watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

knee jerk reaction: Felix

Started by nose, March 01, 2014, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I really know nothing of the new manager except what i have recently read and heard
he speaks nicely
he may be the best manager in the world for all i know but the descision to select him so close to the end of the season was/is absurd

both last week and this we saw poor team selection and tactics.... i cannot accept that dempsey and parker should start (different reasons)
I cannot comprehend the logic of JAR on the bench, i do see that richardson's pace was useful at the back but the two of them worked well together before, they could have done it today

hugo should have started, he is far more of a physical prescence than bent.

karagounis should have started, when he came on he made a difference, he played a proper central midfielders role, better him for an hour than parker being miles from the correct position.

But perhaps the worst of it was rene seemed to have got the team playing well, we had just had two top performances against top teams, there was really no need for the knee jerk change of the board.... it was stupid, and in fact it was the boards negligence in not dealing with jol immediately it was obvious he hadn't a clue, that has got us to where we are today.

for the first time, i am now of the opinion we are certain for relegation, felix has too little time and the wrong group of players. i do not blame him for the mess but his selections so far indicate a complete lack of comprehension of what needs to be done.

TonyGilroy

Selecting Dempsey over Holtby and then pairing him with Bent is clueless.

Richardson has shown he can play wide left but not left back so play him left back.

Leave out Kvist so the back four are unprotected and when it comes to a substitution take off the one guy with pace, energy and skill.

What a complete and utter shambles. We're now at least one more management sacking away from being able to see any improvement. We might as well have stuck with Jol.

Pathetic.

JDH101

I agree with everything said but I'm not conceding relegation until after the Cardiff game. We win that and we are bang in with a chance. Draw or lose and thats it.

nose

Quote from: JDH101 on March 01, 2014, 07:33:03 PM
I agree with everything said but I'm not conceding relegation until after the Cardiff game. We win that and we are bang in with a chance. Draw or lose and thats it.

oh I totally agree with you....  never give up, always try your best and all that, but today i am not sure the team are up to it.  The next two and six points will certainly make life a little different, but we have so little time left.... but I totally agree, fight to the end.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 01, 2014, 07:28:53 PM

Richardson has shown he can play wide left but not left back so play him left back.

Leave out Kvist so the back four are unprotected and when it comes to a substitution take off the one guy with pace, energy and skill.

What a complete and utter shambles. We're now at least one more management sacking away from being able to see any improvement. We might as well have stuck with Jol.

Pathetic.

What did Richardson do poorly at LB today?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Left gaps at the back when he went forward - he can't do both jobs.

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 01, 2014, 07:28:53 PM

Pathetic.

What did Richardson do poorly at LB today?

actually IMO he didn't much wrong although his passing was very poor (whose wasn't), it was rather JAR at LB with richardson at left midfield would have been better. I don't like kasami at left midfield, it is a bit of a waste, i would play him more centrally where his energy and strength would do us far more good.

MikeW

All the classic signs of too many cooks ... in our case, too many managers/ coaches, call it what you will.

Just as Rene was starting to put something together - albeit it interim - he's out and the new guy starts from another clean sheet but with the same old faces.  One of our Jan (window) new comer's started today (accepting two have already been dismissed).  The players must be in a state of mass confusion.

Kara should always start as he can dictate and probe/prod from the start.  OK he runs out of steam but there are others to fill. The situation up front is just dreadful - when has a team looked so unlikely to score?  Demps is kissing his cheque as he leaves a lot fitter (and richer) for a season in the prairies. Our keeper has the yips.

I despair.  We appear to be a rudderless ship both on and off the field.

A squad that is too old - when we tried to give youth a chance (with some promise) they were chucked out
No one to score goals
A magnificent set of youngsters no one seems to trust
A Chairman who doesn't understand British 'soccer'
A chief executive who seems hell bent on destruction - of everything including himself (nice pay off / pension waiting in the wings)
Dare I say it already? A manager who has no hands on knowledge of Premiership or UK football
Dare I say it already (again)? Therfore already struggling with his understanding of the game.  No Holtby from the start - a joke.

Oh dear, not good.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 01, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

Uh, fullbacks have been overlapping for 50+ years in England. Not one of them has ever gone forward without leaving a gap at the back. Richardson augmented the attack -- when we bothered to have one -- AND covered his side of defense very well today. He also showed some pace and commitment.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on March 01, 2014, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 01, 2014, 07:49:12 PM

Uh, fullbacks have been overlapping for 50+ years in England. Not one of them has ever gone forward without leaving a gap at the back. Richardson augmented the attack -- when we bothered to have one -- AND covered his side of defense very well today. He also showed some pace and commitment.

It's where all 3 goals came from. You can't not have midfielders covering the back 4.

Unless, of course, your attacking play is effectively taking the game to the opposition.

I'm not attacking Richardson - it's the role he was given and the lack of support that were the problems.

EJL

Even if Richardson didn't make 'obvious' errors, when all three of Chelsea's goals come from the left-hand side, then there's something wrong with his performance.

alfie

I think we are having a go at Felix and to be honest he does not stand a chance, he has been here couple of weeks he can only go by what he sees on the training ground, it is no good stating poor team selection he was not around when these player got us in this mess, a couple of weeks and a couple of games to see/judge/select who he thinks will do the job, unfortunately he does not have our experience with this group of players. He has won the Bundesleague 3 times saved how many 3 clubs from relegation, the guy has masses of experience, and we are having a go at him after 2 games.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bronaldinho

Magath had a nightmare today.

Selections in both games have been dodgy.

WBA was a bit better but his subs were terrible.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com