watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only Five Points From Safety!

Started by VamosFFC, March 08, 2014, 05:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

Everyone on here is complaining were down and yes we just took a step closer to relegation with today's loss to Cardiff, but it's not over yet. Where only five points from safety. Part of me thinks a drop to the Championship would do the club good with our youth getting more involved and a complete squad shakeup, which the club desperately needs right now. But I would take staying in the Premier League any day over dropping down to the Championship.

It seems we will be getting a squad shakeup anyway whether we stay up or not, as it seems Magath likes to bring in a lot of new players anyway. And the Championship will demand players be taken off the wage bill and new players coming in for less pay.

Basically what I'm saying is it's not over yet and most you all know that, but all you do is say were done with and relegation is certain because it's the easy thing to do. I know it's hard getting behind a team playing so poorly, but it's all we can do really.

COYW!!!

DukeTyrion

Sunderland's game in hand is against West Brom, so we are at least 6 points from safety.

Admin

We can even win a point, we can't even score a goal or play a game without conceding more that 3!

I'm sorry, I like your enthusiasm in these dark times but making up those 5 points in our state is like making up 20.

We will go down and we will go down the bottom club, that I will bet my house against.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Admin on March 08, 2014, 05:58:16 PM
We can even win a point, we can't even score a goal or play a game without conceding more that 3!

I'm sorry, I like your enthusiasm in these dark times but making up those 5 points in our state is like making up 20.

We will go down and we will go down the bottom club, that I will bet my house against.

It certainly looks like that might well be the case, but I'm not counting us out till we are mathematically relegated.

Shredhead

I agree were not mathematically down but the tactics and some bad errors mean I can't see anyway out of this.
Magath doesn't like playing wingers and Riether and Dejagah look stifled. The New Greek looks as donkey-like as Bent.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Rhys Lightning 63

It's the fact that we are within a reasonable distance that is killing me. Like a slow death. Just wish someone could take us behind the shed, stick a bolt gun to our head and just get it over with
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fulham76

We're going down, I have no doubt about that but, for the record, we're 4 points from safety, (5 if you add in our pathetic goal difference). Not quite 6 yet, but soon will be.

Berserker

Embrace the inevitable, and look forward to new exciting places to visit
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Rock

Quote from: The Rock on March 08, 2014, 06:12:51 PM
Not sure what team you were watching today, but I can't see us getting any more than a point here or there. We're done for but I won't knock your enthusiasm.

I do have to say that I am VERY excited for next year and I think with our current manager and owner, they will ensure promotion. I think RM would have done a great job as well, but oh well.

David Allen Crankshaw

The most frustrating thing is that there are a number of poor teams near the bottom and we just can't get anywhere near them because we just can't win a game. I like to try and be an optimist but if we are to be relegated I don't see us getting back to the Premier League for many years. There are quite a number of teams in The Championship with a far greater fan base than ours. The dreadful performances against League One Sheffield United illustrate just how poor we are.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 08, 2014, 06:39:06 PM
We're going down, I have no doubt about that but, for the record, we're 4 points from safety, (5 if you add in our pathetic goal difference). Not quite 6 yet, but soon will be.

Ya, I had five down first, but DukeTyrion said with Sunderland's game in hand it's six.

VamosFFC

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on March 08, 2014, 06:44:52 PM
The most frustrating thing is that there are a number of poor teams near the bottom and we just can't get anywhere near them because we just can't win a game. I like to try and be an optimist but if we are to be relegated I don't see us getting back to the Premier League for many years. There are quite a number of teams in The Championship with a far greater fan base than ours. The dreadful performances against League One Sheffield United illustrate just how poor we are.

I'm hoping whatever happens this season, next season we'll have a complete overhaul and be back to playing attacking, flowing football.

Fulham76

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 05:54:39 PM
Everyone on here is complaining were down and yes we just took a step closer to relegation with today's loss to Cardiff, but it's not over yet. Where only five points from safety. Part of me thinks a drop to the Championship would do the club good with our youth getting more involved and a complete squad shakeup, which the club desperately needs right now. But I would take staying in the Premier League any day over dropping down to the Championship.

It seems we will be getting a squad shakeup anyway whether we stay up or not, as it seems Magath likes to bring in a lot of new players anyway. And the Championship will demand players be taken off the wage bill and new players coming in for less pay.

Basically what I'm saying is it's not over yet and most you all know that, but all you do is say were done with and relegation is certain because it's the easy thing to do. I know it's hard getting behind a team playing so poorly, but it's all we can do really.

COYW!!!

You can't change the title of the thread i.e. being '6 points from safety' & the content now that I've commented & picked you up on your mistake!! It now looks like I'm going mad... It's only right that you should stand by your cock up. Change it back please.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on March 08, 2014, 06:53:11 PM

COYW!!!

You can't change the title of the thread i.e. being '6 points from safety' & the content now that I've commented & picked you up on your mistake!! It now looks like I'm going mad... It's only right that you should stand by your cock up. Change it back please.

Well which is right. I'll change when I know which is right. I said five to begin, which is what it is currently.

Fulham76

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

COYW!!!

Well which is right. I'll change when I know which is right. I said five to begin, which is what it is currently.

4 officially but might as well be 5, (which is what it will take us), with our ridiculous goal difference.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on March 08, 2014, 06:35:18 PM
It's the fact that we are within a reasonable distance that is killing me. Like a slow death. Just wish someone could take us behind the shed, stick a bolt gun to our head and just get it over with
Yep, it's the old axiom:  I can cope with the despair, it's the hope that's killing me.   COYW    049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: VamosFFC on March 08, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

COYW!!!

It's 6  :022:

We are 4 points behind West Brom, with a crap goal difference, meaning we need an extra point. West Brom's game in hand is sunderland, so a win or draw for west brom takes them to 26, where a win for Sunderland takes them to 27 ... ergo, we need to get to 27 points after West Brom play their game in hand.