watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lecturing

Started by Peabody, March 02, 2014, 11:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have seen one or two posts lecturing those of us who look at things more positively than others. I t may surprise those lecturing, that we all know the dire situation we are in, I think everyone is aware that we are more likely to go down than stay up. However, some choose to face that prospect with hope, rather than giving up and whilst we still have hope, that is what I will cling too. Obviously, the day is fast approaching when that tiny flame will be extinguished and when that day comes, possibly next Saturday, then I will light another flame of hope, for our prospects for next season and I will cling to that.

I could add something really Contraversial at this point but I will refrain, for now.

nose

here is a paradox

i totally agree with you, unreserved, 100% and by nature i am an optimist

the paradox is after seeing so many errors, again 'the lecture' is a total release of frustration in the abscence of any other vehicle to do anything to be able to help.

H4usuallysitting

we have to keep faith until the last kick of the 38th game - and if next season brings us the Championship, then so be it......I've seen worse much much worse......it ain't over until the fat lady sings...in the next 10 games we have, I would say we have 8 opportunities to string together some wins - COYW

Northern Cottager

We win the next 3 and people will believe, unfortunately we have some tough games left and need to win all of our supposed easier games, at least.

Hope we stay up, I really do.

bill taylors apprentice

While I still scan the fixtures and look for potential points, my head says we are down but the worst feeling comes from the knowledge that it didn't have to be like this.

With a little creativity and better management on and off the field it could have been so different and even worse we could all see it coming a long way off.

Twig

All fair points.   However I am with Nose, the "lecture" is an outpouring of frustration when one is feeling utterly powerless in the face of several years of mismanagement.  It hurts so badly.

Peabody

Quote from: Twig on March 02, 2014, 01:42:13 PM
All fair points.   However I am with Nose, the "lecture" is an outpouring of frustration when one is feeling utterly powerless in the face of several years of mismanagement.  It hurts so badly.

I think you will find that we all share the hurt and yes there has been worse periods. But that is no help now. However, my point is that different people have different people have different ways of dealing with that hurt.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Peabody on March 02, 2014, 11:03:13 AM
I have seen one or two posts lecturing those of us who look at things more positively than others. I t may surprise those lecturing, that we all know the dire situation we are in, I think everyone is aware that we are more likely to go down than stay up. However, some choose to face that prospect with hope, rather than giving up and whilst we still have hope, that is what I will cling too. Obviously, the day is fast approaching when that tiny flame will be extinguished and when that day comes, possibly next Saturday, then I will light another flame of hope, for our prospects for next season and I will cling to that.

I could add something really Contraversial at this point but I will refrain, for now.

Good point Mr P ... Nobody on this board is qualified to "Lecture" anyone.
Just a horrible feeling today our options have become so limited and with that thought so settles a dark cloud, as at my age I wonder if I will ever see my team back in The Prem?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Burt

City, Spurs and Everton are the only fixtures we have in our run-in where we can reasonably expect to pick up nothing.

We should be viewing all the others as winnable.

Our run-in is by far the most favourable of all the teams at risk of the drop.

If the club doesn't have a shrink taking the team through "what victory looks like" in all those other fixtures then they need to get one in quickly.

It would be tragic if the team entered all those games without any fight, spirit, or belief that we may get something out of them.

jeremyfulham

It aint over until its over COYW

Fernhurst

From yesterday's performance and tactics can we honestly summise maximum points from "the winnable games"?

Desperate to see if our new man had figured a way to clearly use our resources to get through a match without collapsing.

Peabody

Felix has only had two weeks and I did say it would take two or three weeks to see what is required. There is still hope, small I know but it is still there.

RaySmith

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 02, 2014, 02:42:23 PM
From yesterday's performance and tactics can we honestly summise maximum points from "the winnable games"?

Desperate to see if our new man had figured a way to clearly use our resources to get through a match without collapsing.

Well. Magath has the experience of winning championships, and leading teams to escape relegation, albeit in Germany.

Shouldn't he be able to quickly diagnose our problems, and put out a team capable of survival?

Maybe he can, maybe he can't, but presumably we don't expect anyone associated with the club to just give up, and passively accept relegation.

Fernhurst

Wish my glass was half full instead of half empty.

To date we have won 6 games from 28 games
Now we need to win 6 from the next 10.

If Spartacus turns out to be a sensation and we make it I would be ecstatic but the likelihood is..... :012:

ToodlesMcToot

I just hope that Mr Magath's eyes tell him that the aged club that he put out on the field to fight just do not have the legs to fight for 90'. He has disciplined, younger players that he should be able to count on. I hope that he uses them.

Please, someone, get a message to him telepathically that Riise/Richardson on the left is just as important to this team as Reither/Dejagah is on the right.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Vinnieffc

Peabody - You are one of (if not THE) favourite of my posters on here, and I adhere to your optimism - not so much for Premier League survival but the subsequent rebuild if we are relegated. We won't go down 'cos we are expected to - it's called Fulhamish !!

Twig

Quote from: Vinnieffc on March 02, 2014, 03:39:03 PM

Peabody - You are one of (if not THE) favourite of my posters on here, and I adhere to your optimism - not so much for Premier League survival but the subsequent rebuild if we are relegated. We won't go down 'cos we are expected to - it's called Fulhamish !!

I do hope we rebuild successfully and rebound.  However too many "big" clubs have spent years failing to climb back or, worse, have sunk into even greater obscurity, for me to feel anything other than very nervous about next season.

Fulham 442

While I still scan the fixtures and look for potential points, my head says we are down but the worst feeling comes from the knowledge that it didn't have to be like this.

With a little creativity and better management on and off the field it could have been so different and even worse we could all see it coming a long way off.

Top post and spot on.  We all knew that investment was needed and nothing was done.  We have an ageing squad and that wasn't addressed in time, have panicked with the management, bought a striker in the January window who is not deemed fit enough to play when we need him most and in my view have now employed a manager who is relying on the "old guard".. I think we should have stuck with Rene.  I fear for our relegation, which I think is now inevitable, although like most I will keep that tiny flame of hope alive until it is mathematically possible not to, because we are not a well supported club and the thought of us once again vanishing down the divisions and into obscurity is hard to take.  It didn't have to be like this and I feel saddened beyond belief.

Peabody

There is no reason why we should drop through the divisions, it is just as likely that we will bounce straight up.

Fulham 442

I would like to share your optimism Peabody but it is a fact that a lot of STH at Fulham are not actually Fulham supporters but just go there to watch Premiership football in London on a regular basis as they are reasonably priced in comparison to Chelsea etc. With our support dropping away if we go down our income will drop away and we have never been a fashionable club...I fear for our future and I think it was all preventable....