he is also part of our felix inspired renaissance tomorrow...........coyw
We are the whites

Pluto

The biggest cheaters I've seen this season have been Sunderland. The number of times they dived at the Cottage was a total disgrace. Have lost so much faith in the officials this season.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Pluto on February 28, 2014, 09:52:47 PM
The biggest cheaters I've seen this season have been Sunderland. The number of times they dived at the Cottage was a total disgrace. Have lost so much faith in the officials this season.

Was just going to say the same. I have watched them a couple of times since then, and their tactics are disgraceful. Dives anywhere near the opponents box to get free kicks and corners. I only hope Refs have cottoned onto the fact.

As for CFC, I just wished we could bl00dy beat them a bit more often. Travelling in hope, more than confidence, tomorrow.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.