watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so depressed

Started by crazycottager, March 06, 2014, 11:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazycottager

i must admit my positivity i use to have has been decimated [Yes i know it's obvious i should have lost my optimism long ago, but something in me just clung on] Mitroglou has not performed, and i thought: 'Oh, we better play the best game of our lives against cardiff, but probably not going to happen". But now to learn that Holtby of all people is being cut against Cardiff means that my head has well and truly dropped. just get it over with and shoot this horse now. but if i do say i always believed, do remind me, but maybe there is a glimmer of hope that if we go down, it may be for the better. we need to rebuild, and bringing in some good players who have pace and heart would be a good start. but we need to either put an effort in, or end this and rebuild. but at this point, my head has well and truly dropped. And the club haven't exactly made this easy on me with all the great escape flashbacks. What are they thinking? That if they try really really hard that we will magically play like Barcelona? If we stay up, it may be worse unless Ali mac goes, and we get some players with heart. What do you guys think? Let me know! 

PokerMatt

I can't find the quote any more, but Felix actually said something like - against Chelsea Holtby wouldn't have had the space needed, but against Cardiff can have more of an impact. So I think he will play.

EDIT:

This was it, from here: http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-03-06/fulham-manager-felix-magath-is-certain-the-premier-leagues-bottom-club-will-win-their-fight-to-avoid-relegation/

"Lewis Holtby is not a fighter. He is very smart, he is a very skilful offensive player who has very good passes.

"A game against Chelsea, the best team in the league, we had not much space to create chances and therefore he was out for that game. Saturday is another game. We will see."
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Nick Bateman

One hopes Magath realizes some players do need the proverbial "kick-up-the-backside" while some need a hug.  One hopes he does the latter from time to time.  All is not lost, yet...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

The point is we as a club have been sinking in the quick sand of mistakes for a few seasons now. Not just one mistake by one man but a whole group of mistakes by several people. But for some reason we still have a chance of saving ourselves. No nor do I but then anything is possible. The belief we can only improve or go down and come back stronger is in every fans prayers.

But we have to go for it and not chicken out as we did against WBA and Chelscum.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

premFlem

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 07, 2014, 12:18:04 AM
The point is we as a club have been sinking in the quick sand of mistakes for a few seasons now. Not just one mistake by one man but a whole group of mistakes by several people. But for some reason we still have a chance of saving ourselves. No nor do I but then anything is possible. The belief we can only improve or go down and come back stronger is in every fans prayers.

But we have to go for it and not chicken out as we did against WBA and Chelscum.
Plus one ......The genius of Roy ( which I hope the rest of England is about to share )  just papered over the cracks . I hope shad khan finds a source of credible football knowledge that can benifit the club as well as his pocket.
Roy Hodgson as director of football after the world cup anyone?
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

nevzter

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 07, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

there is a light that never goes out, there is a light that never goes out...

i don't know about the chicken part, but i wholly agree that fulham have to go for it - full boat

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Deanothefulhamfan

I don't think Felix has it in him to play attacking football, I am at a total loss to what has happened to our club this season, we have literally turned into a circus act and it is just embarresing... We have had to many must win games this season, and failed to put in a good performance when it really mattered (barring west ham at home ).... Cardiff will beat us, I am almost certain of that...  We don't deserve to be in the premier league this season, and come saturday it will dawn on everyone else that we will be playing in the championship next season. ... even those remaining few optimists.

I just hope like everyone else our club is stripped to the bones and the rebuilding process can commence.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 07, 2014, 03:47:15 AM
I don't think Felix has it in him to play attacking football, I am at a total loss to what has happened to our club this season, we have literally turned into a circus act and it is just embarresing... We have had to many must win games this season, and failed to put in a good performance when it really mattered (barring west ham at home ).... Cardiff will beat us, I am almost certain of that...  We don't deserve to be in the premier league this season, and come saturday it will dawn on everyone else that we will be playing in the championship next season. ... even those remaining few optimists.

I just hope like everyone else our club is stripped to the bones and the rebuilding process can commence.

On your first point about attacking football, it's just not true. When he won the league with Wolfsburg in 2009 his strikers - Edin Dzeko and Grafite - scored 54 goals between them in 34 games.

The situation here is so different - he doesn't have any good strikers to work with so he's trying to plug the leaky defence to squeeze out some wins. It hasn't worked yet, but remember we just played top of the league.

I will still believe that he knows what he's doing, but a poor defeat to Cardiff will certainly change my mind.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

BestOfBrede

I still think we will stay up and a loss to Cradiff, although perish the thought, is still not the end of the world. There are still only a few points in it and if we give up now then so will the players!
I can still see us scrapping through with enough points (just)
COYW

RaySmith

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 07, 2014, 01:30:10 PM
I still think we will stay up and a loss to Cradiff, although perish the thought, is still not the end of the world. There are still only a few points in it and if we give up now then so will the players!
COYW
:plus one:

ffccaz

COYW
:plus one:

Aaron

COYW

Just want to make sure I'm reading this right.

If we lose to Cardiff, you think we'll still stay up?

Not only would we be 4 points adrift with an abysmal goal difference, but the teams immediately above us all have a game (or games) in hand and we've got to face a relatively in form Newcastle, Everton and Manchester City in our next 3 games.

Can't see it myself.

Neil D

Quote from: crazycottager on March 06, 2014, 11:47:41 PM
i must admit my positivity i use to have has been decimated
That's not so bad.  At least you've still got the other 90% to fall back on...

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Aaron on March 07, 2014, 04:28:26 PM
COYW

Just want to make sure I'm reading this right.

If we lose to Cardiff, you think we'll still stay up?

Not only would we be 4 points adrift with an abysmal goal difference, but the teams immediately above us all have a game (or games) in hand and we've got to face a relatively in form Newcastle, Everton and Manchester City in our next 3 games.

Can't see it myself.
Yes, I think we can still stay up! There will still be 9 games to go with 27 pts to play for, and 4 pts difference is not an insurmountable target. I still think we have the makings of a very good side and there are teams not as good as we.
What I do think though is that if we begin to drop our (fans) heads and not fully support the team then it will adversely affect the players. This we do not need!

Burt

It's not often I pray, but I will be this weekend.

Such a crucial game.

Lose and we are cut adrift.

Draw is not ideal, but not the end of the world.

Win and it will be such a massive shot in the arm.

I hope Felix sets them up to believe that the points are there for the taking. Anything less than that and it won't end up well.