watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hope we attack Cardiff

Started by JackyFulham90, March 08, 2014, 09:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

We really need to take the game to Cardiff as we have the better players. 4-3-3 is the way.

Get Dejagah & Richardson back on the wings

Have a midfield 3 of Sidwell, Kasami & Holtby to win the battle with there energy.

Come on Fulham we can do this

Deanothefulhamfan

I think our best chance of winning is a smash and grab.... not pretty but I have a feeling Cardiff will throw the kitchen sink at us early doors.... if we survive this early onslaught, their fans will get restless and we can grow into the game and nick a goal in the second half.

I honestly can't see us winning, but think this is our best chance.

Blanco

I think what Deano said is going to happn. Our manager won't play a 4-3-3. He'll put out a defensive formation and break on the counter.

PeterFFC

I agree, but really hope that we can get 2 ahead.
The amount of times this season were we have gone ahead in the 1st half, given me hope of 3 points, and then try to sit back to protect a 1 goal lead with our defence.
Also we have conceded 68% of goals in the 2nd half, the most in the league. And Cardiff have scored 78% of their goals in the 2nd half, the most in the league.
COYW

Deanothefulhamfan

Welcome to the board Peter..... worrying stats you have provided.

I hate negative football, but I just think this is the game where we need to be negative and catch them on the counter. Team selection is key

PeterFFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 08, 2014, 09:30:30 AM

I hate negative football, but I just think this is the game where we need to be negative and catch them on the counter. Team selection is key

Thanks!
I'll take negative football if it means 3 points though at the moment.

Robbie

The risk for us as usual is 80 minutes plus. Parker etc are weak in mid-field later in the game. Cardiff will know that. I reckon it will be 0-0 until 80 mins.

epsomraver

Quote from: PeterFFC on March 08, 2014, 09:32:22 AM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 08, 2014, 09:30:30 AM

Thanks!
I'll take negative football if it means 3 points though at the moment.

Negative football will not get us 3 points, as your own stats prove, we have to take the game to the opponents for once, if you watch the numerous reruns on here of the great escape we did not sit back but went for it, The team selection today will tell me before the game which way we will play and whether we have any chance of a win.

epsomraver

Quote from: Robbie on March 08, 2014, 09:46:16 AM
The risk for us as usual is 80 minutes plus. Parker etc are weak in mid-field later in the game. Cardiff will know that. I reckon it will be 0-0 until 80 mins.

That's good they know about Parker because he is not playing.

Haynes

shnlwswlkr

Get a goal and keep going for a second, not sit back and try and see out a 1-0 win.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

PokerMatt

Felix said in the preview on the offal that he doesn't want us to keep dropping deep. He wants to be in control of the game and on the front foot.

Whether that's management spiel we'll see but although Magath has always been one for discipline and fitness that doesn't mean he wants to play negative football. I don't think us dropping back in second halves is through his want - I expect us to attack today.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

grandad

Cardiff will play 4-5-1. If we play 4-3-3 we will get over run in MF. I think we will play 4-4-1-1
Where there's a will there's a wife

PeterFFC

Quote from: grandad on March 08, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
Cardiff will play 4-5-1. If we play 4-3-3 we will get over run in MF. I think we will play 4-4-1-1

Against Spurs they played 352 though.
I don't know what formation to expect.

KP_FFC

wingers will be key because they're apparently using 352

grandad

Really it´s 11 vs 11. We have to want it more than them. Weather the early storm & take the game to them. Don´t let their MF dominate. The more we keep the ball the less they can do with their possession. Easy init.
Where there's a will there's a wife