watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its a strange feeling

Started by K33NY, March 08, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

You get that when you see your club in such bad situation, you still support the club and realise that the feeling is actually love! Love for a football club just isnt the same as any other love, its so special, after our loss I wrote some thoughts on my facebook wall, suddenly some sms ticked in on my phone, from old friends from school, from the same time I started supporting Fulham, they laughed at me back then asking wth is that for a club, I never heard of it ever, all those United and Liverpool fans. But today on SMS it said, wow I remember you talking about Fulham back then, and so many years later you actually do support them, not a glory hunter or a temporary "fan" but you stick with them in bad days and good days! True fan you are! I hope Fulham stays up!

Reading that message made ma realise more, how much Fulham means to me, if we go down, it will be a sad day, but in so many years, since the 98/99 Season when I started supporting Fulham there has been many good days, many fun days, many extatic days! There has been dark days, depressing days and many frustrating days as well, 07/08 season was the darkest time for me, then the last match of season we did stay up. Maybe my best day with Fulham besides our day of promotion as well as Europa League against Juventus.

Mathematically, we are not down yet, but beating teams like Cardiff in these situations, its simply a must! But alive for next season or down, I surely hope a structural rebuild internal of the entire club should be needed! Magath must make a drastic move to maybe let go of many players and rebuild a new team, a tough job, but most likely a very necessary job!

But its strange how the strong the feeling actually is, at times like this! Come on Fulham! Come On You Whites!

Big Martin Jol

Well, in sickness and in health etc.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

albionandy92

I'm exactly the same as an Albion fan. Even though we are just above the drop zone, we are as good as in it with Sunderland having 2 games in hand over us. Your passion for the club comes through more as every goal counts. It sucks being in this position, and relegation feels inevitable for us both, not having won since New Years Day. Still, only a game and all :/

LillieBoy

Quote from: K33NY on March 08, 2014, 06:58:16 PM
You get that when you see your club in such bad situation, you still support the club and realise that the feeling is actually love! Love for a football club just isnt the same as any other love, its so special, after our loss I wrote some thoughts on my facebook wall, suddenly some sms ticked in on my phone, from old friends from school, from the same time I started supporting Fulham, they laughed at me back then asking wth is that for a club, I never heard of it ever, all those United and Liverpool fans. But today on SMS it said, wow I remember you talking about Fulham back then, and so many years later you actually do support them, not a glory hunter or a temporary "fan" but you stick with them in bad days and good days! True fan you are! I hope Fulham stays up!

Reading that message made ma realise more, how much Fulham means to me, if we go down, it will be a sad day, but in so many years, since the 98/99 Season when I started supporting Fulham there has been many good days, many fun days, many extatic days! There has been dark days, depressing days and many frustrating days as well, 07/08 season was the darkest time for me, then the last match of season we did stay up. Maybe my best day with Fulham besides our day of promotion as well as Europa League against Juventus.

Mathematically, we are not down yet, but beating teams like Cardiff in these situations, its simply a must! But alive for next season or down, I surely hope a structural rebuild internal of the entire club should be needed! Magath must make a drastic move to maybe let go of many players and rebuild a new team, a tough job, but most likely a very necessary job!

But its strange how the strong the feeling actually is, at times like this! Come on Fulham! Come On You Whites!

I've supported Fulham since 1963.  Yeah Yeah Yeah.  :drums:

Get out now while you still have a chance.   :dft004:

049:gif   049:gif  049:gif

Jem

It's like owning a puppy. You love it, it pukes on you, you love it, it craps on you, you take it to a show and it comes second, you are the proudest person in the world. It gets relegated, you still love it even though it breaks your heart. It's still your puppy. A passer by has a go at it, you stand firm and defend it, it's your pup.....team! It's in your blood. Who said life was going to be easy?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LillieBoy

Quote from: Jem on March 08, 2014, 09:31:46 PM
It's like owning a puppy. You love it, it pukes on you, you love it, it craps on you, you take it to a show and it comes second, you are the proudest person in the world. It gets relegated, you still love it even though it breaks your heart. It's still your puppy. A passer by has a go at it, you stand firm and defend it, it's your pup.....team! It's in your blood. Who said life was going to be easy?

I see your point but relegated?  Talk about a mixed metaphor!

Seriously the truly sad thing about pets is that they die.  It really breaks your heart.

That's why Khan must stay.

Berserker

Does that apply to having a Kitten
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Berserker on March 08, 2014, 09:40:17 PM
Foes that apply to having a Kitten

?

Oh DOES. I see. Well as a cat person I've had mother and daughter die within a year at the age of 20.

They are so independent it doesn't seem so bad.  But a dog! They love you far too much.  They dote.

Cats don't dote.  They really are amazingly self-contained!

Still crack you up though. 

Jem

Quote from: LillieBoy on March 08, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

I see your point but relegated?  Talk about a mixed metaphor!

Seriously the truly sad thing about pets is that they die.  It really breaks your heart.

That's why Khan must stay
I know, I was trying to say that supporting a team is like owning a puppy but never mind. I lost my dalmatian 16 months ago and it still hurts. my other dog has just been diagnosed as having a heart murmur so there are troubled waters ahead. Still, looking on the bright side very few clubs actually go out of business so I can carry on supporting Fulham in the Championship or lower divisions if need be. Just like before!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LillieBoy

Quote from: Jem on March 08, 2014, 09:56:45 PM
Quote from: LillieBoy on March 08, 2014, 09:38:43 PM

I see your point but relegated?  Talk about a mixed metaphor!

Seriously the truly sad thing about pets is that they die.  It really breaks your heart.

That's why Khan must stay
I know, I was trying to say that supporting a team is like owning a puppy but never mind. I lost my dalmatian 16 months ago and it still hurts. my other dog has just been diagnosed as having a heart murmur so there are troubled waters ahead. Still, looking on the bright side very few clubs actually go out of business so I can carry on supporting Fulham in the Championship or lower divisions if need be. Just like before!

But where?

I can't see myself caring about brand FFC away from Craven Cottage.  What's to support?

Just a word with six letters in it?  And a childhood memory?

My thoughts are with you and your dog...

Berserker

Sorry about your puppy Jem. My dad couldn't go to matches as he had bad eyes, he always used to listen to matches on the Radio.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sammyffc

Quote from: albionandy92 on March 08, 2014, 08:55:54 PM
I'm exactly the same as an Albion fan. Even though we are just above the drop zone, we are as good as in it with Sunderland having 2 games in hand over us. Your passion for the club comes through more as every goal counts. It sucks being in this position, and relegation feels inevitable for us both, not having won since New Years Day. Still, only a game and all :/

quite surprised you've stuck around since the wba game ! nice to see another teamsfan keeping up to date with our miserable ways ;)

Berserker

Actually reading Albionandy92's post made me feel better. We are not alone in our struggle. I was talking to some Cardiff fans today and they are feeling the pain of possible relegation as well. All fans hurt when something horrible is happening to their club

- Martin Luther King Jr.

albionandy92

Quote from: Sammyffc on March 08, 2014, 10:19:05 PM
Quote from: albionandy92 on March 08, 2014, 08:55:54 PM

quite surprised you've stuck around since the wba game ! nice to see another teamsfan keeping up to date with our miserable ways ;)
It's always interesting seeing other teams boards! Let's be honest, we are probably the worst two teams in the league right now so it's nice to know we aren't the only club in this mess :P if i had my way, scummy stoke, naarwich and caerdiff would be going through the trap door.