watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diarra Nearing Full Fitness

Started by Julius Geezer, March 06, 2014, 08:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julius Geezer

Yet another option for our central midfield!

He's a very useful player but who would have him in the side?

bulgariawhite

Wouldn't last 10 mins. One hard tackle and that would be it. Not worth taking the chance I'm afraid

Whiteroom

I'd have him back in a shot. If he could play he would be our best midfielder. Real class. Put him a pay-to-play and he would do a great job. If we could keep him fit (unlikely) perhaps he would even (in the event of us going down) play for us in the championship.

JackyFulham90

We are in such a bad position he would be worth a shot, even if he only managed 3 games he would make a difference as if he could get fully fit he is a quality player

fulhamfever

Diarra nearing full fitness how many times have I heard that joke

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamfever on March 06, 2014, 04:41:06 PM
Diarra nearing full fitness how many times have I heard that joke

One of Jol's favorite refrains. Remember hearing that several times from him last season only to find out that he was nowhere near or enduring yet another injury.

If he's truly fit, he's worth a short term deal. What could it really hurt if we have the roster space? If it's desperation, as it seems, and it's a case of 'get out there and give me whatever you can' then I'd rather he be able to walk in his retirement than play 20 to 30 minutes a game. I would not view him as a 30 minute game changer type substitution. His kind of impact seems to be that he's able to play his role and allow the rest of our players to not concern themselves with that on top of their own positions. We need a 80' - 90' Diarra.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

FPT

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Forever Fulham

If a man works that hard to come back, you have to give him a shot.  Otherwise, there's no fairness in the world, and all hope is lost.  Pay for play, short term basis--sounds right to me.

epsomraver

Quote from: FPT on March 06, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
He'd walk into my side.

Is that because he cannot break into a trot yet? :005:

something_amusing

it's been so long, what is actually wrong with him again? diarra, holtby and sidwell/kvist 3 man midfield would be a dream...never gunna happen

horse1031

Full fitness Diarra and we might win out.  Too bad he isnt going to be :HD:

HatterDon

The only way Diarra will ever be near full fitness is if he sits next to Holtby.

I can't believe that anyone still believes he'll ever be fit enough long enough to feature with anybody.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Not sure 'Diarra and 'Full Fitness' can really be used in the same sentence.

SouthfieldWhite

I take it you've all been watching Diarra train at MO on a daily basis and are in regular contact with the medical and fitness staff.

Why disregard the bloke when you don't know how his rehabilitation is going.

IF he can get back to full fitness, it can only help us , only time will tell but let's give the bloke a chance

Skatzoffc

Why are people still talking about Diarra?

1500.gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Pluto

Quote from: Skatzoffc on March 07, 2014, 08:49:36 AM
Why are people still talking about Diarra?

1500.gif

Because he's still training with us and if he got back to full fitness he'd be absolute class for us? This guy ran midfields for Real Madrid- he can absolutely dominate the middle and would immediately solve our problem of giving the ball away in that area.

Forever Fulham

In his day, a world class holding mid with great skill.  Piano legs unfortunately.  Stove pipes. 

BedsFFC

In the short time he played for us he was best midfielder.

We played Villa, were 1 - 0 but Villa were pushing hard. 30 to go, we bought a 80% Diarra on and he just turned the game. We weren't troubled again.

Keep him on board