watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from across the pond

Started by Nightwind15, March 10, 2014, 11:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

After all these years of supporting Fulham most of the US Fulham fan's such as myself will be relegated to keeping up with our team through the internet media and searching for live feeds on game day.  This forum will serve as some solace but staying abreast of the players and quality of play will be strained to say the least.  I for one will fully expect the team to bounce back from the Championship scramble in 2015.  Until we do i will remain faithful and hope that the powers that be will put the pieces back together again and return us to the level the club and faithful deserve.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Nightwind15 on March 10, 2014, 11:09:50 AM
After all these years of supporting Fulham most of the US Fulham fan's such as myself will be relegated to keeping up with our team through the internet media and searching for live feeds on game day.  This forum will serve as some solace but staying abreast of the players and quality of play will be strained to say the least.  I for one will fully expect the team to bounce back from the Championship scramble in 2015.  Until we do i will remain faithful and hope that the powers that be will put the pieces back together again and return us to the level the club and faithful deserve.

Why not ask Khan if they can provide a feed through the Jags web site?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 10, 2014, 11:23:30 AM
Quote from: Nightwind15 on March 10, 2014, 11:09:50 AM

Why not ask Khan if they can provide a feed through the Jags web site?

This was my very thought. The best way to "apologize" to the fanbase, or at least one of the best, would be to film the games (even if it's just the home games) and stream them live or delayed. The fans have kept the faith while the club have failed miserably to give any real value for that money spent.

If it's legal for them to do so, I believe that asking Khan for that small investment to keep us ALL engaged with the team is entirely reasonable.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Burt

I suspect that broadcasting rights will probably make this difficult to realise...

Worth looking at the options though.

Berserker

Would it be possible to hear it on the radio in America? I presume the match would be on local radio around London, so with the right sort of receiver could it picked up abroad?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Plus there is the Gentleman Jim live audio feed on the club web site.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 10, 2014, 03:40:27 PM

sadly it doesn't always work

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 10, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

Maybe again it could be relayed via the Jags site.

ToodlesMcToot

Be nice to see them record Gentleman Jim's broadcasts and make podcasts from them. The vast majority of the time I am watching recordings of Fulham's games anyway. Saturdays and Sundays tend to belong to my children.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 10, 2014, 04:04:10 PM

I can only think of three times in the last 10 seasons when Gentleman Jim was not available -- and in all of those somebody kicked a cable out and nobody ever noticed. Poor old JimmyMac was rattling on to just himself.

I know it's a generational thing, but I quite enjoy the matches via GJ. Radio creates the theater of the mind. I know what the Cottage looks like, I've walked around all of it and it's permanently imprinted in my head. Jim's commentary allows me to create my own mental video. Nowadays, I think this is a lost art.

Considering TV in the states: Six or seven seasons ago, we'd be lucky to see Fulham more than 2 or 3 times a season. The same will be true in the Championship next season. beIN Sports carries the Championship, and every Friday/Monday night game plus early starts get carried over here in the states. What you WON'T see live is any match that kicks off at 1500 London on Saturday or Sunday.

The problem is that many young people don't watch football on television either -- they'd rather stream it. That's why over on fulham USA.com, the match day chatroom will feature only two or three people watching NBCSN on live TV while many others are watching the NBC site -- almost always 2 or 3 minutes behind, or constantly looking for links.

We'll survive over here. Just check your local listings.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel