watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An explanation?

Started by Legate21, March 08, 2014, 06:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legate21

Am I wrong in expecting a statement from the board when everything is said and done in the premier league this year with regards to an explanation as to what's happened this season?

I would hope it's not too much to ask since it appears we are going to down without a fight.

Lighthouse

Pretty clear what happened this season. Don't need the bunch that made the mistakes the other lot made whent they were trying to sell the club to this lot, telling us they have no idea what they are doing.

Clear as day.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SadOldGit

I think  it IS too much to ask.  What we'll get is a statement full of meaningless phrases and management speak that will amount to zero. The truth is that too many fingers in the decision-making process, too old a squad, and too many players who just don't care enough are the reasons we're in this mess.  I didn't want to believe it, but we have actually gone backwards under Magath.

mullers

One of the moments that sticks in my mind was when Spurs got relegated under Keith Burkinshaw in his first season. The chairman went on television and described the board meeting and he had said said something like, "We are here to discuss the future of our manager, and we should bear in mind that we are the ones who gave him the job in the first place." He stayed and won three trophies.

The problem we have is that had Rene stayed  there might be a similar argument at Fulham, but after sacking 'four' managers in a season we're just in a mess. I can't believe there is anyone at the club with a plan - if there was we should have made some sort of idea for the future in case we got relegated, for example sticking with youth and beginning rebuilding. Not desperately clinging on to something that seemed doomed to end in failure a year ago.

TonyGilroy

It does seem like it's headless chickens in the boardroom but they're all in a place they've never been before.

In truth all will be well if we can bring in a manager capable of building a promotion team. That's "ALL" they have to do but whoever they pick give him time and resources.

HatterDon

The statement you'll see will take one of two forms.

Statement 1 -- there's a lot of people leaving the board and coaching staff -- the owner is unhappy and wants to change the team ethic

Statement 2 -- there is no substantive change in management -- the owner agrees with those supporters who blame the players for relegation

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Firstly, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a statement.

Secondly, any statement will disappoint because the evidence shows they have no idea what is going on.