watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pistorius' incredible defense

Started by Nick Bateman, March 03, 2014, 10:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

i find the whole thing strange, he thought it was a burglar so got the gun from under her side of the bed. He states she was sleeping. My first question is surely he would have seen her not in bed at this stage?

If he didn't see her, lets say it was too dark, and assumes she is asleep why is she fully dressed in the toilet after being shot?

something isnt right.
Every day is a Fulham day

Steven Ageroad

I'd heard that he wanted to buy a new bathroom door but she was against it!!

gezkc

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 04, 2014, 03:23:25 AM
The most disturbing thing about this case is how the media have turned this into a soap opera. Does it really need to be televised for example. No respect for the victims family.

I've been amazed how much of this case has been in the public domain right from the start. I guess the South African system of not having a jury means there's no risk of bias from people making pre-judgements, but it seems wrong to allow every detail of the case to be analysed in minute detail by the world's media and members of the public.

Even if Pistorius is found not guilty (which seems highly unlikely), the general public will know exactly what he did, how he did it and why he did it. In their eyes, he'll be guilty no matter what the court decides.

General

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 03, 2014, 11:31:42 PM
According to his statement to arresting officers, he did NOT call out her name, nor even a warning shout to the alleged intruder.  Does not make any logical sense....

Ok I was with you until you said 'nor even a warning shout to the alleged intruder'... why on earth if someone is in your house and you have no idea who they may be do you think it'd be a good idea to let them know someone is there...? Then they come out with a gun and a knife and know how to use it and you aren't as confident then you're fucked. If I was him I would've rung the police first thing.. that said, he also is a double amputee and has no legs - I can't relate so don't know how vulnerable you can feel with two legs which aren't your own, but I can imagine you could feel quite vulnerable.

epsomraver

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 04, 2014, 07:38:15 AM
Without his blades?

I just think he is " a low down Bum"

he was just arsing about

Bedford White

Quote from: westcliff white on March 04, 2014, 07:45:50 AM
i find the whole thing strange, he thought it was a burglar so got the gun from under her side of the bed. He states she was sleeping. My first question is surely he would have seen her not in bed at this stage?

If he didn't see her, lets say it was too dark, and assumes she is asleep why is she fully dressed in the toilet after being shot?

something isnt right.

If she were sleeping in the top bunk he wouldn't have seen her.

For me this whole thing has an OJ Simpson media circus BS about it. If his defence get him off the charge then we should hire them, we could really use a good defence ourselves right now.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: General on March 04, 2014, 12:50:45 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 03, 2014, 11:31:42 PM
According to his statement to arresting officers, he did NOT call out her name, nor even a warning shout to the alleged intruder.  Does not make any logical sense....

Ok I was with you until you said 'nor even a warning shout to the alleged intruder'... why on earth if someone is in your house and you have no idea who they may be do you think it'd be a good idea to let them know someone is there...? Then they come out with a gun and a knife and know how to use it and you aren't as confident then you're fucked. If I was him I would've rung the police first thing.. that said, he also is a double amputee and has no legs - I can't relate so don't know how vulnerable you can feel with two legs which aren't your own, but I can imagine you could feel quite vulnerable.

Being a double amputee in somewhere as notoriously violent as South Africa cannot be a good position to be in, so from that perspective it makes a bit of sense.  I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but either way it's horrific and I hope that the prevailing undercurrent throughout all of this is about the poor woman who lost her life.

Also found out that Reeva Steenkamp was joint SA Person of the Year last year - what happened to the other girl that "won" it is even more horrendous.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

What also seems strange is that she is supposed to have screamed before he shot her.
If he didn't call out how did she know he was about to fire, unless of course it's a glass
door, in which case it makes the whole thing a lot more transparent.
How did he keep the gun under the bed if he's sawn its legs off to lie low for a while ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Vinnieffc

I worked in Jo'Burg for 3 months in the early 90's and my house was high walled with electric fencing on the top and steel gated. As KCat said, they don't mess around out there and will shoot you to get your mobile. Thankfully I didn't experience any problems but that's luck of the draw. That said, I find his defense ridiculously weak but must get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

King_Crud

I'm sure it's not the first time a guy has woken up legless on valentines day and shot his load at his girlfriend while thinking she's someone else?

Nick Bateman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 04, 2014, 03:14:53 PM
What also seems strange is that she is supposed to have screamed before he shot her.
If he didn't call out how did she know he was about to fire, unless of course it's a glass
door, in which case it makes the whole thing a lot more transparent.
How did he keep the gun under the bed if he's sawn its legs off to lie low for a while ?

Because she ran away from a berserk MONSTER obsessed with hand guns and locked herself in the bathroom in sheer terror and fear.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

YankeeJim

You lot think we yanks are gun crazed loons and to some degree that is true. However, we have a legal principle know as "immanent threat". Even if the person in the bathroom had been an intruder and even if he was armed, you can't fire through a closed door. He likely wouldn't be convicted of 1st degree murder but 2nd degree or criminally negligent homicide would be the outcome and that could be worth life imprisonment. 

The reports we are getting here say that a neighbor heard a scream and then 4 shots. I think the dude is in deep doo-doo.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MiltonBurrows

I recently read that one of his claims is that the screams heard was actually him and the his screams are like that of a womans...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"