watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

37 points

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, March 09, 2014, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

Looking at the fixtures of the bottom five clubs, I think 37 points (even with our inferior goal difference) - 4 wins and a draw against Everton at Home plus 3 draws away - could keep us up above three from Norwich, Palace, West Brom and Cardiff. That's another 16 points we need! If we were playing positively as a team, with individual players showing great heart and commitment, an in-form striker and a strong defence - yes, I think we could do it......  079.gif

Twig

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 09, 2014, 09:35:31 AM
Looking at the fixtures of the bottom five clubs, I think 37 points (even with our inferior goal difference) would keep us up above Palace, West Brom and Cardiff. That's another 16 points we need! If we were playing positively as a team, with individual players showing great heart and commitment, an in-form striker and a strong defence - yes, I think we could do it......  079.gif

If, if, if.......... then yes we coud do it but sadly we won't.

nose

i agree that may well be enough
we have winnable games
we just have to win them
as it is i think we will finish with less than 30 points
it is possible but i do not think felix has the knowledge of the players or league, or the imagination to get it right in time.
he needs to settle on 11 and stick with that, not change the players every single game.

TonyGilroy

No game is currently winnable for us. As things stand we'll reach 37 points by about November if we're lucky.

Fulham76

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 09, 2014, 09:35:31 AM
Looking at the fixtures of the bottom five clubs, I think 37 points (even with our inferior goal difference) - 4 wins and a draw against Everton at Home plus 3 draws away - could keep us up above Palace, West Brom and Cardiff. That's another 16 points we need! If we were playing positively as a team, with individual players showing great heart and commitment, an in-form striker and a strong defence - yes, I think we could do it......  079.gif

Lots of 'ifs' in there. We've had plenty of winnable games, including yesterday's, but didn't win any of them! I think we could stay up with 37 points, maybe less, but we're not about to start playing like a top 6 team, so it's very unlikely we'll get anywhere near 37 points.

Nero

if our defence had less holes then a colander maybe as as it stand not a cats in hells chance, I think rene realised there a deep routed problem in the players from the Jol days and that why he brought so many players in Jan unfortunately Fleix hasn't realised this and keep putting out the players that have Dutch Elm Disease or Jol Rot

Wingnut

Did you watch that game yesterday, the whole 90 mins? If ever there was a game between two relegation bound teams, that was it.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

H4usuallysitting

Like your hope - but in the words of Private Frazer........ 'We're Doomed'

BishopsParkFantastic

If I don't get a positive response to my posting very soon, I shall have to take my frustration out on my stuffed Jol, Rene and Magath look-alike toy collection  :dead horse:  :dead horse:  :dead horse:

Deanothefulhamfan

Sorry Bishops but if we get to 37 points and survive. I will give you 50 quid.... I am a man of my word when it comes to bets, so watch this space.... I think we will be lucky to get 27

I will leave you with the toys in the meantime

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 09, 2014, 10:40:23 AM
Sorry Bishops but if we get to 37 points and survive. I will give you 50 quid.... I am a man of my word when it comes to bets, so watch this space.... I think we will be lucky to get 27

I will leave you with the toys in the meantime

37 quid will do nicely, thank you!

Tonywa

Can anyone seriously look at the way we are playing currently and expect us to reach thirty-seven points? In addition we are also suffering from syndrome that usually afflicts teams about to be relegated whereby everything that can possibly go wrong, does so and that every bit of bad luck going attaches itself to you.

WhiteJC

when we win a game, I hope its next week, then that will give the lads some belief? at the moment we're loosing games because we don't believe we will win, that applies to both fans and players

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 09, 2014, 12:19:48 PM
when we win a game, I hope its next week, then that will give the lads some belief? at the moment we're loosing games because we don't believe we will win, that applies to both fans and players

Isn't that the truth   !!!!!

Slaphead in Qatar

Its always been possible to stay up in theory. In practice I cannot see where the next win is coming from, we are playing poorly and showing no relegation fighting spirit. I just hope we do not fall into disgrace and end up with less  than 30 points and 10points adrift.

PokerMatt

To get to 37 points it would require us to at worst lose only three of nine remaining. We've lost 20 of 29. We're the worst team in the league by a distance. I have no faith left.

I've been positive up to yesterday. But it's run out. There's no way this dreadful set of players can suddenly hit top six form.

I just wish we could now start to play the youth and the players who will definitely be here next year in preparation for the Championship. Even get in the manager now who will be tasked with getting us back up. But we'll be served up more dross by the has beens and never weres.

I hope I can bring this post up in a couple of months and say I was wrong. But let's face it..
Follow me: @mattdjourno

sumofallparts

I don't see us getting these wins unless our players attitude improves.

As has been said elsewhere, only Lewis Holtby seems to give a damn. If we had 11 of him, yes we can win 4 /5 games that are left. More displays like yesterday and it's curtains.

I couldn't even watch MOTD last night i felt so effed off with matters.

aaronmcguigan

I agree,if we cant beat Cardiff who in their other 27 games look doomed, but against us look world beaters, we will not get another win at all for the rest of the season.

Magath has repeatedly said that we have an easy run in, but if we cant beat the 19th placed team, what hope do we have against the rest of the teams fighting for their lives.