watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent & Clint Dempsey

Started by Baider, March 01, 2014, 06:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baider

Somebody please tell me what these two players add to the team?

Bent was again awful today, terrible excuse for a PL striker. I know he's on loan and doesn't give a &^! about us and our relegation scrap but please at least make some effort. I've never seen worse positioning from a striker, not once was he in the right position for a flick on from midfield. Regarding Dempsey, I failed to see what he did for the team today, other than winning one corner in the first half he was a waste of a position.

We have Holtby and Rodallega on the bench so WHY aren't we starting them. It's like we've reverted back to the Jol days.

Fulham76

Quote from: Baider on March 01, 2014, 06:26:58 PM

Bent was again awful today, terrible excuse for a PL striker. I know he's on loan and doesn't give a &^! about us and our relegation scrap but please at least make some effort. I've never seen worse positioning from a striker, not once was he in the right position for a flick on from midfield. Regarding Dempsey, I failed to see what he did for the team today, other than winning one corner in the first half he was a waste of a position.

We have Holtby and Rodallega on the bench so WHY aren't we starting them. It's like we've reverted back to the Jol days.

It's easier to tell you what they take away from the team! Two 1st team places for a start. It's literally pointless them being out there.

alfie

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 01, 2014, 06:29:31 PM
Quote from: Baider on March 01, 2014, 06:26:58 PM

It's easier to tell you what they take away from the team! Two 1st team places for a start. It's literally pointless them being out there.

maybe if someone played to Bent's strengths he may do better, he is not good with balls coming out of the sky.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

Dempsey coming back, that went well.

HatterDon

Well, staving off relegation should be a snap now. Dempsey's gone. He was, apparently, the only thing holding the club back.

Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

What do they add?

The square root of .

Glad I could answer your question.

THIS POSTED WAS EDITED DUE TO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

YankeeJim

Dempsey brought little today. Bent brought nothing. Neither was at fault for the utter lack of service and a gaping defensive hole in front of the CBs.  Parker & Sidwell do not work. They didn't work for Jol or Rene and will not work for Felix. I think that Rene was close to getting the team sorted by benching Parker & Hangeland & going with the new boys. Felix comes in and falls for that non-sense that you need experience for a relegation fight. Bull pucky! You need legs and most important heart.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

EJL

Dempsey couldn't wait to get down the tunnel.

AlexH

Bent - won a lot of headers but he stands far too far back and he doesn't seem confident. It's a massive shame as he was a top PL striker.

Dempsey - it's really sad because Clint was superb first time round. He just doesn't look like the player he was and it's somewhat souring our memories of him. At the same time I respect him for wanting to come back and help out but it's just not worked out.

Jem

Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:33:27 PM
Well, staving off relegation should be a snap now. Dempsey's gone. He was, apparently, the only thing holding the club back.

Well he didn't exactly push the club forwards did he?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

YankeeJim

Quote from: Jem on March 01, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

Pray tell. Who has?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RidgeRider

they also didn't put themselves in the starting XI.

Jem

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 01, 2014, 09:20:54 PM

Pray tell. Who has?
No one said Demsey was the only thing holding the club back. He was, however, a shadow of his former self. As for the others, we are where we are for a reason.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Whitesideup

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 01, 2014, 07:42:31 PM
Dempsey brought little today. Bent brought nothing. Neither was at fault for the utter lack of service and a gaping defensive hole in front of the CBs.  Parker & Sidwell do not work. They didn't work for Jol or Rene and will not work for Felix. I think that Rene was close to getting the team sorted by benching Parker & Hangeland & going with the new boys. Felix comes in and falls for that non-sense that you need experience for a relegation fight. Bull pucky! You need legs and most important heart.
Benching Hangeland a good idea? Do you still agree now? Do you go to the games? Fantastic post to show just how little some know about the game. 

Pluto

Was amazed before kickoff when these two started over H Rod and Holtby and was proven right.

I think Clint desperately wanted to play in his final game for us and score the winner against the scum to redeem himself. He tried hard but ultimately he's a shadow of the player he was. Respect to him for coming back and trying to make amends but it hasn't worked out and it's probably a good thing that he's going back. He did ok today and I wish him well.

Bent was completely anonymous today. Don't understand how he played 90 minutes.

JackyFulham90

Dempsey has been awful since his return, Darren Bent offers nothing surely Tankovic or Dembele would offer more