watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lost for words

Started by reillers, March 02, 2014, 10:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reillers

Could anyone here have seen this coming after we had just qualified for a European final? It wasnt exactly 50 years ago either but God have we fallen since then. With relegation nearly inevitable at this point do you think the club are planning ahead to make sure our stay in the Championship is a brief one?
One in a million- Irish and a Fulham fan!!!

Fulham76

Quote from: reillers on March 02, 2014, 10:50:36 AM
Could anyone here have seen this coming after we had just qualified for a European final? It wasnt exactly 50 years ago either but God have we fallen since then. With relegation nearly inevitable at this point do you think the club are planning ahead to make sure our stay in the Championship is a brief one?

Yep, the way we're going we'll be out of the championship & in league 1 in no time!

Berserker

Doesn't take much if your a small club in the Prem, lack of investment, poor management, injuries, bad luck
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

I have seen this coming since Mark Hughes season with us. When he left it was clear the Al had every intention of selling the club. Jol spent on Ruiz and that was it. No more investment in the club.

I have no idea if the club are planning anything. Our recent transfer window and then change of manager was the last nail in the coffin for me. We are going down because of short sighted, tight fisted approach. Frustrated after all the effort of becoming an established Prem side to see it thrown away by poor management everywhere at the club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

reillers

I think the fear is that the club wont do what's necessary to get us out of the Championship. They simply did not plan ahead after the Europa final and I think they took it for granted that we would always be a premiership team and look where we are now. When Al Fayed was here I always felt he was doing the bare minimum to keep us in the Premiership after he realised the Man Utd of the South thing was going to take more money than he originally thought. not sure why he sold to Kahn but the cheque book will have to be opened big time next season parachute payments or not............

alfie

Quote from: reillers on March 02, 2014, 11:11:23 AM
I think the fear is that the club wont do what's necessary to get us out of the Championship. They simply did not plan ahead after the Europa final and I think they took it for granted that we would always be a premiership team and look where we are now. When Al Fayed was here I always felt he was doing the bare minimum to keep us in the Premiership after he realised the Man Utd of the South thing was going to take more money than he originally thought. not sure why he sold to Kahn but the cheque book will have to be opened big time next season parachute payments or not............

he sold to Khan because he made him an offer he could not refuse.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

reillers

Kahn gave him a legitimate British passport???

nose

at the final i wondered about middelsbourgh and what happened to them, and what happened to us after 1975.

roy leaving was a blow and the events with hughes also another blow but we should and could have weathered that. Jol was a very bad error and it was not corrected soon enough, the issue of rene being the correct replacement has been cut short, and I believe felix has been given too little time to really show us what he can do. it took roy ages to turn it round and in his team he had several goalscorers, in this team we do not have a proper center forward/striker capable of holding up the ball..... 6 points is what is needed fromn the next two games as a minimum!