https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

i think that game brought Burn down to earth

Started by St Eve, March 01, 2014, 05:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Macedo

hopper

Hangeland going off was the turning point. Burn never failed to lose the ball, which costs you very dearly against top opposition

Fulham76

Quote from: St Eve on March 01, 2014, 05:37:05 PM
Arguably at fault for all 3 goals

I don't suppose his confidence has been helped by the way he's been treated. He was playing very well & then just dumped for no reason.

grandad

Burn was left horribly exposed for all 3 goals. Our defensive MF were nowhere to be seen.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Peabody

bill taylors apprentice

he has room for improvement in reading the game and distribution but hey! he is still a novice.

alfie

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 01, 2014, 05:52:10 PM
Quote from: St Eve on March 01, 2014, 05:37:05 PM
Arguably at fault for all 3 goals

I don't suppose his confidence has been helped by the way he's been treated. He was playing very well & then just dumped for no reason.

I don't suppose his confidence has been affected he is a young player and knows the how it works, i do not think he has been treated badly, the manager picks who he thinks is the best person for the job.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SouthfieldWhite

I'm sorry but never been impressed with Burn, his distribution is shockingly bad, yes I know he's young and will get better, but we can't afford to be carrying no one at the moment and at the moment Burn is not a Premiership player.

He's getting found out and putting us under increasing pressure by giving the ball away all the time.
He's not the only one giving away possession but is the worse culprit.

Hope Gangeland is ok as we need him back

HatterDon

He's a good young player, but he was roasted today. Schuller took him to school.

The reason it seems such a shock to so many on here is that there were those who were wondering whether he'd go to Brazil this summer.

I repeat ... he's a good young player. But two or three good matches doesn't make you an England international.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:27:25 PM
He's a good young player, but he was roasted today. Schuller took him to school.

The reason it seems such a shock to so many on here is that there were those who were wondering whether he'd go to Brazil this summer.

I repeat ... he's a good young player. But two or three good matches doesn't make you an England international.

He's no where near an England player, I think everyone wants him to succeed as he's young and although not come through the academy, we did get him young and bring him on

But he's distribution is so poor, he needs to be loaned out to make his mistakes as with him in our team, his mistakes will help send us down

MikeW

Agree Hatter Don

Then again, I think he's better potential than Smalling who flatters to deceive all over the place ...
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

nose

i wouldn't blame burn. the defence was repeatedly exposed, so sooner or later they were bound to get through. you have to defend as a team not a bunch of individuals... even the steward in our block said it looked like our defence were four individuals that hadn't been properly introduced.  i can't and will not blame burn, the defeat was far more than that.

YankeeJim

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2014, 06:11:25 PM
Burn was left horribly exposed for all 3 goals. Our defensive MF were nowhere to be seen.

:plus one:
Where the devil was Parker on all three goals? Center backs are seldom successful in such a situation. I don't think that Hangers would have done any better.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PokerMatt

I'm not sure anyone thought he was going to Brazil this summer.

He had a very poor game today but he doesn't deserve any blame - again the second half had no effort or energy and that's where the game was lost.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

somerset cockernee

in all fairness, you don't have to be particularly good to get in the England squad

HatterDon

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 01, 2014, 07:37:36 PM

He had a very poor game today but he doesn't deserve any blame - again the second half had no effort or energy and that's where the game was lost.

I saw several comments along the lines of "England's CBs are getting old. Burn can change that" and "I'm surprised Burn didn't get called up" and "Could Burn be in the WC squad" right here in this little ol' forum in the last two weeks.

I know, I know. But there's none so queer as folk.

PokerMatt

Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

I saw several comments along the lines of "England's CBs are getting old. Burn can change that" and "I'm surprised Burn didn't get called up" and "Could Burn be in the WC squad" right here in this little ol' forum in the last two weeks.

I started the England thread the other day and did make a comment about how poor the CBs were - but it was tongue in cheek, on my part anyway, that Burn might have had a chance. Maybe other people were serious, but I certainly agree he has a long way to go yet.

He is a future England international, though, I reckon. Just not for a few years yet and only if he keeps improving.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

HatterDon

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 01, 2014, 07:54:31 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

I started the England thread the other day and did make a comment about how poor the CBs were - but it was tongue in cheek, on my part anyway, that Burn might have had a chance. Maybe other people were serious, but I certainly agree he has a long way to go yet.

He is a future England international, though, I reckon. Just not for a few years yet and only if he keeps improving.

I hope you're right about that. I rate the kid highly. The second half was just a nightmare -- especially for him.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 01, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2014, 06:11:25 PM

:plus one:
Where the devil was Parker on all three goals? Center backs are seldom successful in such a situation. I don't think that Hangers would have done any better.

Why pick out Parker? Why not say where was Parker and Sidwell?

Burn was poor end of, Stek should of did better for the first but there's no excusing Burn was poor and I do believe that we'd of been stronger with Hangland

He's young and still learning, sadly we can't afford any mistakes from anyone and not sure if you watch the same game as me but burn gives the ball away 80% of the time