Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

I make it my practice not to speculate on speculation  :dft011:

PokerMatt

Quote from: ron on March 08, 2014, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2014, 05:28:53 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 08, 2014, 04:54:04 PM
Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on March 08, 2014, 04:36:22 PM
We would of won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.

We would have won this game under Rene.

Drives me potty !

Indeed, how hard is to get this simple thing right!

In fact,  your instead of you're , to instead of too, misuse of there, they're and their, and of for off ....all are potty drivers!

Another one that irks me is people who say women instead of woman. You'll notice that now, I guarantee it.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

King_Crud

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 08, 2014, 09:20:33 PM
We would of won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.

Drives me potty !

In fact,  your instead of you're , to instead of too, misuse of there, they're and their, and of for off ....all are potty drivers!

Another one that irks me is people who say women instead of woman. You'll notice that now, I guarantee it.

Good to see I'm not the only one around here that still has standards of grammar.

nose

apologies for grammar and spelling i am dyslexic and prefer to make the point than spend ages checking things i can't see anyway

SO
IMO under rene we would have woin the WBA game, no probs, competed with chelsea as we did against liverpool (still probably nil points), and today as a minimum got a point and probably all three...... I genuinely think rene, with hIS new signings, had the team they way he wanted, i loved the man utd team selection and the effort they all put in, for the first time they looked a team and united, it was a pleasure to watch....

we will never know what might have been. i do know a third manager in a season was virtually a guarantee of relegation, it was bizarre and the highest possible risk strategy.

Peabody

Since when did we pick people up on their grammar, punctuation etc. have we become a forum forum of clever dicks? Sounds very much like it to me.

Fletchino

I think we would of played better if ren was in charge we seem to have gone so far backwards under felix magath I think felix the cat would have us playing better than this idiot.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with peabody..... no need for the English language police to come out at all on FOF. It is a form of cyber bullying and should not be tolerated.

Back to the OP.... In my opinion we had a greater chance of staying up with him in charge, the performances with his team against utd and Liverpool were a breath of fresh air and imo we would have got 4 points from our last 3 games....Now we have gone backwards and resemble a team managed by Jol

ron

I don't think suggesting that correct grammar should be used constitutes "Cyber bullying". Come to that I really don't think that encouraging accurate spelling makes anyone a "Clever Dick".

But each to his own. I shall keep checking mine.   

Admin

One of my biggest pet hates is people who pick up on other peoples spelling or grammar. It's petty, childish, belittling and humiliating to others. I've got no time for it on FOF so please let's move on, put it to bed and leave it there.

Count Berbatov

We would have won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.
Maybe. Maybe not. The team played better under both Magath and him. Just Jol was around for too long
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Twig

Drives me potty !

In fact,  your instead of you're , to instead of too, misuse of there, they're and their, and of for off ....all are potty drivers!

Fewer instead of less?

Twig

We would have won this game under Rene, he was just starting to get things right then Khan and Mac sack him for Magath who has know clue how the prem works.

As others have said this is all ifs, buts and maybes but I felt we were showing some spirit and ran two top teams close (ok we only picked up one point).  I also felt we were starting to integrate a blend of youth.  I appreciate all this is opinion and perspective but in my view we have regressed under Magath and yesterday's pathetic, low energy, dispirited effort illustrated that problem.  Perhaps he will be a good manager for us longer term (perhaps) but right now we seem to me to have lost the small sliver of hope of survival that Rene offered me.

The Old Count

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2014, 07:05:37 AM

As others have said this is all ifs, buts and maybes but I felt we were showing some spirit and ran two top teams close (ok we only picked up one point).  I also felt we were starting to integrate a blend of youth.  I appreciate all this is opinion and perspective but in my view we have regressed under Magath and yesterday's pathetic, low energy, dispirited effort illustrated that problem.  Perhaps he will be a good manager for us longer term (perhaps) but right now we seem to me to have lost the small sliver of hope of survival that Rene offered me.

I believe that we would have beaten WBA and Cardiff with Rene and may even have drawn with Chelsea. His team were starting to come together. We have gone backwards with Felix.  He displays the same arrogance as Jol and like Jol, backs it up with nothing.

JackyFulham90

We would have had a better chance of staying up keeping Rene than getting Magath in

One Martin Thomas

With Rene we were starting to fight.  He was an inexperienced manager, but he seemed to realise that the old guard were gonna get us relegated.  Bringing in the youngsters and lowering our average age (something we have needed for 3 or 4 years) was starting to show promise.

Magath has gone back to the old guard in an attempt to save us.  It's not working.  These guys cannot last 90 minutes and sorry Felix, it is not due to fitness, but age !  They are pooped.  The only player over say 32 that is worth "half a match" in my opinion is Karagounis.

terryr

Pointless hand wringing.
Rene made a good show but the results were not there.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.
He is irrelevant now. There is nothing to be gained by harking back to a mythical time when frankly we were doing no better than now. History has a way of being rewritten. The results were not coming....then or now. Next game....that's all we can do. Look to the next game. Looking back is pointless

alfie

Quote from: TerryR on March 09, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Pointless hand wringing.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.
He is irrelevant now. There is nothing to be gained by harking back to a mythical time when frankly we were doing no better than now. History has a way of being rewritten. The results were not coming....then or now. Next game....that's all we can do. Look to the next game. Looking back is pointless

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffc73

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 09, 2014, 08:22:38 AM
We would have had a better chance of staying up keeping Rene than getting Magath in

I think we still would have gone down.  I liked Rene but some of our performances (Hull, Sheff Utd to name two) were nothing other than woeful + Rene brought in Wilkins which was a huge tactical mistake

The question that I ponder over is whether Rene would have been better than Felix (or someone yet to be appointed) to rebuild the club's fortunes following relegation

nose

Pointless hand wringing.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.

I thought pointless hand wringinng and futile debate were a key reason for the existence of MBs like this.
If you deny me the opportunity to wail in the night, you deny me closure on the unnecesary dismantling in a once competent team.

alfie

Quote from: nose on March 09, 2014, 09:45:53 AM
Pointless hand wringing.
Remember Hull????
Forget Rene.

I thought pointless hand wringinng and futile debate were a key reason for the existence of MBs like this.
If you deny me the opportunity to wail in the night, you deny me closure on the unnecesary dismantling in a once competent team.

I think MR Nose that the point is there is no point in speculating what might or might not have happened it is something we will never know, some say we would have won this game under Rene, it is possible of that we may have won this game under Jol, it is something that has now gone.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't