watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i think that game brought Burn down to earth

Started by St Eve, March 01, 2014, 05:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

There was no proper holding midfielder out there today. Sidwell and Parker were always looking to rush around and take it to opposition players in possession. What we needed was Kvist sitting back, acting a tad more conservatively by holding a defensive position, to help keep stamp out any Chelsea player operating in the hole. I still don't know what Kvist has done to deserve being benched. He's exactly the sort of dedicated, organised and intelligent player the team needs right now.

Highlander

Quote from: EJL on March 01, 2014, 08:09:31 PM
There was no proper holding midfielder out there today. Sidwell and Parker were always looking to rush around and take it to opposition players in possession. What we needed was Kvist sitting back, acting a tad more conservatively by holding a defensive position, to help keep stamp out any Chelsea player operating in the hole. I still don't know what Kvist has done to deserve being benched. He's exactly the sort of dedicated, organised and intelligent player the team needs right now.

Agreed. Parker and Sidwell don't work. Full stop.

Macedo

Quote from: MikeW on March 01, 2014, 07:32:41 PM
Agree Hatter Don

Then again, I think he's better potential than Smalling who flatters to deceive all over the place ...

Best bit of business Fulham ever did getting all that
Money for Smalling.

Rudolph

Maybe losing Senderos to Valencia was our biggest mistake this season.

Baszab

surprised that Bent is not in the England squad

Macedo

Quote from: Rudolph on March 01, 2014, 08:40:15 PM
Maybe losing Senderos to Valencia was our biggest mistake this season.

Couldnt agree more...

b+w geezer

Quote from: EJL on March 01, 2014, 08:09:31 PM
I also find this absolutely to the point. We have needed such a player all season. We acquired one. I started to tell myself things might start to work out. The player was abandoned, the thought has lapsed.

Whitesideup

Let's not get too heavy on Burn. Inexperienced defender playing top of the league, came second once or twice in key positions, but was also exposed by lack of defensive cover...particularly the first goal I thought.

I would however like to get heavy on those who have said Hangeland was past it, and that dropping Burn for him was a crime against football. Go on.. hands up. Admit your guilt. You just showed your ignorance of football, and dumping on one of the best defenders Fulham have had. Maybe wasn't quite at his best when playing through a serious back problem, but I still thought he did fine. With Senderos next to you life was always difficult.

Pluto

Today showed that he's not ready for this level. He was at fault for all three goals and you could tell that once the first had gone in his confidence was shot. Getting rid of Hughes and Senderos was a mistke- we should've kept both, ditched Amorebieta (who, when not injured, has been beyond awful) and let Burn continue to build his confidence in the championship on loan.

I think we'd probably be seeing a Hangeland and Hughes at the back under Magath had Rene not got rid of the latter.

St Eve

I think Burn has a lot of potential. My only point was he also has a lot to learn and had a mare today. I was suprised that he was beaten in the air by Torres on one occasion and also by his lack of pace. I am sure he will learn from today

terryr

Burn looked tired and awkward. Some silly panicky decisions but one game does not a career break

DUKE

Burn really made a mess today. watching match of the day. The second goal defending was just awful.