News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1st time in 13 years, I fear for the future.

Started by jarv, March 08, 2014, 09:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

When teams go down, other clubs pick off the best players. Judging by this season, how many players can be considered premier standard?

Heitinga, Sidwell, the loanee from Spurs and now I am struggling. Our keeper makes way too many mistakes for anyone else to want him, but with a defence, any defence in front of him he is probably good enough.

Hangeland was never any good in my opinion. Hughes made him look miles better than the giraffe on ice that he is.
The full backs are useless and the team does not have one, not one striker worth tuppence.

However, on paper I don't see a decent championship team either. Different style, more aggressive perhaps we have a core of about 8 decent championship players, combined with some youth and a few astute signings we can start to enjoy watching Fulham again.

Get rid of this magath idiot (Jol2) and get someone in who knows the division.  Footnote, inside story, my son has a mate who works for Fulham in the academy and apparently Magath is thought to be weird by everyone. Not for his training routines, just plain weird (and not liked by anyone).

As I said in the title, I fear for Fulham now unless of course the owner gets his big fat wallet out this summer. I am fed up with us being a bigger laughing stock than QPR last season.

Count Berbatov

Magath does look weird. I hoped he only just looks that way. But to answer your original post, I do think there are some tough teams down there. But no money would convince good players to stay or come to Fulham. Which in turn, means rather try and keep what you can. And that will be the biggest expense.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

Will you stay with us Count? I hope you do
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

JackyFulham90

We need a clear out our squad is poor

Stekelenburg - Has been disappointing he will move back abroad.
Riether - Back to a German club
Heitinga - Will get another Premier League club I feel
Riise - Back to Germany
Amorebieta - Has been so poor will probably return to Spain
Dejagah - Can see him going to a mid table German club
Sidwell - Out of contract & think he will get a newly promoted premier league side
Karagounis - Can see him retiring
Duff - Retirement
Kvist - End of loan
Kasami - Move back to Italian Club
Ruiz - Stay in the Dutch league
Rodallega - Return to Colombia
Bent - End of loan
Holtby - End of loan
Mitraglou - Will probably get a move either back to Greece or a mid table Prem side

jarv

Count, I think it is how you sell the club to players. When Fulham started on the rise, they persuaded Coleman, the best centre half outside the premier to join (in the 3rd division I think). Saha and other excellent players joined in the 2nd divsion. It was all about the ambition and rise of Fulham, or at least how it was presented to future players.
The current set of clowns were able to persuade several players to join in January. Unfortunately, most are not good enough. 051

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Berserker on March 08, 2014, 09:39:03 PM
Will you stay with us Count? I hope you do
Absolutely!
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

Quote from: jarv on March 08, 2014, 09:42:15 PM
Count, I think it is how you sell the club to players. When Fulham started on the rise, they persuaded Coleman, the best centre half outside the premier to join (in the 3rd division I think). Saha and other excellent players joined in the 2nd divsion. It was all about the ambition and rise of Fulham, or at least how it was presented to future players.
The current set of clowns were able to persuade several players to join in January. Unfortunately, most are not good enough. 051
You're right about Saha though. What a player! Grateful to have seen him play