News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if holtby is dropped for Cardiff. We will lose.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 06, 2014, 02:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

horse1031

Sigh

We need goalscorers.  I trust Felix but he is in a bad position.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If Parker is in, I will  scream andd scream until I am sick ..............

But still,  we are not going to lose ..........Blingo said  :54:

TonyGilroy

If we turn up we'll lose. It's that or not bother and default.

ToodlesMcToot

I still contend that not fielding Holtby was planned as a part of managing the games that we should win and the matches we should not.

I don't believe Chelsea was a match that Magath considered getting any points from.

I'd personally love to see another go at the 4-5-1 that Rene had started to use with Parker protecting the CBs and Holtby/Sidwell in front - Richardson and Dejagah out wide.

At the moment I think we could put Bent, Rodallega, or Kasami up top and it wouldn't really matter. We've not made good use of a striker all season. Roda, I guess, would be my first preference followed by Kasami and then Bent.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: KCat on March 06, 2014, 02:16:46 PM
If Parker is in, I will  scream andd scream until I am sick ..............

But still,  we are not going to lose ..........Blingo said  :54:

Excellent point, If Blingo said it,we will win.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Two Ton Ted

Holtby can't be dropped, as he wasn't in the starting XI last week.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

MOR :

Northern Cottager

If Holtby is dropped we know he intends on sitting 10 players behind the ball and leaving Hugo or Bent isolated, completely.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MOR : on March 06, 2014, 02:53:12 PM
If Felix drops Holtby then the Manager needs a

Can we order sever
Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 06, 2014, 03:05:15 PM
If Holtby is dropped we know he intends on sitting 10 players behind the ball and leaving Hugo or Bent isolated, completely.

We've done this so often this season and only on the few occasions when Berba was played up top have we had a striker capable of playing that game. I don't get how our coaches see that this tactic works for our team. It's as if someone still thinks we have Zamora.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

psand22

There's no way, that he won't start.  He rolled the dice with Dempsey last week...thinking he would play well in his last start for Fulham.  Well, that didn't go as planned.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: psand22 on March 06, 2014, 03:11:02 PM
There's no way, that he won't start.  He rolled the dice with Dempsey last week...thinking he would play well in his last start for Fulham.  Well, that didn't go as planned.

That's true, Dempsey definitely isn't playing so maybe this opens the door for him. Probably see us bring in a 3rd Centre back though.

JDH101

If Holtby is dropped by the manager we may or may not lose.

However, if Holtby is dropped by the manager then I don't like his thinking and I want him out regardless of the result. He is by far and away our best player and should be the first name on our team sheet.

YankeeJim

Just to avoid any paranoia on behalf of Fulham fans, Dempsey played exactly the same way against Ukraine. So now I'm badly depressed about the US Nats as well as the Cottagers. Not my best year as a football fan.  090.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

If Mitroglou plays Amorebieta at ping pong then I'm going to turn myself inside out and rub my viscera all over the wall.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

General

Holtby is the player who gives his all for our team and can split a defence open. He defends and runs his heart off for the club. Magaths persistence in not playing him could indeed get us relegated, especially against teams against Cardiff where holtby's presence could be the difference. What a waste. I wish we had meulesteen back if he continues to not play arguably our best player.

He needs to get rid of Parker too. Put in kvist. We all know it. He clearly hasn't realised it and he won't because he keeps talking about 90 mins but he doesn't know what it takes and is needed in 90 mins. He's only seen a premiership 90 twice.

Zu-Meister

having seen the pre match video, im pretty certain holtby will start.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 06, 2014, 02:21:57 PM
I still contend that not fielding Holtby was planned as a part of managing the games that we should win and the matches we should not.

I don't believe Chelsea was a match that Magath considered getting any points from.

I'd personally love to see another go at the 4-5-1 that Rene had started to use with Parker protecting the CBs and Holtby/Sidwell in front - Richardson and Dejagah out wide.

At the moment I think we could put Bent, Rodallega, or Kasami up top and it wouldn't really matter. We've not made good use of a striker all season. Roda, I guess, would be my first preference followed by Kasami and then Bent.

Totally agree!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Holders

Quote from: Zu-Meister on March 07, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
having seen the pre match video, im pretty certain holtby will start.

He virtually said that, Kvist is carrying an injury so I can't see him  passing the 90-minute test.

The rest of Felix's interview was pretty much smokescreen and mind-games, I thought. He's reputed to be good at that. He tried it on Mourinho and it nearly worked. He's much more clever than just what he says.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

PokerMatt

I posted this quote in another thread. But to me the comments about Holtby not being a fighter (right or wrong, of course) look to me to have been about the Chelsea game not Cardiff.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-03-06/fulham-manager-felix-magath-is-certain-the-premier-leagues-bottom-club-will-win-their-fight-to-avoid-relegation/

"Lewis Holtby is not a fighter. He is very smart, he is a very skilful offensive player who has very good passes.

"A game against Chelsea, the best team in the league, we had not much space to create chances and therefore he was out for that game. Saturday is another game. We will see."
Follow me: @mattdjourno