watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

399 minutes since they scored a goal in the Prem

Started by The Swan, March 09, 2014, 09:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When I read that Cardiff had not scored a goal in the Prem for 399 minutes I knew that they were bound to score against us.
I did not expect them to score three .
I wish I could remember how many goals we have conceeded from set plays ie corners and free kicks.
How many times have the scorers been unmarked at the time.
I have said for a long time that we must man mark at corners and free kicks. Will our defence lister NO the wont.
The Swan

Admin

As soon as this was announced, I think everyone though "Oh foop, here we go". It was bound to happen, it always does, we are always the ones to get beat by the newly promoted team, or help out a struggling team, or even nurse a player back to form. That's just Fulhamish, but this season has been completely different, they happened because we've been utter poo.

We concede from set pieces for one or two reason. Firstly, and if no one else has noticed, Brede can't jump any more, well not as good as he used to, he's passed it. Gone are the days where Schwarzer comes flying out of his 6 yard box to collect balls and commands his defense, gone are the days where we had players that would drop back and fight for every ball, gone are the days that our players actually gave a damn. 

Fulham76

Quote from: The Swan on March 09, 2014, 09:45:28 PM
When I read that Cardiff had not scored a goal in the Prem for 399 minutes I knew that they were bound to score against us.
I did not expect them to score three .
I wish I could remember how many goals we have conceeded from set plays ie corners and free kicks.
How many times have the scorers been unmarked at the time.
I have said for a long time that we must man mark at corners and free kicks. Will our defence lister NO the wont.

I'm not surprised they scored against us or that they scored 3. What I can't believe is McGath going with the long ball style. Not only is it terrible & frustrating to watch, we don't have the players for that style, it's old fashioned & simply doesn't work. The last thing a team that cant defend, (like us), should do is play a style which keeps giving the ball back to the opposition & allow them to keep coming at us.