watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan's message to Fulham fans.

Started by FPT, February 28, 2014, 11:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-02-28/shad-khan-writes-message-fulham-fans

Jaguars owner Shad Khan spent part of last weekend at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, but continued to keep close tabs on his Fulham Football Club, which is in danger of English Premier League relegation.

Fulham is on its third manager since Khan bought the team last July. It hosts Chelsea on Saturday.

According to the Associated Press in London, Khan wrote a message to the Fulham fans that will appear in Saturday's match program.

"It wasn't lost on me that introducing a third manager in a season would appear, let's say, unconventional or unpopular – or both," Khan wrote. "I expected the scrutiny and know there will be more ahead. I accept this and welcome the responsibility, because the alternative was risking a non-stop slide in the table in the hope that better results would occur in time to save our season."

Khan made a similar comment earlier this month when he fired manager Rene Meulensteen after only 75 days on the job and replaced him with Felix Magath.

At the time of the change, Khan said "hoping" for a turnaround was no longer an option.

Khan also wrote in the match program: "The news clearly took everyone by surprise – something that rarely happens in the world of football. In the meantime, it appears that much of the shock has given way to understanding and optimism. At least I certainly hope so ... there's no manager better suited to achieve our goal."

Fulham enters the weekend last in the 20-team EPL with six wins, 18 losses and three draws. It is four points from leaving the relegation zone.

General

In fairness - Jol isn't exactly a third change in manager - he was the one initially here and the one who was fired to replace Khans first choice.

He seems a bit more together than this shambles suggests - I suppose though he will be lauded or blamed solely dependent on how Magath does.

I don't think we have the playing staff capable of staying up - I don't think Parker or Hangeland are up to scratch anymore. x x