more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Win 6 of final 10...

Started by Northern Cottager, March 01, 2014, 05:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Or we are down.

I was cautiously optimistic but this week it may well have been Chelsea but if after 13 years in the Prem we are still nowhere near close to competing we need to accept something isn't right.

As Rene came in we instantly saw a positive change then we grew frustrated after Hull and other results before he got his signings, changed the shape and we got a draw at Pld Traffoed and were robbed by the Scousers (how ironic)

We're now in exactly the same situation as we were when Jol was here minus Berbatov who at least would score and left with a team with no fight , determination or creativity amongst another 100 issues.

We've returned to believing our old heads would finally pull on the right direction and once again are proven correct that dropping Parker etc was the right decision.

Despite a somewhat kind run in on the most part we are not going to win 6 or even 3 o our remaining fixtures.

Next week will confirm our date in my eyes and not only that but we have away games at Stoke,Spurs and Villa. We're not capable of causing an upset anymore so the inevitable results are going to happen as well as even more disappointment and points thrown away with our negative defensive football.

I'm looking forward to a few years in the Championship. I won't sound like a bitter haha fan and say I won't miss the premier league because I will, but we have gone so far backwards I no longer enjoy the club I've grown up and loved. There are a few players, managers and more senior figures accountable for that but hopefully next year we'll lose the ones with no fight and build again.

Berserker

I personally want to go to games with the expectation of winning again. As somebody said,  this season has been poo and is now like a slow death.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham76

It's not going to happen unfortunately. We're bottom of the league because we're awful. We're not capable of suddenly producing champions league form.
Although a win against Cardiff would be a good start...

Barrie

We're down.  I'm now completely resigned to it, and  so I'm now beginning to find some peace with the idea.  But, then, if we go and win at Cardiff....!

Berserker

I want peace of mind as well.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Buffalo76

Absolutely no chance. Our days at football's top table are about to come to an end  090.gif

zander

Quote from: Buffalo76 on March 01, 2014, 06:34:19 PM
Absolutely no chance. Our days at football's top table are about to come to an end  090.gif

It's just such a shame and of course infuriating that it is all self inflicted.

Twig

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 01, 2014, 05:29:04 PM
Or we are down.

I was cautiously optimistic but this week it may well have been Chelsea but if after 13 years in the Prem we are still nowhere near close to competing we need to accept something isn't right.

As Rene came in we instantly saw a positive change then we grew frustrated after Hull and other results before he got his signings, changed the shape and we got a draw at Pld Traffoed and were robbed by the Scousers (how ironic)

We're now in exactly the same situation as we were when Jol was here minus Berbatov who at least would score and left with a team with no fight , determination or creativity amongst another 100 issues.

We've returned to believing our old heads would finally pull on the right direction and once again are proven correct that dropping Parker etc was the right decision.

Despite a somewhat kind run in on the most part we are not going to win 6 or even 3 o our remaining fixtures.

Next week will confirm our date in my eyes and not only that but we have away games at Stoke,Spurs and Villa. We're not capable of causing an upset anymore so the inevitable results are going to happen as well as even more disappointment and points thrown away with our negative defensive football.

I'm looking forward to a few years in the Championship. I won't sound like a bitter haha fan and say I won't miss the premier league because I will, but we have gone so far backwards I no longer enjoy the club I've grown up and loved. There are a few players, managers and more senior figures accountable for that but hopefully next year we'll lose the ones with no fight and build again.

I agree with much of your sentiments but you are making an assumption "I'm looking forward to a few years in the Championship", who says we won't be further rlegated?  This club is a shambles, old worthless players, a threadbare squad, an owner with no experience or knwledge of the game, a succession of poor decisons (managers, transfers, loans etc), no heart and no leadership.

jarv

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but Mr. NC. Championship gives you about 10 Fulham away days within reasonable distance and always possible to get a ticket. Only thing is, Fulham need to improve their away form.

Berserker

I'm just wondering what will happened to my seat in P2, will it still be a mixed area, can' t see us getting many tourists in if we are not playing big teams.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

I want us to be competitive. I also want us to have some sort of idea how to finish a game.

Under Hughes we lost points in the 80th minute or later exactly TWICE. I'd like to see that Fulham again, the Fulham that existed before the Orange Revolution ruined everything.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JIMMY D

If we go down we won't be coming back for many many years. We will struggle playing so many games in the championship. Wouldn't be surprised if we do a Wolves.....

EJL

I still don't think we'll need 39 points. There's no consistency down the bottom of the table (as you can imagine), and a few of the clubs down there with us have horrible run-ins. At least we have a few winnable games in May.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jarv on March 01, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but Mr. NC. Championship gives you about 10 Fulham away days within reasonable distance and always possible to get a ticket. Only thing is, Fulham need to improve their away form.

No you're spot on. I'll get loads of away days up here but the thought of going to the DW and other grounds around here for mod table clashes in the championship is sickening in comparison.

I think a have a different situation going down to most recent clubs in that our owner has shown he is willing to spend to survive when he realized his investment  was in jeopardy of shrinking so maybe he'll push us for straight promotion back.

Wingnut

I'm loo
Quote from: Berserker on March 01, 2014, 06:21:21 PM
I personally want to go to games with the expectation of winning again. As somebody said,  this season has been poo and is now like a slow death.

Sick to the eye teeth of losing games too. Every game is like a car crash. We put in a decent effort in the first half and fall to pieces in the second. We will be a strong side in the Championship, even after the mass clear out and Khan will want an immediate return to the PL.

I am going to Cardiff and I am looking for to it. If we win, fantastic. However, if we lose or draw, I will accept our relegation. At this moment in time, I am living in hope of a great escape. It's win or bust next week, as far as I am concerned.

Also, given Khan's reaction investment wise in January when he realised we were in trouble, I think we will have a very strong, newly built squad next season, which should be too strong for the rest of the division. Promotion will not be easy by any means but we will be feared by the majority of teams.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Wingnut on March 01, 2014, 08:35:41 PM
I'm loo
Quote from: Berserker on March 01, 2014, 06:21:21 PM
I personally want to go to games with the expectation of winning again. As somebody said,  this season has been poo and is now like a slow death.

Sick to the eye teeth of losing games too. Every game is like a car crash. We put in a decent effort in the first half and fall to pieces in the second. We will be a strong side in the Championship, even after the mass clear out and Khan will want an immediate return to the PL to protect his investment.

I am going to Cardiff and I am looking for to it. If we win, fantastic. However, if we lose or draw, I will accept our relegation. At this moment in time, I am living in hope of a great escape. It's win or bust next week, as far as I am concerned.

Also, given Khan's reaction investment wise in January when he realised we were in trouble, I think we will have a very strong, newly built squad next season, which should be too strong for the rest of the division. Promotion will not be easy by any means but we will be feared by the majority of teams.

I feel we are down. Had we won last week, and win next week... We'd at least be out or close to by the next run of games.

Fletchino

I'm finding it hard to believe with every passing week the gap is getting bigger did I expect anything today no. but I expected more at WBA and am still pissed off we gave away the 3 points by deciding to defend for the whole of the second half instead of killing the game with the second. If we don't leave Cardiff with 3 ponts  its over and we need a few goals too as we are not able to keep a clean sheet. Hopefully we can sell out the last block and have a good following up there.

Bronaldinho

Should have kept Rene.

His system against United/Liverpool would have got points today and 3 against WBA.

Confident of that.

Rene had a happy camp really, oozed positivity and energy. Two elements we lacked today.

Felix... 0 touchline presence when we needed him to get his instructions on board.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Bronaldinho on March 01, 2014, 09:28:00 PM
Should have kept Rene.

His system against United/Liverpool would have got points today and 3 against WBA.

Confident of that.

Rene had a happy camp really, oozed positivity and energy. Two elements we lacked today.

Felix... 0 touchline presence when we needed him to get his instructions on board.

I've noticed that. Even when we sit so deep and players don't do as instructed he sits back and watches, it's odd.

I'm gutted Rene has gone just as it started to look like his side was coming together.

MAHLUF

When we go down,which looks almost certain I think  I will put 5 quid on us to go up and 5 quid to go down from the championship. either could quite esily happen the way the club is now