watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That sad moment when...

Started by Sgt Fulham, March 01, 2014, 05:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

You realise that a player on loan cares more about our survival than most of our own players. Our players are so damn lethargic and then wonder why we concede and cant attack. Fair play to Holtby, great attitide but wish more players were like him.

St Eve

Even sadder that we have to play 3 on loan players

Lighthouse

Demps and Bent have proved they are simply not good enough week in week out. Otheres may be bad but do try. These two never look like making the grade.

Would have prefered seeing Rodders and Holtby from the kick off.

Don't know wjy Kvist isn't playing. Don't know why Rene isn't still manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 01, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
Demps and Bent have proved they are simply not good enough week in week out. Otheres may be bad but do try. These two never look like making the grade.

Your last line sums up my feelings. Bizarre team selections

Macedo

Is Bent the most overpaid laziest player on the planet.
What has happened to this guy..?

Wingnut

Quote from: Macedo on March 01, 2014, 05:48:59 PM

The good news is that we didn't buy him in the summer.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 01, 2014, 05:37:52 PM
You realise that a player on loan cares more about our survival than most of our own players. Our players are so damn lethargic and then wonder why we concede and cant attack. Fair play to Holtby, great attitide but wish more players were like him.

Pity he's only here till May.

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 01, 2014, 05:46:03 PM

if we all know that, and all of us seem to, why doesn't the manager know that?
hugo is at least a physical prescence and tries very hard, holtby looks a thoroughbred so how was he left out?

I also think parker has been extremely poor and other than a couple of games when he was allowed to be captain, looks hardly bothered, he is positionally poor, doesn't properly support the player with the ball and his passing is not what it once might have been. when karagounis came on (far too late for me) he actually made a difference and looked the part....

i am really thinking we are doomed....

EJL

Holtby sprinted to the dugout when one of our coaches signaled for him to get ready. I've never seen that. Genuinely. Speaks volumes.

leonffc

I said this last week when Holtby was the only player making an effort signing autographs and having his photo taken outside the Hawthorns after the game.

Pluto

Holtby is top class both in terms of technical ability and passion. He's three grades ahead of any of the rest of the squad and leaving him out today was just straight up moronic whichever way you look at it.

7787fulham

I like holtby he always seems to try. In this situation fighting survival I have always had a problem in playing on loan players because the way I see it someone like darren bent stay up or go down he can go back to his parent club and still be In the premier league.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I do not think he is necessarily lazy...........
I think he  may just be as dumb as a shoe.  He does not have the power to anticipate  so his reaction to another players actions,  happen  7/10 seconds too late.   

Andy S

For me the Jury is out on Felix. May be we won't see the fruits of his labours this season. It was always a risk replacing Rene this late in the season. It is clear what we are lacking in the team and it is not fitness although it could have been today. There is no way that players can compete in the Premier League and not be fit this time of the season. You can over train them though and make them tired

ron

Quote from: Andy S on March 02, 2014, 12:31:38 AM
For me the Jury is out on Felix. May be we won't see the fruits of his labours this season. It was always a risk replacing Rene this late in the season. It is clear what we are lacking in the team and it is not fitness although it could have been today. There is no way that players can compete in the Premier League and not be fit this time of the season. You can over train them though and make them tired

...but that is the problem...they aren't competing. they are holding their own and holding opposition in the first half, then running out of puff and getting overrun in the second. It seems to me that these are classic signs of lack of competitive fitness and lack of drilling to make best use of the ball. Here is the difference between Hodgson's style and the assortment of ideas/opinions that we have had since.

callumc513

Bent is the first 'Fullham player' that I've ever hated.