watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lecturing

Started by Peabody, March 02, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

But it is not the supporters who play the matches and it is matches which decide promotion and relegation. Also, as pointed out before, for every team that drops down the divisions, there are just as many who go back up.

Fulham 442

Yes well the squad we have has left us in the position we are in.  We haven't been in this position for years.  We got promoted to the top tier and we stayed up - the test will be what will happen when we go down.  Of course I would love us to bounce back up but I am an older supporter and don't want to see us return to the "dark days"!

Berserker

My mother had Bi Polar all her life, when I was 15 she had several nervous breakdowns and was institutionalised for quite a while. I got so upset by the situation I ran into my dads room crying one morning saying I cannot go on. He just turned to me and said oh but you must, there is no alternative,  and he was right.
We as Fulham fans must go on even if we are relegated, it will be different teams, different away grounds and we may come back up in a season or two. We can't change what has been going on at the club, we can't control the players or manager we just have to carry on supporting. Every time we loose, and are nearer relegation, I feel like crying,  I have to try and accept though it's probably our time to go through the trap door.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

As a relative newby (2004), I haven't gone through this before. Even during the Great Escape I was confident because the team kept fighting. The first goal yesterday was like letting the air out of a balloon. I had this sense of dread throughout the second half and even reading words of encouragement on these threads didn't help.  I still feel it today because I don't see the squad that started yesterday even getting off the bottom, much less to safety. I guess the first time you feel the pain is the worst.

COYW
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Peabody

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 02, 2014, 05:04:13 PM
Yes well the squad we have has left us in the position we are in.  We haven't been in this position for years.  We got promoted to the top tier and we stayed up - the test will be what will happen when we go down.  Of course I would love us to bounce back up but I am an older supporter and don't want to see us return to the "dark days"!

I also am a very old Supporter and I also don't want a return to the old days. If we go down, I do not see many of our present team playing for us, just one or two. What I can see is quite a few of our youngsters making an impression plus some new players coming in.

ron

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 02, 2014, 02:03:23 PM
Quote from: Peabody on March 02, 2014, 11:03:13 AM
I have seen one or two posts lecturing those of us who look at things more positively than others. I t may surprise those lecturing, that we all know the dire situation we are in, I think everyone is aware that we are more likely to go down than stay up. However, some choose to face that prospect with hope, rather than giving up and whilst we still have hope, that is what I will cling too. Obviously, the day is fast approaching when that tiny flame will be extinguished and when that day comes, possibly next Saturday, then I will light another flame of hope, for our prospects for next season and I will cling to that.

I could add something really Contraversial at this point but I will refrain, for now.

Good point Mr P ... Nobody on this board is qualified to "Lecture" anyone.
Just a horrible feeling today our options have become so limited and with that thought so settles a dark cloud, as at my age I wonder if I will ever see my team back in The Prem?

Agree Fernhurst. If it takes as long to get back as it did last time, I shall be a 97 year old watching from a ruinous Cottage (If I'm lucky on two counts..). On the other hand, the previous time (in the 'fifties) only took 7, so I shall be a sprightly 71 .

As I've posted before, my life has mirrored the fortunes of the club; born in '49 (1st season in the top flight), made redundant in '96 (lowest ebb), and back in a good position 2001.

.....I'm retiring in July...make of it what you will......