News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Man Who Would Bring Us Straight Back Up.

Started by Macedo, March 02, 2014, 12:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Twig on March 03, 2014, 04:13:40 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 03, 2014, 01:28:38 AM
Quote from: KCat on March 02, 2014, 04:08:02 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 02, 2014, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: KCat on March 02, 2014, 03:24:42 PM
Christ !!!! Give Felix a chance
IMO he is in as the Number 1 Plan
Keep us up or failing that be in place to bring us back
It is  silly to blame Mackintosh ....................... the bloke is quickly becoming The Fulham Goat

How exactly is it silly to blame him for some portion of this debacle? I'm curious.

He has been the man who hired and fired all of the managers since 2008. He may not have been responsible for how much money was given to the club for investing in the squad, but he was most definitely very involved in choosing who to spend that sum on. I believe that it's very valid to ask how he survives the failure to construct a competitive squad.

From the start  Jol was Mohamed Al Fayed man.  Mo did the chasing way back.

Mac is given X amount of money and told to do Y  with it .  He is not the one with the bag of coin or the one to rubber stamp the deal.  There is no evidence to support the notion that Mac  was instrumental in keeping Jol longer than it was decent or wise, or that Khan consulted him before making decisions, Khan himself had meetings  with both Rene and Felix before contracts were signed.  Mackintosh knows how to behave,  but the carry -on at Fulham over the last 5 months were made by someone who is clueless
Khan making his decisions and not consulting or paying heed to Mackintosh. may well account for the very poor and delayed press releases since the start of the season.     

So you seriously believe that the CEO has no culpability when the company he is charged with running fails to accomplish the single most important task required of it?

Exactly.  Of course evey CEO is ultimately limited in his authority by owners/shareholders BUT every CEO is accountable for results, is open to criticism and will eventually pay the price for failure.

It is ridiculous to argue, as some do, that it is somehow unreasonable to argue that he is culpable.

You are absolutely correct in the fact that as CEO he takes the can, but to be honest none of us really know exactly what decision/suggestions he may or may not have made.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Of course, he is paid to  accept responsibility, but that doesn't mean  everything is actually his fault.

The thing is - we don't know the details of events over a period of years.

It's all probably more **** up than conspiracy, and probably all comes down to money in the end.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 03, 2014, 07:45:40 AM
Ali Mac was responsible for setting up the academy and bringing in the guys from Southampton. Top marks for that.

I'll happily give him top marks for that. We do look to have some fine prospects to begin working toward the first team. This I hadn't considered which is why I asked for successes that he could hang his hat on in my first "anti-AM" post. Honestly, I'm not anti-AM. I'm just wondering how he is surviving when many others have been shipped out and I seriously believe his job is in jeopardy.

Khan said that he chooses who he believes is best to run things, gives them the responsibility and support, and lets them go. He also said that the plan for this season was AM's and Jol's. The plan has failed thru 2 managers and isn't yet showing signs of improvement under Magath. At some point AM's rope is going to run out.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

St Eve

Forget the coming straight back theory. Going down is not an option

JBH

Quote from: St Eve on March 04, 2014, 02:29:03 AM
Forget the coming straight back theory. Going down is not an option

Unfortunately it is looking more like a certainty than an option (but I hope not) saying that I would let Felix sort the mess out if we go down and sack Macintosh  065.gif

jeremyfulham

Bring us up ? You have given up ? That's the spirit ! COYW