watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

An absentee owner won't work

Started by Bradstow, March 10, 2014, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

When he lived in UK, Fayed took some interest in us as a football team (I believe he was only really in it for the kudos) but when he went abroad his sole interest seemed to be getting back as much money as possible. The sale of Dembele and Dempsey gave us funds that Fayed refused to re-invest in an obviously ageing and fading team. Jol was simply incapable of standing up to Fayed and arguably simply sat tight until compensation for dismissal came his way. Fayed recouped his investment when Mr Khan came along. Someone who knows nothing about what he calls "soccer" and is thousands of miles away. Khan was prepared to sit on his hands and his wallet until it was too late. We were treated to the ineffective triad under the control of a Manchester United cast off. The panic sets in and the tough guy Germanic approach was introduced by our absentee owner. It will not work. For 63 years I have been a supporter. I have endured the downs and enjoyed the ups. For all those years one thing has remained true - Fulham are Fulhamish. We are the little team by the Thames; we are loveable; we constantly surprise the critics by beating the best and producing players of great ability and character. Our greatest attribute is probably character - we pull out the stops when we need to and play with passion and belief. Until recently that is. The spirit has nearly gone - drowned by owners and managers who never did what we, the fans, do. Love our team! I pray that some English benefactor comes along who has the same feelings toward FFC. And maybe, just maybe this summer should see the return of Kevin Keegan.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

JBH

So how much are you going to offer for the club?
And why on earth would we want Keegan back! If yoy had said Tigana I would have taken you more seriously

Fletchino

ron

Nah ! ..I don't see Keegan as being able to offer anything to us in our current plight.

We need a psychologist as well as a tactician.....in fact the same sort of character for football as Mike Brearley was for cricket all those years ago when with a cerebral approach he turned a losing team to a conquering one in very short order.

The alternative is to buy a ready made champions league-ready team off the peg for trillions....something we can't do because

1.  the lack of cash, and

2. because we can't seem to make big cash count to get quality anyway (pick any or all of 4 names from the present and not too distant past)

cmg

We could certainly do with a high energy, 100% committed, quick, skillfull goalscorer - but I think little Kev is bit too old, even for the Championship.

....Oh, hang on a minute, you meant as MANAGER? Aaaaaaaagh!

(Might make a good owner, though. But I don't think he'd have the dough, he was a bit too early for the really silly money).

Wimbledon_White

haha Bradstow is brilliant. He is just a misery guts troll from what I can see. He'd slag off the manager/owner even if we were top of the Prem and in the FA Cup final! At least he isn't inconsistent though I suppose.

Bronaldinho

It would work, if he had a better CEO than McIntosh.

Ali Mc has been suicidal this season.

Jol should have gone sooner, but Rene should have been given the 'Manager' title rather than Head Coach, adds so many negative effects on the team and players.

Then Rene gets backed in January, 2 games later gone.

Magath comes in with and has to start again as he has no idea of our players.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

HatterDon

The thing about Keegan is that he fires himself about 7 months into his contract. Keegan is an old Gaelic word meaning labor-saving device.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamFCMiss

Seems to me that football is a rich man's sport now, so how many Rich, English, gentlemen do we know willing to part with some serious dosh to prop up ours, or any, prem team then?

Answers on a postcard, addressed to : Shahid Khan, c/o 1306 East University Ave, Urbana, Ill, USA (and ask for a finders fee)

HatterDon

Vincent Tan has been a UK resident for donkey's years. Ask Cardiff supporters what they think of him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel