News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if holtby is dropped for Cardiff. We will lose.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 06, 2014, 02:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Holders on March 07, 2014, 09:04:24 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on March 07, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
having seen the pre match video, im pretty certain holtby will start.

He virtually said that, Kvist is carrying an injury so I can't see him  passing the 90-minute test.

The rest of Felix's interview was pretty much smokescreen and mind-games, I thought. He's reputed to be good at that. He tried it on Mourinho and it nearly worked. He's much more clever than just what he says.
yeah, basically agree, although he might be forced to play kvist if he doesnt want to use karagounis and boateng.

Zu-Meister

if kvist cant play, id go for:

Stek
Riether   Heitinga   Hangeland(would prefer burn)   Riise

Karagounis

Sidwell        Holtby

Dejagah         Rodallega         Richardson

Dodger53

Official Web says Parker is out for Saturday - what a shame?

:yay:

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 07, 2014, 09:26:38 AM

Harsh! He isn't absolutely terrible, he just isn't as good as other options...

Dodger53

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 07, 2014, 09:40:36 AM

He isnt upto PL standard now! He was good and now he isnt, it happens to all of us. He was a poor stop gap Jol purchase. I dont know him and wish him well in the future but he has lost what ever it was that made him stand out as a great player. He is now very very ordinary, makes far to many mistakes and loses the ball without the knack to get a free kick from it as some do.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 07, 2014, 10:07:34 AM

He isnt upto PL standard now! He was good and now he isnt, it happens to all of us. He was a poor stop gap Jol purchase. I dont know him and wish him well in the future but he has lost what ever it was that made him stand out as a great player. He is now very very ordinary, makes far to many mistakes and loses the ball without the knack to get a free kick from it as some do.

Maybe he's just in a poor run of form or is lacking confidence as he's been our best player up until Xmas and you don't become a poor player over night

westcliff white

I didnt get the impression either way that holtby would or would not start, he said we need fighters and after last weeks comments as to why he dropped him, that may not be a good sign.

I did think though he he was a little annoyed and terse in answering questions about mitroglou
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 07, 2014, 10:07:34 AM

I think the way we play has caused a lot of players to struggle. Nothing going forward so a constant need to pass sideways and backwards. After 5 minutes the opposition figure it out and close you down.

the nutflush

What other options?  If we had other options I don't think we would be sitting on the bottom of the table.

andy

Quote from: Zu-Meister on March 07, 2014, 09:24:03 AM
if kvist cant play, id go for:

Stek
Riether   Heitinga   Hangeland(would prefer burn)   Riise

Karagounis

Sidwell        Holtby

Dejagah         Rodallega         Richardson

I like your team line up and if it were true I would be as optimistic as i could be for for tomorrow!
Personally I prefer Stockdale as a goalkeeper but it is swings and roundabouts between them.

Also I am not so against Bent starting but I think this is a game better suited to Rodallega         

westcliff white

personally i would play a youth player upfront, Bent is a little lost right now and rodders is woeful (in my opinion). Youth would give us an urgency up there, although I know FM is not in favour of youth  in these situations so unlikely to happen.
Every day is a Fulham day

SadOldGit

Quote from: General on March 07, 2014, 08:30:59 AM
Holtby is the player who gives his all for our team and can split a defence open. He defends and runs his heart off for the club. Magaths persistence in not playing him could indeed get us relegated, especially against teams against Cardiff where holtby's presence could be the difference. What a waste. I wish we had meulesteen back if he continues to not play arguably our best player.

He needs to get rid of Parker too. Put in kvist. We all know it. He clearly hasn't realised it and he won't because he keeps talking about 90 mins but he doesn't know what it takes and is needed in 90 mins. He's only seen a premiership 90 twice.

Very wise words.  Thank you 049:gif