watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U21 draw at Stoke 0-0

Started by MasterHaynes, February 28, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Apart from one quick break, cross and shot from Delle Verde sounded like we were under the cosh for most of the game. Interesting to see who played with Cole & Tunnicliffe loaned out.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 28, 2014, 03:56:49 PM
Apart from one quick break, cross and shot from Delle Verde sounded like we were under the cosh for most of the game. Interesting to see who played with Cole & Tunnicliffe loaned out.

LINE UP:
Rodak
Brister Burgess Buatu Briggs
Mesca Pritchard LVC Plumain
Della Verde
Dembele

MasterHaynes

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 28, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

LINE UP:
Rodak
Della Verde
Dembele
No Richards or Woodrow, are they injured as well as Kavanagh? Disappointed that both Burgess and Dembele will be missing as well as Donnelly is still injured(assuming that as he only watched last weekend)from the U18's trip to Norwich.
I know it good to give them experience for development, but playing and winning things also helps develop players as well, it would be a real disappointment to the U18 squad if they fail to qualify for the play offs.

Julius Geezer

Anyone know how Briggs got on?

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 28, 2014, 04:40:14 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on February 28, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

LINE UP:
Rodak
Della Verde
Dembele
No Richards or Woodrow, are they injured as well as Kavanagh? Disappointed that both Burgess and Dembele will be missing as well as Donnelly is still injured(assuming that as he only watched last weekend)from the U18's trip to Norwich.
I know it good to give them experience for development, but playing and winning things also helps develop players as well, it would be a real disappointment to the U18 squad if they fail to qualify for the play offs.

See in the local paper that Richards signed on loan for Wimbledon yesterday Quote from Don;s manager Neil Ardley -  ' I went and watched the player last week in a game against Leicester[3-1 loss] and he stood out in that match. Tom is not tall, but he is quick, has great stamina and a really good left foot. He's played left-back and left midfield both equally as well'.
Nice to have some validation (many on here will know I have been promoting his cause along with Donnelly, Williams & O'Halloran at every opportunity, including anyone unfortunate to get cornered by me at thursday's Sussex get together.

I think Briggs opportunity has been and gone, the fight for left back position will be between Tom Richards and Sean Kavenagh,once he returns from injury.
I'd recommend watching the U18's to anyone, quality football even when we lose, like last weekend, you watch a good competitive football match,110% effort from the team and plenty of consolation in individual players performances and confidence in the future.