watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mourinho wants us to stay up

Started by Blanco, March 01, 2014, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Mourinho said: "I would take defeat [if it helps Fulham stay up], then 10 victories [for Chelsea] and the [league] title.
"I'd like the London teams to stay up. I have that emotional connection with Fulham, our neighbours and our rivals."
"Rivals need each other. It is good for everybody, so hopefully they can keep their place in the division, but we have to try [and beat them]."

Disliked him more and more lately but at least he has shown some respect towards us. Anyone know if his son is still with Fulham?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26216284

Admin

He has always had good words to say about us, even when Chris Coleman was in charge. Liked the way he dressed or something..

Lighthouse

Mourinho has always gone out of his way to say the right things about us. He knows Chelscum are and always have been the big club to our little one. That is why I have trouble disliking Chelscum anymore than any other club bar QPR.

But wins against them are rare. Nice if tomorrow we can see a rare one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

..FOF..

Beware!

It is a psychological tactic to disarm the players' mental strength.

"awww, look at Mourinho. Sooo cute".... then BAM! four goals at the back of the net.

Don't fall for it... hahaha

leonffc

True, he has always said nice thing about Fulham but this probably has more to do with his son playing in the academy!!

MrProphet

Though his antics sometimes are questionable I can't help but really like the guy

There was an interview I read during his time at Real and he was asked a question about his favourite stadium. His reply was Craven Cottage - it's not the biggest but I love the history and it's makes me remember why I fell in love with football

One Martin Thomas

It's nice to see from Mourinho.   People from other clubs talking about Fulham this way is a part of what we are all about... a likeable, family club.

I hope our fans show a bit of respect and don't chant about Mourinho's wife today (or ever again).  That one's not necessary at all.

3 points please.  COYW.

grandad

Mind games.He wouldn´t be saying those things if we had beaten his side every time we played them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2014, 08:40:18 AM
Mind games.He wouldn´t be saying those things if we had beaten his side every time we played them.

Does he need to play mind games with any club outside the top 6 ?  Or is it just an excuse if they do lose today.

grandad

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 01, 2014, 08:43:33 AM

Does he need to play mind games with any club outside the top 6 ?  Or is it just an excuse if they do lose today.

If we were to beat them there would be a big back lash from other clubs. They will call it match fixing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2014, 10:05:45 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 01, 2014, 08:43:33 AM

If we were to beat them there would be a big back lash from other clubs. They will call it match fixing.

I agree Grandad. That is why I am so surprised to hear him say that he wouldn't mind being beaten. Mind games perhaps, the truth perhaps, but a big error of judgment in either case. 

Andy S

Totally agree. Not expecting too much from today but I would love to give them a bit of grief