watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Five Live report of discontent over harsh new training regime

Started by Fulham1959, March 02, 2014, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

Did anyone listen to 606, early yesterday evening ?

One of the presenters had heard what he thought was a reliable report (indirectly from one of the players) about the negative effects of extended training last week.   He speculated as to whether that was the reason the team faded after 60 minutes (or whatever), yesterday.

OK, I know, it's been like that all season, but is there discontent in the squad already ?

bill taylors apprentice

They are bound to moan, they have been the  least fit team in the PL all season.

JBH

The ones that moan are the ones not up to a challenge and don't give a toss about the club I just wish that they had the balls to say it themselves into a camera rather than sneak about under cover of the media :028:

ron

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 02, 2014, 12:29:33 PM
They are bound to moan, they have been the  least fit team in the PL all season.

...and the squad only have to look at the second half against Hull amongst others to realise why fitness is key.....

.....after all, infantry soldiers for example are required to be at peak fitness at a fraction of the salary of these rather spoilt darlings.

JBH

Quote from: ron on March 02, 2014, 12:33:48 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 02, 2014, 12:29:33 PM
They are bound to moan, they have been the  least fit team in the PL all season.

...and the squad only have to look at the second half against Hull amongst others to realise why fitness is key.....

.....after all, infantry soldiers for example are required to be at peak fitness at a fraction of the salary of these rather spoilt darlings.
And also infantry soldiers do something that matters with pride and commitment unlike our spoilt brats most of whom would last a day in the real world

westcliff white

to be fair we have not played a full 90 all season, how many goals have we conceded late on. smacks of someone looking for a story
Every day is a Fulham day

dont stand me down

yes i heard that, I thought it poor that no one seemed to have the information of how many goals we'd shipped pre Felix to counter that story.

Holders

Whereas other players moaned about Rene for not picking them...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Roberty

Given the way they have performed this season, I would find it hard to defend our players to a manager who thought they should be stood against a wall and shot.

The fact that they are finding his training hard work, probably shows how cushy they have had it this season.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Burt

I for one am delighted that this is happening. For the reasons mentioned above. They get paid well enough for kicking a ball around for 90mins, so they may as well earn their money making sure they can last that 90mins.

fulham traveller

jol never trained the players hard enough, so now they are shocked

MJG

The team has always faded after 60 minutes this season so I have no issue if they are being worked hard

Wingnut

Quote from: MJG on March 02, 2014, 02:41:58 PM
The team has always faded after 60 minutes this season so I have no issue if they are being worked hard

Was just going to post this. We have faded in pretty much every PL game this season. Even when we won. The players are annoyed because they have to put in a shift in training.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

RidgeRider

I'm glad he is driving them hard. He may have been looking past Chelsea, in terms of his fitness program, so that we are as fit as possible for the teams we can actually get points from. He may have driven them hard as late as Thursday this week in order to continue to build their fitness for next weekend.

Normally, you would do your last truly hard workout on Wednesday, and then lighter ones on Thursday and Friday (to fully recover), to be at maximum fitness for a Saturday event, so maybe he pushed them an extra day this week to be sure they got another 'hard day' in, knowing he wanted them at a higher level next weekend. Just a thought.

Vinnieffc

This could be a blood letting moment for us. Felix is relying on the old guard to keep us up, but would relegation be a disaster ? Bring in the young 'uns in the Championship and bounce straight back up under Felix (imperative he stays). New broom and all that..