Previous topic - Next topic

In or Out in May?

In
16 (24.6%)
Out
49 (75.4%)

Total Members Voted: 62

ross_bamping

It's not about now thinking about it. His abilities as manager won't be fully tested until summer, when he can get his team and clear the the useless. After a long, hard summer for the players, he will hopefully get them playing as a team in the next season. We were down anyway, can't really blame him for the mess that he's inherited.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Tonywa

Deeply unimpressed so far. I find some of his team selections bizarre in the extreme and think we looked hugely more impressive in Rene's last couple of games than we have since. The defence seems even more laughably bad than it was before. Let's hope he proves me wrong over the next few weeks.

YankeeJim

I want to support Felix but sending the two young ex manure players out, not giving Krvst a run out and starting the kid today all smacks of confusion.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on March 08, 2014, 10:07:28 PM
If we keep Khan and we get relegated is it possible we may end up with a American player next year

At the risk of upsetting a few, Dempsey looked decent in the second half in his MLS game today. It was his header on the woodwork that was bungled in to win on the last kick of the game.  LOL  :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Pluto

So many threads merged here I have no idea what's going on....  1500.gif

Bedford White

Magath, another manager with no PL experience who despite his alleged knowledge of relegation fights see fit to apparently field teams and players which Jol himself had fielded unsuccessfully 8 months ago.

Magath is making the same mistakes rather than learning from those made by his predecessors.

What on earth was JAR doing on the left midfield in front of Richardson? (Was this a type error on the team sheet?). Selecting Woodrow, a good kid, but for a crucial game such as this I'd have expected Bent, Kasami or Rodders to partner the Greek. This is basic stuff which is harder to get wrong than get right.

I have no confidence in Magath 

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Pluto on March 09, 2014, 04:08:27 AM
I have no idea what's going on....  1500.gif

So that's you and Felix both then

Shredhead

Quote from: Berserker on March 08, 2014, 11:38:38 PM
It was a very nice cafe, rather bijoux and had a continental feel. Reminded me of my travels to Ypres, apart from the Welsh aspect that is.
Where please? I'm still in the 'diff and might pop down there for a restorative cuppa. My heads throbbing after last night's consumption of ale. (Kelham Island Easy Rider)
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

alfie

I am not too sure what people want on here, week after week we get posts demanding that the youngsters get given a chance so he does that and gets slated for it, we have been demanding the greek starts he does and he gets slated as poor (i thought he got better as the game went on) the combination of Riise and Richardson i thought looked ok and it was very noticable when Riise went off, for me the player that has not performed is Reither, he seems to be constantly out of position, he cannot seem to mark players, and the mistake from the keeper was unfortunately the ball was headed down into the ground and the bounce just caught him out, i also thought that Sidwell seemed a bit lost without Parker, now don't have a go what i mean is that when Parker plays it allows Sidwell more opportunity to push forward as he knows Parker is behind him, but this game he was the one that had to sit back and it does not suit him. Holtby well he scored but not really sure that he could do much more he works bloody hard though. Whats happened to Dejagha, seems to start well but then it stops. I am assuming that Kasami must have picked up a knock.

Now if you disagree then that is totally fine, just don't ask me what game i was watching.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

Shredhead It was a street cafe in the middle of the outside area between the library and St David's centre, it was like a large booth selling food and drink with tables and chairs around under the trees. It had a funny welsh name. It reminded me of when I've had a cups of coffee out side in Paris or Ypres.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose

Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 09:16:32 AM
I am not too sure what people want on here, week after week we get posts demanding that the youngsters get given a chance so he does that and gets slated for it, we have been demanding the greek starts he does and he gets slated as poor (i thought he got better as the game went on) the combination of Riise and Richardson i thought looked ok and it was very noticable when Riise went off, for me the player that has not performed is Reither, he seems to be constantly out of position, he cannot seem to mark players, and the mistake from the keeper was unfortunately the ball was headed down into the ground and the bounce just caught him out, i also thought that Sidwell seemed a bit lost without Parker, now don't have a go what i mean is that when Parker plays it allows Sidwell more opportunity to push forward as he knows Parker is behind him, but this game he was the one that had to sit back and it does not suit him. Holtby well he scored but not really sure that he could do much more he works bloody hard though. Whats happened to Dejagha, seems to start well but then it stops. I am assuming that Kasami must have picked up a knock.

Now if you disagree then that is totally fine, just don't ask me what game i was watching.

I agree with you but thought riis should have reverted to left back and richardson midfield at half time, i thought the removal of riis a disaster.  I also agree, what has happened to reither?
we play like 11 individuals yet to be introduced

TonyGilroy

Quote from: alfie on March 09, 2014, 09:16:32 AM
I am not too sure what people want on here,

We want something that works or at least looks like it might work.

Magath isn't to blame but he came in talking about consistency and we've seen three very different teams all with off the wall selections.

It seems, not unreasonably, that his response to each performance is to realise that THAT didn't work and to try something different.

The only relevant question now is whether he's the right guy to make a fresh start in the Championship. I don't think he is.

ffc73

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 09, 2014, 09:42:52 AM

The only relevant question now is whether he's the right guy to make a fresh start in the Championship. I don't think he is.

:plus one:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 09:23:19 AM
Shredhead It was a street cafe in the middle of the outside area between the library and St David's centre, it was like a large booth selling food and drink with tables and chairs around under the trees. It had a funny welsh name. It reminded me of when I've had a cups of coffee out side in Paris or Ypres.

Hayes Island right outside the St Davids hall it was. Shredded pork bap with apple sauce and stuffing and one of the best cups of tea for ages. Napkin required!

Bracken White

There is no doubt whatsoever that his appointment has seen us regress. Afraid there isn't even a wing & a prayer now.
His team selections are appalling - he has done nothing to tighten our defence and he should never have been appointed.
If I was Rodallega I'd be chafing at the bit for my next challenge away from Craven Cottage. Both he & Karagounis have heart and fire and can change things. Playing the invisible Bent in front of him is one thing - but bringing in Woodrow and not even being on the bench is another.
Guess Khan thought the Magath appointment was the last throw of the dice - but it has proven to be very ill-considered - there were real signs of improvement at the Liverpool game - now we are back to the worst of the Jol days.
He should stay until the end of the season - then lets have a clean sweep; get Kit Symons, a true Fulham man appointed with his OWN team - and lets see a real & perhaps a youthful Fulham winning matches & maybe pushing for promotion.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

F(f)CUK

Every time I see Magath on TV I find myself swearing at it. The idea of bringing someone in who will look at experience to get us out of the mess rather than youth was an option. The best thing I could see would be to stabilise the team and stop making unnecessary changes. All Magath has done is get rid of the kids brought in by Meulensteen and played an ever changing team.

I honestly believe that if we had kept Meulensteen we would have more points at this stage. So I congratulate the board for their ability to cock things right up time and time again.

Fulham, the board and Magath are not helping me to keep my Lenten promises.

alfie

Quote from: Bracken White on March 09, 2014, 10:43:12 AM
There is no doubt whatsoever that his appointment has seen us regress. Afraid there isn't even a wing & a prayer now.
His team selections are appalling - he has done nothing to tighten our defence and he should never have been appointed.
If I was Rodallega I'd be chafing at the bit for my next challenge away from Craven Cottage. Both he & Karagounis have heart and fire and can change things. Playing the invisible Bent in front of him is one thing - but bringing in Woodrow and not even being on the bench is another.
Guess Khan thought the Magath appointment was the last throw of the dice - but it has proven to be very ill-considered - there were real signs of improvement at the Liverpool game - now we are back to the worst of the Jol days.
He should stay until the end of the season - then lets have a clean sweep; get Kit Symons, a true Fulham man appointed with his OWN team - and lets see a real & perhaps a youthful Fulham winning matches & maybe pushing for promotion.

With all due respect do we know why Rodders was not in the squad maybe has injury, i never understand why statements are made about players before knowing what the reason is, Kasami was not in the squad was he dropped or was it an injury ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bedford White

I'm all for giving the youth a go, but surely you'd get established in the game and then send Woodrow on at the 60/70 mins mark? It was a huge ask for the lad and I can't help but think Rodders or Bent starting would have been the better option in such a massive game.

Bronaldinho

Never should have removed Rene.

But at the end of the day we need stability.

Give Magath 18 months to build his squad and then judge him after that.

Giving Woodrow the start yday was nice to see, but wrong time to do it.

Mitroglou is the only striker we have to hold the ball up. Play with one forward, then have Dejagah, Kaca/Kiera and Holtby running on behind him.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Shredhead

Quote from: Berserker on March 09, 2014, 09:23:19 AM
Ah yes,  the old Hayes Island snack bar.  Now suitably tarted up.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC