News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, if those around the club are 'apperently' looking in at this forum..

Started by Admin, March 09, 2014, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

..then you best start pulling your fingers out now and preparing for the Championship, making sure that you get it right at the first time of asking, and that we bounce back straight away. If not, we'll be down there for a very long time.

This season has been an absolute conundrum of errors, not just because of the take over, but obviously because the way it was handled, and what has been going on for the previous 3 years in regards to investment.

To be honest, the past is now the past, that can't be put right, but the future can. I believe Khan has every best interest for Fulham, but my advice is to now starting assembling the best there is, those with a footballing knowledge, and elite team of people who can make footballing decisions. 

Texas White

Nero

yep the club has Dutch Elm disease or Jol Rot as its otherwise known it has got into the players DNA and they  except being second best and show know fight or pride

Jags

It's pretty hard to take that the Cottage used to be a fortress. Fulham players used to fight tooth & nail to stop the opposition & defensively we looked solid but these past few seasons have been painful. I'm lost as to where we go from here. Yes we have to rebuild the squad from 1-11 but I just hope that we can bounce back.

Watching Hull dismantle Sunderland in the cup has once again shown that a team well drilled by an experienced manager with players who do the job they are paid for gets you results & the performances.

Hindsight is a great thing but many of us at the end of last season wanted change in the management of the club. Such a shame that many of the players don't show the passion & willingness that our fans give.

One Martin Thomas

I want to see that ground looked at as well as the team / management.  Still have 3 temporary stands and no sign of Riverside progress. 

Surely next season is the ideal time to get the Riverside done.  That would show me Khan is the real deal.  & I am sure the cost was not that much in the scheme of things.

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2014, 04:07:34 PM
I want to see that ground looked at as well as the team / management.  Still have 3 temporary stands and no sign of Riverside progress. 

Surely next season is the ideal time to get the Riverside done.  That would show me Khan is the real deal.  & I am sure the cost was not that much in the scheme of things.

Where's the 3rd Temp stand?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: MJG on March 09, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

both ends behind goal and 50% of JH stand

One Martin Thomas

I have to add that I feel those temporary stands prove nothing was as solid as it seemed.  I am eternally grateful to MAF for saving the Cottage and would never want to leave, but is it holding us back !!!!!?????

Who else in the Premier League or even Championship have stands like that ?

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2014, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 09, 2014, 04:36:29 PM

both ends behind goal and 50% of JH stand
Your just talking about the seats in the enclosure, its hardly 50% of the stand and I would not call them Temp seats because thats never going to change back to standing.

MJG

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2014, 04:54:11 PM
I have to add that I feel those temporary stands prove nothing was as solid as it seemed.  I am eternally grateful to MAF for saving the Cottage and would never want to leave, but is it holding us back !!!!!?????

The stands were put it as 'temp@ because it was the quickest way to get back. varioud people have said they have a life of 15-25 years. I suspect a safety inspection at any time would increase those.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: MJG on March 09, 2014, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2014, 04:54:11 PM

The stands were put it as 'temp@ because it was the quickest way to get back. varioud people have said they have a life of 15-25 years. I suspect a safety inspection at any time would increase those.

I know why the stands went up as they did.  I just want to see the club move forward.  New stands with no restricted view.  Good facilities.  A good team on the pitch.  May be it is too much to ask ?

LBNo11

...well, on the off chance the club read these pages, this club needs to be de-loused, steam cleaned, and remove all the deadwood and start again.

I DO believe that Khan has our best interests at heart, and I believe he will invest again. If I'm right, and he is here for the long-term he must realise this is going to cost him - big time, we need to try and keep (buy) Holtby, we need to bring through - and buy in, some youth, we need to spend to get a backbone to the team, we need to have Fulham supporting directors like Mark Collins back who know and love the club, we need a manager who is going to inspire, (sorry Magath you are not the man, too arrogant to look at what happened before and so has made the same mistakes) someone who shows passion and respects and understands the ethics of this club but gives us an edge.

Someone who will win the fans, make them believe again, make them have pride again, and make us fortress Fulham again...

We Are The Whites[/b]
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 09, 2014, 05:12:26 PM
...well, on the off chance the club read these pages, this club needs to be de-loused, steam cleaned, and remove all the deadwood and start again.

I DO believe that Khan has our best interests at heart, and I believe he will invest again. If I'm right, and he is here for the long-term he must realise this is going to cost him - big time, we need to try and keep (buy) Holtby, we need to bring through - and buy in, some youth, we need to spend to get a backbone to the team, we need to have Fulham supporting directors like Mark Collins back who know and love the club, we need a manager who is going to inspire, (sorry Magath you are not the man, too arrogant to look at what happened before and so has made the same mistakes) someone who shows passion and respects and understands the ethics of this club but gives us an edge.

Someone who will win the fans, make them believe again, make them have pride again, and make us fortress Fulham again...

We Are The Whites[/b]

Step forward John Collins and Danny Murphy

Andy S

What is their track record then? Getting out of the championship is no walk in the park

One Martin Thomas

We Are The Whites[/b]

I agree LBNO11.  The club needs a thorough going over (with the exception of the youth set up).  What is Khan's plan to build, move the club forward, stadium expansion....   what's the five year plan for the club ?  Getting back into the Premier League is not an acceptable answer.  We can't sit back whilst other clubs above and below spend more money, promote youth into first team and redevelop stadiums. 

This club needs innovation in many areas to compete.

If you are looking for someone to get us out of the Championship, should we look any further than the gentleman who did for us ?  TIGANA for me.

hovewhite

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: hovewhite on March 09, 2014, 07:07:10 PM
What is TIGANA doin right at this moment?

Probably nothing but sipping wine on the balcony of his French chateau !

FulhamFCMiss

If there are lookers-in from the club who have the power to make decisions, then it matters not, because if they have been unable to spot how poor they have performed as a club over the past 2 seasons, then I very much doubt they will have the gumption to understand anything that people write in this forum, as the majority of it is informed opinion and suggestion that they obviously cannot fathom.

win-dup

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2014, 06:29:19 PM

We Are The Whites[/b]

I agree LBNO11.  The club needs a thorough going over (with the exception of the youth set up).  What is Khan's plan to build, move the club forward, stadium expansion....   what's the five year plan for the club ?  Getting back into the Premier League is not an acceptable answer.  We can't sit back whilst other clubs above and below spend more money, promote youth into first team and redevelop stadiums. 

This club needs innovation in many areas to compete.

If you are looking for someone to get us out of the Championship, should we look any further than the gentleman who did for us ?  TIGANA for me.

the only thing that Khan will be looking to do is get his money back by pocketing the parachute payment and flogging off the Cottage to developers/